Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I just finished making a veggies with onions, mushroom, yellow squash with Italian seasons. ...
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

I just finished making a veggies with onions, mushroom, yellow squash with Italian seasons. It is so good and tomorrow I will add some eggs for breakfast.

--hide--

I love to cook Bernadette but I hate cooking for just me, so most evenings I have a bowl of soup or a sandwich :-(. I love making stews, roasts, with all the vegetables and then some. I especially love to make Italian food and those are always my special event foods. I love Indian food and I would really really like to learn how to cook some dishes. I love to experiment with food. Pete was a good eater and adventurous about food so it was always fun to cook for him and our kids are really good about trying everything. But, being alone makes it rather laborious and unfun.

I do cook a family dinner on Sundays and a few Sunday's back I tried a pork loin with an apricot glaze. There were dozens of recipes so I sort of comined them all and it turned out soooo good, not as sweet as a pineapple glaze but it really complimented the pork.

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: If I can't have that...just chocolate chips on a spoon full of peanut butter. =)
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: If I can't have that...just chocolate chips on a spoon full of peanut butter. =)

--hide--

My kind of recipe! Sounds a little complicated but I will try it. If you use a plastic spoon you don't have to wash anything.

Apr 22 new
I love to cook, but not usually when it is only me. I l cook and eat almost everything. My specialty is lasagna with homemade noodles and homemade bread. I really want to learn to cook Greek and Indian and make more Mexican dishes from scratch. Baking is a pleasure and I enjoy making some types of cheeses. My pie crust needs improving so that is another goal for someday.
Apr 22 new

I like to cook and bake, but like most of us, not for myself. Had friends in for Easter weekend, and loved it because I tried out some new recipies (fish tacos and red cabbage and jicama slaw) and reinvented an old standby (beef and potatoes and roasted asparagus).

So tonight simple, burger and chips (really need to get a gas grill hooked up to the gas line)

7 layer bars for desert is always a good one too, but Naomi may not want to make it with the condensed milk needed rolling eyes wave

Apr 23 new

I love to cook and bake, but not for myself. I like to try new things. When my kids come for dinner the first thing Morgs asks is whats for desert.
I make a lot of pies, tapioca pudding, crem brulee but in the summer months when the good fruit is in season I do a lot with strawberries, peaches and melons. I cook on the grill all year long. I like to do fish or chicken on the grill then make a mango or fresh pineapple salsa to go with it. The only way I like asparagus is cooked on the grill with a little olive oil, kosher salt and Parmesan. I have a very good recipe for a teriyaki marinade that is good for beef, pork or chicken (another family favorite).

Apr 23 new

I love cooking indian curries, stirfrys, Italian pasta sauces and soups. Today we had some lovely pumpkin soup from the organically grown pumpkins in my veggie patch.

I also like making finger foods for entree.

I love to eat seafood.

stir the pot! Its getting cold!

Apr 23 new

Oh, I forgot, I love eating poached eggs on toast with baked beans and mushrooms -yum

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Theresa-293203 said: I made Rabbit Stew for supper tonight!! It was awesome! (potatoes, carrots,...
(Quote) Theresa-293203 said:

I made Rabbit Stew for supper tonight!! It was awesome!

(potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, garlic.... oh, yeah. And rabbit. Home raised.) (Thanks Dad, for the recipe!)

--hide--

Why do they say a rabbits foot is lucky? I bet the rabbit would have a different interpretation of what warranted being called lucky!! Now a rabbit on a pogo stick making a get away! That's what I call lucky!! Losing a foot is only gonna make the little critter hopping mad!! stir the pot! Its getting cold! hissyfit tombstone Put me kangaroo down sport!

Apr 23 new

I love to bake, cook, and have fun in the kitchen and I have been making meals, breads, treats since I was in 2nd grade and my mom went back to college leaving my siblings and I in charge of the meals, laundry, and cleaning. I love eating something someone else has made me for a break, but I also get antsy if I don't get to be creating something delicious after a while!

Apr 23 new

OK Thrill seekers,

fasten your seat belts as Australian chefs dazzle you with Aussie know how and ingenuity. Now I come to think of it, there is also "engineuity!" It goes like this, "If you run over it, don't waste it!!" It goes by the name "Road Kill a la carte!!" OK! Now stay with me on this! You stop the 4WD and pick up the casualty and examine for signs of life, brush off the gravely bits and tie said road kill to the exhaust muffler, if your about ten minutes from home. Greater distance of around an hour, place the afore mentioned road kill on the engine block and cover with a hub cap, close bonnet and drive cross country like a Tehran taxi driver! This tenderizes the meat and buy the time you pull into your drive way the meat will have separated into handy serving portions. As most our critters are grass grazers there's no need for side salad! Take the hub cap containing tonights prize straight to the table and serve immediately. If you are particularly lucky and have scored an Echidna the quills make wonderful tooth picks!

Now don't be bashful share with us Aussies some good ol' USA Critter Recpies! Australian Flag New Zealand United States Flag stir the pot! Its getting cold! tombstone Turkey!

Posts 21 - 30 of 59