Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: "The pontiff is to give more women top jobs..."
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

"The pontiff is to give more women top jobs..."

--hide--

Awesome move by the Pope. Good to see this. I have also been very glad to see female EMEs as well as female Altar Servers at Mass on Sundays.

On another note, it is nice to see that the Pope washed the feet of so many people this past month, including the feet of a woman, as well as celebrating Mass with convicts and prostitutes. Also think its very positive that he has stopped processions in order to embrace the disabled. I think it is a positive sign for our church. I think Pope Francis may be as influential as JP2 from what I'm seeing. The right person at the right time in our Church's history.

So glad we did not end up with a misogynistic "pomp and circumstance" type to lead our church.... Simple wooden crucifix, simple white cassock. Especially in a time when there are so many in this world who go hungry, and suffer.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: "... DISAPPEARS FROM Georgetown University WEBSITE"

"... DISAPPEARS FROM Georgetown University WEBSITE"

--hide--

Hope it means that Georgetown has removed this person from steering any further resumes or being involved with any hiring descisions at Georgetown. The website you linked to "A voice for men" had some pretty lame banners near the top relative to the topic of women. Not what I would ever use to reference as a source, but that's just me...

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Bernard, You could have avoided the ENTIRE situation if you had simply and strongly stated...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Bernard,

You could have avoided the ENTIRE situation if you had simply and strongly stated (after the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th post in this thread) that you did not intend and are not implying that there is any connection between the two stories. You did not. Instead, you let the thread string out for a long time and for many responses before saying that the two stories were not connected. It seems to me that it is rather weak for you to cry foul now.

I will accept your explanation that you intended no connection between the two stories. Perhaps next time be clear, if you don't want to be misunderstood. Really... what did you expect was going to happen when you placed your original post on this thread (with those two stories together)?

On to the next thread.

Ed

--hide--

Hi Ed et alia,

Ed, I can relate to your frustration. I've sometimes had the same sensation when battling other wizards here. But take a look at my post below; hopefully that might explain things.

James ☺

Apr 22nd 2013 new

[quote]ED-20630 said:

Bernard,

You wrote.... "Who says that one story has anything to do with another."

What a cop-out. If the two stories were unrelated, then why were they in the same thread. If the two stories were unrelated, then don't you have an obligation to point that out in your original post?

Your responses thus-far remind me of this "The Far Side"... "Boneless Chicken Ranch" cartoon.

>>> www.madedition.com

Ed

Ed, Ed!!! Tsk Tsk Tsk!! I,

I"m only away a short time and there you are, "Personal Attacking!" I see youir little backup hasn't accused you of trawling or ranting Ad Hominem. When we have our own little way we crawl back to old tactics using tired open handed innocent antics. If you are going to throw hypocrisy around be sure you have covered the tag teams tracks better. You made a pious hand ringing plea on the receiving end, which was a not bad impersonation of integrity. Which, I might say you have sent integrity to intensive care. Please no plaintiff pleas about pickin' on poor little me. Bernard had an opinion! Quick get the Modernist filled fire hose and abuse and abuse and abuse and then icing on the cake,"Boneless Chicken Ranch" laughing laughing you've lowered name calling down to pre school sand pit level. Have a nice day Ed. Try to remember what you say and write any problem with that, Johnny will be able to tell what any one has said or is about to say and if you are a good boy he will tell you in non liturgical Latin. (Retrospective ides of March, Little Caesar has come home for the Salad) Et te and all that Jazz. Naughty no complaints you were the one that dumped the verbal bucket of do do's on Bernard. I now know what skills tou have for Ecumenical Reconcilliation. Oh my! Did you step in something, never mind someone will be around with a pooper scooper later to take your argument back to the sewer of life. hissyfit Ad Hominem! Ad Hominem! Polly wants a cracker!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: Awesome move by the Pope. Good to see this. I have also been very glad to see female EMEs as...
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

Awesome move by the Pope. Good to see this. I have also been very glad to see female EMEs as well as female Altar Servers at Mass on Sundays.

On another note, it is nice to see that the Pope washed the feet of so many people this past month, including the feet of a woman, as well as celebrating Mass with convicts and prostitutes. Also think its very positive that he has stopped processions in order to embrace the disabled. I think it is a positive sign for our church. I think Pope Francis may be as influential as JP2 from what I'm seeing. The right person at the right time in our Church's history.

So glad we did not end up with a misogynistic "pomp and circumstance" type to lead our church.... Simple wooden crucifix, simple white cassock. Especially in a time when there are so many in this world who go hungry, and suffer.

--hide--

The posessions held in the Vatican are a collection on the whole of gifts from, Kings, Princes, Emperors and the list goes on. The donations are along the lines of a ciborium encrusted with gems and made of gold. Gods request and a Church law that the Body of Christ is to be reverenced in an appropriate vessel and Tabernacle. I don't know why everyone jumps on the Church to sell off everything. Well as you are a member of these Greedy Horders "The Catholic Church" we will put your house up for auction and all the other little nick nacks. A hessian bag with a head whole cut out would do nicely. Don't point the finger at the Church or previous Popes. You have a Church now because of their dedication to Christ. You want to jump up and down for some help for the poor? Tell your deaf president to stop printing money for silly trips to outer space and to stop the silly petrol grabbing wars. Then if every country did the same, Guess what??????? No poverty! We can help every one!! Another little detail the Vatican Library, accessible via the internet, has been made available online. Please don't think God will support your generous offer of what nobody owns. He won't. Go to the Bible and see what the Ark of the Covenant was made of and then make a Build the Temple Shopping List. God is Creator Almighty and shouldn't be housed in Tuppa Ware. By the way the grab the jewels and gold act has already been done by one "Henry (Hand me the axe) V111. Not one flake of gold went to the poor. Instead of grumbling about the Church, and here I am referring to us People and Infrastructer, just in case a Tin Plated Corn Flakes Theologian puts their 5 cents in, is not just about us but every Catholic in the WORLD. So feel free to arm your militia. Obamas good for some ammo and Light Armoured Vehicles, I got that right John. NOT TANKS. You can raid all their treasuries before they start a war and all will be well.

Good Night God Bless and here's to World Conquest!! The Swiss Guards have a few spears and uniforms you can have. The pointy Sticks will be good for roasting marshmallows!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: The posessions held in the Vatican are a collection on the whole of gifts from, Kings, Pri...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

The posessions held in the Vatican are a collection on the whole of gifts from, Kings, Princes, Emperors and the list goes on. The donations are along the lines of a ciborium encrusted with gems and made of gold. Gods request and a Church law that the Body of Christ is to be reverenced in an appropriate vessel and Tabernacle. I don't know why everyone jumps on the Church to sell off everything. Well as you are a member of these Greedy Horders "The Catholic Church" we will put your house up for auction and all the other little nick nacks. A hessian bag with a head whole cut out would do nicely. Don't point the finger at the Church or previous Popes. You have a Church now because of their dedication to Christ. You want to jump up and down for some help for the poor? Tell your deaf president to stop printing money for silly trips to outer space and to stop the silly petrol grabbing wars. Then if every country did the same, Guess what??????? No poverty! We can help every one!! Another little detail the Vatican Library, accessible via the internet, has been made available online. Please don't think God will support your generous offer of what nobody owns. He won't. Go to the Bible and see what the Ark of the Covenant was made of and then make a Build the Temple Shopping List. God is Creator Almighty and shouldn't be housed in Tuppa Ware. By the way the grab the jewels and gold act has already been done by one "Henry (Hand me the axe) V111. Not one flake of gold went to the poor. Instead of grumbling about the Church, and here I am referring to us People and Infrastructer, just in case a Tin Plated Corn Flakes Theologian puts their 5 cents in, is not just about us but every Catholic in the WORLD. So feel free to arm your militia. Obamas good for some ammo and Light Armoured Vehicles, I got that right John. NOT TANKS. You can raid all their treasuries before they start a war and all will be well.

Good Night God Bless and here's to World Conquest!! The Swiss Guards have a few spears and uniforms you can have. The pointy Sticks will be good for roasting marshmallows!

--hide--
laughing laughing laughingI am glad you made the distinction about the Light Armoured Vehicles Con.Otherwise you would have been in big trouble!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I am glad you made the distinction about the Light Armoured Vehicles Con.Otherwise you would have...

I am glad you made the distinction about the Light Armoured Vehicles Con.Otherwise you would have been in big trouble!

--hide--

DON"T MENTION THE WAR!!!! I think I got away with it??!!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: (Quote) ED-20630 said: Bernard, You wrote.... "Who s...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

[quote]ED-20630 said:

Bernard,

You wrote.... "Who says that one story has anything to do with another."

What a cop-out. If the two stories were unrelated, then why were they in the same thread. If the two stories were unrelated, then don't you have an obligation to point that out in your original post?

Your responses thus-far remind me of this "The Far Side"... "Boneless Chicken Ranch" cartoon.

>>> www.madedition.com

Ed

Ed, Ed!!! Tsk Tsk Tsk!! I,

I"m only away a short time and there you are, "Personal Attacking!" I see youir little backup hasn't accused you of trawling or ranting Ad Hominem. When we have our own little way we crawl back to old tactics using tired open handed innocent antics. If you are going to throw hypocrisy around be sure you have covered the tag teams tracks better. You made a pious hand ringing plea on the receiving end, which was a not bad impersonation of integrity. Which, I might say you have sent integrity to intensive care. Please no plaintiff pleas about pickin' on poor little me. Bernard had an opinion! Quick get the Modernist filled fire hose and abuse and abuse and abuse and then icing on the cake,"Boneless Chicken Ranch" you've lowered name calling down to pre school sand pit level. Have a nice day Ed. Try to remember what you say and write any problem with that, Johnny will be able to tell what any one has said or is about to say and if you are a good boy he will tell you in non liturgical Latin. (Retrospective ides of March, Little Caesar has come home for the Salad) Et te and all that Jazz. Naughty no complaints you were the one that dumped the verbal bucket of do do's on Bernard. I now know what skills tou have for Ecumenical Reconcilliation. Oh my! Did you step in something, never mind someone will be around with a pooper scooper later to take your argument back to the sewer of life. Ad Hominem! Ad Hominem! Polly wants a cracker!

--hide--
Actually,I do only eat boneless Chicken Breast. Chicken??? www.youtube.com

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I am glad you made the distinction about the Ligh...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

I am glad you made the distinction about the Light Armoured Vehicles Con.Otherwise you would have been in big trouble!

DON"T MENTION THE WAR!!!! I think I got away with it??!!

--hide--
www.youtube.com

Apr 22nd 2013 new

A thought for the concerned whom have interpreted Bernards statement as a slight on women. Try this view, the Church is in damage control because of sloppy and at times malevolent intent to place people in seminaries and religious houses that were sexually unstable. So we get on our rocking horse and ride into "The Land of Now!" Considering all the scandals and the need to be "seen" doing the right thing, bing in the Nuns from orders like the Benedictines, Cistercians, Sisters of Divine Mercy and so on. That would me an atmosphere conducive to God's gentle steering voice the Holy Spirit. It is these crisis times that need handling carefully. people are ready to pounce on anything Catholic. It might come as a surprise but Ortodox, middle of the road Catholics are despised. You should read some of the posts against Catholics on You Tube and the Internet generally. You Tube only act for Rainbow Connection powder puffed and pandered to Gay Frogs, For Different Coloured Leaves!!!! Warning the Surgeon General Warns that kissing Rainbow Coloured Frogs might be habit forming and lead to inappropriate relationships between Rainbow Frogs and Human kind!! Oh! NO! Mr Obama will have to pass another meaningless bill for the rights of Rainbow Frogs to be married in a Pond er Church! Equality for Tadmans or PoleFro's, whatever!

I would say seeing is believing, lets put the Religious back into frontline Church visability. Our religious women are very dedicated appropriately educated and with a bit of luck there should be no claims for maternity leave. Small steps with thought as opposed to Hob Nailed V8 supercharged boots running over the fragile crystal. The Punters who put in each Sunday to keep the boat afloat. Food for thought and thoughtfulness for our dedicated Religious consecrated Brides of Christ. I hope that makes the position clearer. No anti female rhetoric here, just a deeper accent and a show of respect for these women who have given everything and own nothing.

DO I Hear AMEN, Brothers and Sisters!!! Once more!! AMEN!!!!! (Some have suggested A WoMen! )

Posts 41 - 50 of 67