Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 21st 2013 new

Praying theheart hug Pat i wish you the best of luck in your new journey in (the next chapter) in your life; Whatever the Good Lord; Has planed for you! You Take care of yourself; We will miss ya; around here. Mike "Peace"!!

Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Pat i wish you the best of luck in your new journey in (the next chapter) in your life; Whatever the Good ...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Pat i wish you the best of luck in your new journey in (the next chapter) in your life; Whatever the Good Lord; Has planed for you! You Take care of yourself; We will miss ya; around here. Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

The Prayer of St. Patrick

I arise today

Through the strength of heaven;

Light of the sun,

Splendor of fire,

Speed of lightning,

Swiftness of the wind,

Depth of the sea,

Stability of the earth,

Firmness of the rock.

I arise today

Through God's strength to pilot me;

God's might to uphold me,

God's wisdom to guide me,

God's eye to look before me,

God's ear to hear me,

God's word to speak for me,

God's hand to guard me,

God's way to lie before me,

God's shield to protect me,

God's hosts to save me

Afar and anear,

Alone or in a mulitude.

Christ shield me today

Against wounding

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,

Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,

Christ on my right, Christ on my left,

Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,

Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,

Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,

Christ in the eye that sees me,

Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today

Through the mighty strength

Of the Lord of creation.
Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: ... wrote to many men on here (something I never really did), ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

... wrote to many men on here (something I never really did), ...

--hide--

You wrote to them, but you never really wrote to them ? smile

How is that possible? It is seemingly a paradox, not unlike

Kildare and Casey. smile

Apr 22nd 2013 new

I haven't been here long enough to know Pat, but from what I have read she sounds amazing. So, really, why are you letting her get away? Too many miles between you? Awww, come on! Silly silly excuse!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: You wrote to them, but you never really wrote to them ? How is that possi...
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

You wrote to them, but you never really wrote to them ?

How is that possible? It is seemingly a paradox, not unlike

Kildare and Casey.

--hide--

I think that she means she started wrting to mean which was something that she never did in the past.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: I wish I had something upbeat or encouraging to say, but I don't. Going by your profile, I think th...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: I wish I had something upbeat or encouraging to say, but I don't. Going by your profile, I think that a lady such as you should have had no trouble finding a loving husband, and you should have been a grandmother by now. It just leaves me wondering why God does not help those who want to do the right thing. Every night I look at the crucifix over my bed and up to heaven, wondering why there is no help and no hope for people like you and people like me, no saint or angel who can intervene, and no reward in this life. Meanwhile, those with lesser aspirations are allowed to run loose. The best explanation I can offer is that Satan does not want any more Catholic children in this world, and he fights those who might produce such children tooth and nail. I have told God more than once that I can't do it without His help. I will cry a few tears for you tonight before I fall asleep.
--hide--

sad theheart

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Fiftyfive schmiftyfive. Some people have to wait until 69 to become prez. You can't honestly say it's a bigger deal to get married than to become prez as, in the 237 years of the Republic, the numbers speak for themselves, ... um ... millions versus just 44. Somewhat like the gardener who procured another year of digging and mulching to save the fig tree, give it another 14.

Apr 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I think that she means she started wrting to mean which was something that she never did in the past. <...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I think that she means she started wrting to mean which was something that she never did in the past.

--hide--
- Ah - now I've got the picture. THANKS. (A literal mind is a terrible burden, especially for those who have to read the resulting posts. )
Apr 22nd 2013 new

Pat, I will miss reading your comments, but I agree with you to let go and surrender to God. Many times, this is when He answers our prayers. I will keep you in my prayers. Mary theheart

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Pat,

You are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for writing your book on this topic. It's in my top 5 of Catholic Singles books on the road to Marriage. I will contact you separately, about an over 40's Ministry.

Also, have you talked about these thoughts with Mary Beth Bonacci?

YOU will be greatly missed from CM. God still has plans for you! We each have a mission in life regardless of our vocation!

Posts 71 - 80 of 99