Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 22nd 2013 new

I will eat anything that someone else has cooked.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

I love throwing veggies in a skillet and sauteeing in cocunut oil and red wine...then, dependent on the seasonings, I will make them into a cream sauce for pasta, a white sauce to go over eggs, or just eat the darn things plain!

Usually I'll use mushrooms (portobella, cremini, and button), onions (red, videllia, spring), celery, and whatever else happens to be in my fridge...currently asparagus, potatos, turnip (love those!), chives and such like. mmm mmm good! lil mikie party stir the pot! Its getting cold!

Now, desert is a whole other story...and while I try to eat healthy, brownie mix with coconut oil, coconut shavings, and milk chocolate chips is a fantastic desert served raw. If I can't have that...just chocolate chips on a spoon full of peanut butter. =)

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I will eat anything that someone else has cooked.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I will eat anything that someone else has cooked.

--hide--

Yes ma'am!!!! That's usually where I get all my best recipes!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I just finished making a veggies with onions, mushroom, yellow squash with Italian seasons. ...
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

I just finished making a veggies with onions, mushroom, yellow squash with Italian seasons. It is so good and tomorrow I will add some eggs for breakfast.

--hide--
The best thing I make is a reservation.

As far as eating, I enjoy nearly anything that anyone else prepares.

Cooking isn't a strong point, although I do earn some spare cash by selling my homemade biscuits to hockey teams... rolling eyes laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Marge stole my post biggrin

Actually, I love to cook and one of my favorite dishes is Italian sausage, onions, peppers, and potatoes with olive oil. I also appreciate a man that knows his way around the kitchen Chef

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Naomi,

I never would have thought of veggies with coconut oil and red wine... I'll have to give that a try.

Pam

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Pam-940031 said: Marge stole my post Actually, I love to cook and one of my favorite dishes is Italian sausag...
(Quote) Pam-940031 said:

Marge stole my post

Actually, I love to cook and one of my favorite dishes is Italian sausage, onions, peppers, and potatoes with olive oil. I also appreciate a man that knows his way around the kitchen

--hide--
Well, Pam -- I certainly know my way around the kitchen. It's being in it where I get lost.... laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I love throwing veggies in a skillet and sauteeing in cocunut oil and red wine...then, dependent ...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I love throwing veggies in a skillet and sauteeing in cocunut oil and red wine...then, dependent on the seasonings, I will make them into a cream sauce for pasta, a white sauce to go over eggs, or just eat the darn things plain!

Usually I'll use mushrooms (portobella, cremini, and button), onions (red, videllia, spring), celery, and whatever else happens to be in my fridge...currently asparagus, potatos, turnip (love those!), chives and such like. mmm mmm good!

Now, desert is a whole other story...and while I try to eat healthy, brownie mix with coconut oil, coconut shavings, and milk chocolate chips is a fantastic desert served raw. If I can't have that...just chocolate chips on a spoon full of peanut butter. =)

--hide--

Naomi-- your cooking sounds like mine!! biggrin biggrin Spring veggies are the best to use, in my opinion! LOL I just finished lunch and after reading your post... I'm hungry again! wink rolling eyes hyper hyper

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Now, desert is a whole other story...and while I try to eat healthy, brownie mix with coconut oil...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

--hide--

Dessert.....yum! Haha I think the best brownies, etc are best from the bowl too.. wink Great minds think alike!hug highfive

Speaking of... I made PB Brownies with Ghirardeli Choco chips for dessert last night! YUM! tongue

Apr 22nd 2013 new

I like to make flavorful vegetable dishes, mostly, although I'm not vegetarian. Meat is just expensive. Also I guess eating more vegetables might be my one real "hippy" moment xmastree - it costs the earth much less to produce them than an animal. I use lots of spices or herbs, and tons of garlic and onions. And I don't do light cooking: if the dish needs butter, it gets butter! No 1% milk in this house or fat-free anything. Trying to stay away from sugar now, too, though I love baking cookies cookie embarassed

I also love a good soup stir the pot! Its getting cold! Been meaning to try pumpkin soup (with pumpkin from a can) for a while - does anybody know a good recipe for that?

Posts 11 - 20 of 59