Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: Hmm.. why not? Could be under the patronage of St. Martha, right?
(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said:

Hmm.. why not? Could be under the patronage of St. Martha, right?

--hide--

That would be the perfect patroness for that forum :-)

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: Awesome, thanks :)

Awesome, thanks :)

--hide--

A jar of apricot preserves (or how ever many you think you might need)

Olive Oil

apple cider vinegar and/or cooking sherry and/or some orange juice (I used all three lol)

minced onion

salt and pepper

Worcesthershire sauce

Spicy Brown Mustard

Dijon Mustard

I am going to sound like my aunt now teaching me how to cook lol. Take the preserves and put them in a sauce pan, add in maybe a quarter cup of the cider/juice and maybe a an eighth of a cup of olive oil. Then add a little minced onion some sprinkles of salt and pepper, maybe three splashes of Worcestershire sauce, and a big squirt of each mustard. Heat and mix until it is melted and smooth (well except for the apricot pieces :-)). If you need to add a little more liquid do that, but be sparing on the other flavors so they don't overwhelm the apricots. Then just pour and brush over the eat after its been cooking for a bit, towards the end. Don't forget to taste as you are going to see if you want to add anything else or a little more of something.

Remember I combined a few recipes but a regular recipe is below.

www.marthastewart.com

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: A jar of apricot preserves (or how ever many you think you might need) Olive Oil...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

A jar of apricot preserves (or how ever many you think you might need)

Olive Oil

apple cider vinegar and/or cooking sherry and/or some orange juice (I used all three lol)

minced onion

salt and pepper

Worcesthershire sauce

Spicy Brown Mustard

Dijon Mustard

I am going to sound like my aunt now teaching me how to cook lol. Take the preserves and put them in a sauce pan, add in maybe a quarter cup of the cider/juice and maybe a an eighth of a cup of olive oil. Then add a little minced onion some sprinkles of salt and pepper, maybe three splashes of Worcestershire sauce, and a big squirt of each mustard. Heat and mix until it is melted and smooth (well except for the apricot pieces :-)). If you need to add a little more liquid do that, but be sparing on the other flavors so they don't overwhelm the apricots. Then just pour and brush over the eat after its been cooking for a bit, towards the end. Don't forget to taste as you are going to see if you want to add anything else or a little more of something.

Remember I combined a few recipes but a regular recipe is below.

www.marthastewart.com

--hide--

Oh man that's making my mouth water ...and I'm not even hungry! laughing I've got it copied onto my computer to try one of these days, aunt-like instructions and all wink Thanks!!

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I just finished making a veggies with onions, mushroom, yellow squash with Italian seasons. ...
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

I just finished making a veggies with onions, mushroom, yellow squash with Italian seasons. It is so good and tomorrow I will add some eggs for breakfast.

--hide--

I eats what I cook and I cooks what I eat, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man!!

Apr 23 new
Thanks for all the ideas...like the Ausi road kill...lol. Keep you ideas coming...thanks.
Apr 23 new

I cook 6 nights a week for my mother and myself. I cook lots of veggie dishes, big salads with cherry tomatoes, avocado, a hard boiled egg and a great

spicy, creamy sald dressing I make from scratch. Some of my specialties are; homemade bisquits...I am a bread fiend, because I never eat it, except

maybe on Saturdays (my cheat days :) lasagna, an awesome lemon loaf , brownies with chocolate chips in them so they are nice and gooey. I also love

to make a roast chicken surrounded with veggies like potatoes, carrots and onions. And I love poached eggs onrye toast!! Bon Appetito!!!

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: I cook 6 nights a week for my mother and myself. I cook lots of veggie dishes, big salads wit...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

I cook 6 nights a week for my mother and myself. I cook lots of veggie dishes, big salads with cherry tomatoes, avocado, a hard boiled egg and a great

spicy, creamy sald dressing I make from scratch. Some of my specialties are; homemade bisquits...I am a bread fiend, because I never eat it, except

maybe on Saturdays (my cheat days :) lasagna, an awesome lemon loaf , brownies with chocolate chips in them so they are nice and gooey. I also love

to make a roast chicken surrounded with veggies like potatoes, carrots and onions. And I love poached eggs onrye toast!! Bon Appetito!!!

--hide--

Yum Elizabeth can I come have dinner with you guys?? Can you share your salad dressing recipe? I am always looking for different dressings.

Apr 23 new

I was inspired to cook tonight. I made spaghetti with Italian seasoned vegetables. Was pretty good :-)

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: Oh man that's making my mouth water ...and I'm not even hungry! I've go...

Oh man that's making my mouth water ...and I'm not even hungry! I've got it copied onto my computer to try one of these days, aunt-like instructions and all Thanks!!

--hide--

Bernadette you'll have to let me know when you make it and I'll let you know when I make the Indian dishes :-)

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I was inspired to cook tonight. I made spaghetti with Italian seasoned vegetables. Was pretty go...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I was inspired to cook tonight. I made spaghetti with Italian seasoned vegetables. Was pretty good :-)

--hide--

I made paula deen's low fat banana pudding tonight. I used 1/2 of the sugar called for and omitted the white chips and the whipped cream, and it still

came out sweet. really sweet.

of course, I had steak with potatoes and carrots as my main meal.

Posts 41 - 50 of 59