Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 21st 2013 new

To give the OP the benefit of the doubt that some intelligent discussion and conversation was the objective of initiating the thread, I will say this:

I can’t read the first full article as I don’t have a subscription to that news service. It is difficult to form an intelligent opinion on a half-viewed article, but without other corroboration, all I can say is that the secular media generally has displayed a very poor understanding of the workings of the Vatican and the Catholic faith. My first question would be, if it indeed is Pope Francis’ intention to bring more women into more prominent roles within the Church, why it would be from the laity, and not from female religious orders? Since the passing of the Blessed Mother Teresa, no nuns of her stature have emerged in leadership roles of service, so it may make more sense if Pope Francis were to designate a nun to some post of service rather than a female layperson. And a post of service can be anything in the established order of things that is already designated as appropriate for female religious – I’m not referring to female priests.

While I too am doing some head-scratching as to why the second article has anything to do with the first, I really don’t know what to say about innuendo on the internet. If someone’s application to a university was rejected, they have the right to know why. Spending some time in academia, it is my understanding that one person does not vet university applications – individuals employed by the university may review applications, but a board signs off on it, and an applicant's reference letters are checked. So, some people with personal agendas may have been boasting on the internet that they had more power than they did, or some injustices occurred. Either way, the individual’s spelling was horrible, and I fear for all if people who can’t spell get to decide who gets into university.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: While I too am doing some head-scratching as to why the second article has anything to do with t...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

While I too am doing some head-scratching as to why the second article has anything to do with the first

--hide--
There is no connection.They were meant as seperate stories,because I had previously posted a Story about the Bombers in Spain in the same room just minutes before.I didn't want to post too many threads in a ten minute span. smile

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Pope’s strongman blasts old guard aside
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Pope’s strongman blasts old guard aside

"The pontiff is to give more women top jobs and break the grip of Italian cardinals, his key aide tells John Follain in Vatican City"

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk

Georgetown University, a cover-up?

"FORMER UNIVERSITY STUDENT (Female) WHO TRASHED APPLICATIONS FROM WHITE MALES SUDDENLY DISAPPEARS FROM Georgetown University WEBSITE"

www.avoiceformen.com

--hide--

Neither article makes much sense. I read the full text of the first article and there really isn't much mention about women after the break. It is about reducing the influence of European cardinals in general and Italian cardinals specifically by giving more jobs to those from the developing world since the majority of Catholics are from this region. To be honest, the "giving women more jobs" aspect of the article seemed like lip service and PR.

The second article...well, I read the blog of the woman in question...the quality of writing was horrible and the whole "feminist conservative" thing came across as a liberal pretending to be a conservative in hopes of making conservatives look bad. The blog post that led to the article is almost a year old and the blog hasn't been updated since Aug. 2012. I have the feeling the whole story is as bogus as the "feminist conservative".

Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Pope’s strongman blasts old guard aside...

"The pontiff is to give more women top jobs and break the grip of Italian cardinals, his key aide tells John Follain in Vatican City"

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk

"FORMER UNIVERSITY STUDENT (Female) WHO TRASHED APPLICATIONS FROM WHITE MALES SUDDENLY DISAPPEARS FROM Georgetown University WEBSITE"

www.avoiceformen.com

--hide--

Sorry, Bernard, I usually support most of what you write, but I see not a shred of relevance between these two.

And speaking as a man, I wouldn't waste money on applying to a U.S. based Jesuit school in any case. Maybe there are some good ones out there, I don't know.
Apr 21st 2013 new

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk

www.avoiceformen.com

--hide--
I must admit it does seem like you don't like women much and on a dating site, I find that odd.

Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Pope’s strongman blasts old guard aside...

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk

www.avoiceformen.com

--hide--

Is this woman a graduate student or an 8th grade student? This kind of writing (let's leave aside the spelling errors) looks like something a disgusted middle schooler would write.
Apr 21st 2013 new

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk

www.avoiceformen.com

--hide--

Hi Bernard et alia,

I feel I must step in and defend my distinguished fellow wizard Bernard. I've known Bernard for some time, and I have never known him to exhibit any ill will. This doesn't mean I agree with him on everything, nay, in fact, we probably disagree on more than a few things. My guess is that Bernard may have been trying to save posts (there being a limit imposed by CM on the number of posts per day), and he may have been doing what I sometimes like to do: have a little fun experimenting. The experiment, in this case, was juxtapositioning two situations, one, a good one (posting women in the Vatican to high positions) and a case involving a singularly evil woman who wrecked educational careers by her actions. I suspect that Bernard wanted to see what kind of reaction he would get. I got a pretty good laugh reading all the posts (this will probably make me even more enemies than I already have here).

My question is what's being done about this woman who trashed all those applications? And how did she get such an important position, reviewing applications in the first place? Who was her boss? If I understood the article correctly, she's still a graduate student herself.

Here's a recommendation for this young lady who trashed the applications of mathematics and physics majors who only play chess: Honey, you need to go back to school. Not graduate school, high school. And maybe you can pray to God for a new conscience. Your current one is broken.

Jim ☺

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: John,Ed,and Paul.Get a life.You guys are like a pack of wild dogs waiting to tear someone apart

John,Ed,and Paul.Get a life.You guys are like a pack of wild dogs waiting to tear someone apart

--hide--

How ironic. You are more than willing to do that to Pope Francis, but when someone dares to call you on it you get all huffy.

Apr 21st 2013 new
I heard that Joan Baez is up for the top position(not sure just a rumor)
Apr 21st 2013 new

I was thinking the same thing.

Ed

Posts 21 - 30 of 67