Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: The Global Entry progam, I think is a bad idea. Not just The Saudi's but the other countries a...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

The Global Entry progam, I think is a bad idea. Not just The Saudi's but the other countries as well. Our own citizens go through much more it seems. Also how many of us have even heard of this? MSM lets a lot slide.
www.foxnews.com

--hide--

"The program allows travelers who have undergone a thorough vetting process -- fingerprinting, background checks, interviews with customs agents, etc.-- to attain a low-risk status that allows them to skip the line at customs and complete their entry process at an automatic kiosk."

Are they serious, if a person goes through fingerprinting, background checks and interviews with customs agents, it
seems to me they have been screened. What is the big issue then? That is not a low-level type of security check. I don't think
half of the people who go through customs without that Global Entry status have to do all three of those things.

My goodness, in America, if you go through customs and they find a fruit in one of your bags, you can be prosecuted.

But we all know that Americans are held to higher standards, as Laura has said.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: Why put it in the hands of the government at all? How about private citizens taking ...
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

Why put it in the hands of the government at all?

How about private citizens taking matters into their own hands?

--hide--

Even if we all had guns, and knew how to use them, I don't think we would be very effective. The men who took control
of the situation from the police and military train to work in a group. That is one thing that our taxes go to pay for.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: "The program allows travelers who have undergone a thorough vetting proce...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

"The program allows travelers who have undergone a thorough vetting process -- fingerprinting, background checks, interviews with customs agents, etc.-- to attain a low-risk status that allows them to skip the line at customs and complete their entry process at an automatic kiosk."

Are they serious, if a person goes through fingerprinting, background checks and interviews with customs agents, it
seems to me they have been screened. What is the big issue then? That is not a low-level type of security check. I don't think
half of the people who go through customs without that Global Entry status have to do all three of those things.

My goodness, in America, if you go through customs and they find a fruit in one of your bags, you can be prosecuted.

But we all know that Americans are held to higher standards, as Laura has said.

--hide--

Of course, not to sound suspicious... but what about people greasing some palms to get the status?

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Of course, not to sound suspicious... but what about people greasing some palms to get...

Of course, not to sound suspicious... but what about people greasing some palms to get the status?

--hide--

Do you think that the Saudi's greased some palms to get the status for their citizens? That must
have been what happened.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Do you think that the Saudi's greased some palms to get the status for their citiz...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Do you think that the Saudi's greased some palms to get the status for their citizens? That must
have been what happened.

--hide--

Could be, but I was alluding to the fact that anyone from any of those countries could get around the checks.
At this point in time I don't feel we should make it easier to get into the country.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Could be, but I was alluding to the fact that anyone from any of those countries could get...

Could be, but I was alluding to the fact that anyone from any of those countries could get around the checks.
At this point in time I don't feel we should make it easier to get into the country.

--hide--

OK, now I understand your point. And Laura, didn't something recently happen where Obama had a Saudi National
deported?

America has to be vigilant. It has to take care of its citizens, and that means us.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Someone addressed this on the radio. The Muslim Community says that it does not condone th...

Someone addressed this on the radio. The Muslim Community says that it does not condone these extremists. So, they need
to stand up within their own community and point out the extremists. I don't think this will ever happen.

--hide--

I love it when I am wrong about this stuff:)! Muslim community tips RCMP about terrorist plot.
www.torontosun.com

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: This whole country is insane. Considering the level of violence in movies and video ga...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

This whole country is insane. Considering the level of violence in movies and video games, it's a wonder that there aren't more mass shootings.

--hide--

Well here's a thought, let's do what Natzi Germany pioneered instead of a Star of David we could opt for range overalls for all muslims! Much easier to spot the back packs! It has to be faced this Religion called Islam is killing people globally. It is toxic and Christians are despised. Often you hear the Crusaders did it cry. Crap, Islam didn't front up for 630 years or so. Bang goes on piece of propaganda. Islam is not an integration religion. As soon as the numbers swing to Islam in a country Sharia Law is demanded. To protect USA residents Islam needs to go home to the Middle East. As Spain had to do when it was in turmoil because of Islam. They reject our Biblical Christ and butcher and place death threats on any one who disagrees with them. Islam is toxic to Christianity and lethal to vocal Christians. I am not advocating harm or violence, only separation of the two for the sake of the World and the next run of Islamic Peace bombs. The Middle East is a pressure cooker ready to blow. The USA doesn't need any more pressure cookers killing US citizens. If any one is offended by what I say or propose let them put their family in the path of the next PEACE-PIECE FILLED pressure cooker! Your rights have been eroded, security has gone mad to accomodate sleeping killers. Islam allows for subdifuge and deception as long as it furthers the spread of Islam. i don.t hear any serious condemnation of these terrorists coming out of the Middle East?! Do you?

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: I love it when I am wrong about this stuff:)! Muslim community tips RCMP about terrorist p...

I love it when I am wrong about this stuff:)! Muslim community tips RCMP about terrorist plot.
www.torontosun.com

--hide--

That's the community in America not the Middle East organizers whom only go Tsk! Tsk! Islam in the Middle East crucified a Christian Coptic man to the doors of the Church because there was a Crucifix on the outside of the building. I worked with the mans nephew in Australia where their family fled.

To get a workable solution citizens in Christian countries need to be safe in actuality as opposed to disingenious reassurance from sleeper terrorist cells. How do they survive undetected and are only uncovered after the loss life and permanent disability. wasn't it a touch silly to deport a man whom now is being implicted as a ring leader. Your own independant press is about to pull the lid off a pot of nasty vipers in Washington.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Well here's a thought, let's do what Natzi Germany pioneered instead of a Star of ...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Well here's a thought, let's do what Natzi Germany pioneered instead of a Star of David we could opt for range overalls for all muslims! Much easier to spot the back packs! It has to be faced this Religion called Islam is killing people globally. It is toxic and Christians are despised. Often you hear the Crusaders did it cry. Crap, Islam didn't front up for 630 years or so. Bang goes on piece of propaganda. Islam is not an integration religion. As soon as the numbers swing to Islam in a country Sharia Law is demanded. To protect USA residents Islam needs to go home to the Middle East. As Spain had to do when it was in turmoil because of Islam. They reject our Biblical Christ and butcher and place death threats on any one who disagrees with them. Islam is toxic to Christianity and lethal to vocal Christians. I am not advocating harm or violence, only separation of the two for the sake of the World and the next run of Islamic Peace bombs. The Middle East is a pressure cooker ready to blow. The USA doesn't need any more pressure cookers killing US citizens. If any one is offended by what I say or propose let them put their family in the path of the next PEACE-PIECE FILLED pressure cooker! Your rights have been eroded, security has gone mad to accomodate sleeping killers. Islam allows for subdifuge and deception as long as it furthers the spread of Islam. i don.t hear any serious condemnation of these terrorists coming out of the Middle East?! Do you?

--hide--

American and British intelligence services have been fomenting Islamic radicalism for decades. One of their most loyal assets is the Saudi royal family, as well as the monarchies of other Gulf States. Islamic radicals are being used to destabilize Russia and other states from North Africa to China. So, who is persecuting Christians? Christians, Muslims and others are being blown away to further the geopolitical aims of the criminal empire that runs the US and much of the West.

Posts 41 - 50 of 53