Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 23rd 2013 new

I love spaghetti with homemade sauce from ingredients from the garden.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

I love to cook EVERYTHING!!!!! I hope the guy I've been speaking to from CM likes to eat lol.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I love to cook Bernadette but I hate cooking for just me, so most evenings I have a bow...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I love to cook Bernadette but I hate cooking for just me, so most evenings I have a bowl of soup or a sandwich :-(. I love making stews, roasts, with all the vegetables and then some. I especially love to make Italian food and those are always my special event foods. I love Indian food and I would really really like to learn how to cook some dishes. I love to experiment with food. Pete was a good eater and adventurous about food so it was always fun to cook for him and our kids are really good about trying everything. But, being alone makes it rather laborious and unfun.

I do cook a family dinner on Sundays and a few Sunday's back I tried a pork loin with an apricot glaze. There were dozens of recipes so I sort of comined them all and it turned out soooo good, not as sweet as a pineapple glaze but it really complimented the pork.

--hide--

I only cook for myself because that's the only way I get to eat good food lol Indian is so good! And the two or three recipes I've made have been pretty easy.

Lauren, the pork loin sounds wonderful! I never would have thought of an apricot glaze. Mmm....

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: I only cook for myself because that's the only way I get to eat good food lol I...
(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said:

I only cook for myself because that's the only way I get to eat good food lol Indian is so good! And the two or three recipes I've made have been pretty easy.

Lauren, the pork loin sounds wonderful! I never would have thought of an apricot glaze. Mmm....

--hide--

Hi Bernadette,

Please share your Indian recipes. And, the apricot glaze was really good I even used it on the ham I made for Easter and it was a big hit. I didn't tell anyone I had switched it up before hand, because my brother's are well at least two of them are exceptionally unadventurous about food and so are their kiddos lol. I have to sneak things in on them LOL.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

You know what, we need a new forum where we can share recipes and cooking/baking tips, especially cooking for one. . .or a board or something?

Apr 23rd 2013 new

Sure, Lauren, here's what I've tried so far:

Indian Tomato Chicken - allrecipes.com

(not Indian!) Aush - Afghani Chili - allrecipes.com

And do you know what, I think that's it. I downloaded another recipe, but haven't made it yet. embarassed Both of those recipes take some time, but most of the time they take is just simmering, you barely have to do any work. And they're both really tasty. Though I do go heavy on the spices shhh

Apr 23rd 2013 new

Did you happen to make notes when you made that glaze?

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: You know what, we need a new forum where we can share recipes and cooking/baking tips, especiall...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

You know what, we need a new forum where we can share recipes and cooking/baking tips, especially cooking for one. . .or a board or something?

--hide--

Hmm.. why not? Could be under the patronage of St. Martha, right?

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: Did you happen to make notes when you made that glaze?
(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said:

Did you happen to make notes when you made that glaze?

--hide--

I did I'll send it to you. :-)

Apr 23rd 2013 new

Awesome, thanks :)

Posts 31 - 40 of 59