Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: This whole country is insane. Considering the level of violence in movies and video ga...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

This whole country is insane. Considering the level of violence in movies and video games, it's a wonder that there aren't more mass shootings.

--hide--

180+ people died in Nigeria today.

Wanna take a guess how many people die every day around the globe from "terrorism" alone?

If you think three dead and a few hundred injured is terrible, you truly are blessed.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: A middle ground along the lines of the citizenry informing on each other to the go...
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

A middle ground along the lines of the citizenry informing on each other to the government?

--hide--

You know, that's how it worked in Nazi Germany. Gestapo officers would go into schools and encourage kids to rat out their parents if they said anything against Hitler.

Today I read an article about girls being encouraged to kiss other girls in glass as part of an anti-homosexual-bullying campaign. Without parental consent.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: You know, that's how it worked in Nazi Germany. Gestapo officers would go into schoo...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

You know, that's how it worked in Nazi Germany. Gestapo officers would go into schools and encourage kids to rat out their parents if they said anything against Hitler.

Today I read an article about girls being encouraged to kiss other girls in glass as part of an anti-homosexual-bullying campaign. Without parental consent.

--hide--

Here is the news article on what Naomi mentioned, BTW:

standupforthetruth.com

But this may be part of what we can expect when a government that has never established a church itself becomes one:

www.thecatholicthing.org

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: 180+ people died in Nigeria today. Wanna take a guess how many people die every d...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

180+ people died in Nigeria today.

Wanna take a guess how many people die every day around the globe from "terrorism" alone?

If you think three dead and a few hundred injured is terrible, you truly are blessed.

--hide--

No, the U.S. of A. is truly insulated, and by consequence, its population largely ignorant.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) William-888220 said: Hello Everyone, just thought I put this question out here in light of what happened in Boston t...
(Quote) William-888220 said:

Hello Everyone, just thought I put this question out here in light of what happened in Boston this past week. What can we all do to spot, and locate certain individuals that may pose a threat to us? What type of counter measures can we erected that will enable us to better identify suspected people we believe may do us harm? Are there any classes out there that deal with this topic, if so I think it should be a must have either as requirement for people wanting to pursue a career in law enforcement, or for the average person wanting to better his or her knowledge in this field. Cameras played an important part in identifying the Boston Bombers, and I think every major city ought to invest more moines into installing them in key locations,eg baseball fields, shopping mall, and major city blocks. Anyways, just wanted to see what your thoughts on this are, and how we as nation can better protect ourselves from this new form of terrorism.

--hide--

William, in New York we are all conditioned to the Phrase "If you see something, say something." It is posted in subways,
train stations, and other places. This is all a result of September 11.

Since a lot of the home grown violence is within the Muslim Community, it would be good if anyone reported a change in
a person's faith and they become radical about Islam. Many people noted this change in the older brother when they were
questioned. That is a salient point to watch I would think. I would say that this change in attitude would be a precise
indicator of potential violence. The ACLU would have problems with this type of indicator, but I do not.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: It's a sad commentary on the United States when a New Zealander has to point to our...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

It's a sad commentary on the United States when a New Zealander has to point to our Founding Fathers to tell Americans how far they have fallen.

--hide--

Steven: When I look at my E-Z pass statements and see which roads and bridges I had been on and exactly what time
and day I had been on them, I realize that if I were to commit a crime, I would never get away with it.

I do know that Americans are being tracted to the utmost degree, but that makes me feel safer in the long run.

So far, this tracking has not done much harm. Yet, if America turns into a police state, or something happens that this
information is used for sinister reasons, then I will be alarmed and worried.

As of now, I know that each person is very exposed, no matter where they live or what they do.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: This whole country is insane. Considering the level of violence in movies and video ga...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

This whole country is insane. Considering the level of violence in movies and video games, it's a wonder that there aren't more mass shootings.

--hide--

You got that right, Sean. I think it is called "copy-cat crimes." And we sure have plenty of them.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thanks for your help, Naomi. Although our 4th Amendment reads: "The right of the people to be secure...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thanks for your help, Naomi. Although our 4th Amendment reads: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized", here's video documentation of a house searches on April 19 ("Patriot's Day") in Watertown, MA.

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com
--hide--

Wow Mary, there were a lot of people in that first house.

When the cops do their jobs, as well as the military, they are dealing with volatile situations. These guys are definitely
working in a split second, life or death situation as far as the Boston bombing situation was concerned.

One would not expect them to be polite. Being polite is not how they do their risky jobs anyway. I am sure that I would be terrified if
they knocked on my door and those guns were pointed at me.

I think it was necessary at the time, though.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Here is the news article on what Naomi mentioned, BTW: http://standupforthetruth...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Here is the news article on what Naomi mentioned, BTW:

standupforthetruth.com

But this may be part of what we can expect when a government that has never established a church itself becomes one:

www.thecatholicthing.org

--hide--

Wow, if my daughter were in that school, I would pull her out. That was disgusting.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thank you for starting this discussion. Welcome to Current Events. I'm in agreement with thos...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thank you for starting this discussion. Welcome to Current Events.

I'm in agreement with those who are against trampling further upon the already gravely-compromised intimate privacies of law-abiding American citizens. At the same time the government keeps our border gravely unsecured and compromised so any terrorist can walk right into the USA. Doesn't make any sense, does it! Common sense would dictate monitoring and prohibiting unidentified foreigners and criminals from walking freely into the USA vs. every American citizens' daily movements. Also, it's worth noting that two years ago, the FBI already had red flags regarding Tsarnaev and let him go!

Americans missed the opportunity to make a difference in the voting booth. Many Americans voted for Obama whose mentality regarding terrorism isn't in our best interest. He denies and makes strides to mitigate the evil face of terrorism by reducing it to the term "tragedy". What happened in Boston wasn't a tragedy, it was terrorism! Obama banned the usage of words "Islam", "Jihad", and "Islamic extremism" in documents. Obama caters to and protects the Muslim world. www.foxnews.com I highly recommend the documentary 2016 Obama's America which further expands upon this concern. The map showing the United States of Islam in the Middle East is the most chilling part of the documentary 2016themovie.com

Frank Gaffney, Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security, was on Huckabee and spoke to the issue you raised. He said that we can't defeat an enemy whom we don't know. We need to educate ourselves. This documentary was recommended to be shared. Losing Our Sons - www.youtube.com losingoursons.com
--hide--

Mary: I watched part of Losing Our Sons. It is sad.

Posts 21 - 30 of 53