Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Apr 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: (Quote) Meg-920823 said: I generally enjoy doing things by myself unless I think abo...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

[quote]Meg-920823 said:

I generally enjoy doing things by myself unless I think about the potential of having a loved one with me... [quote]

I agree - although my profile temperament thing says I'm super outgoing and friendly, it's really only in groups where I have a certain comfort level already - or at least one perceived! I'm not one to initiate much, especially one-on-one. I'm more of the "organize a group of fellow interested persons" type, and then I belong!

Yeah. Not gonna think about it too much. But I've posted some options for gatherings among the Sacramento crowd under Member Meet-Ups in an effort to get a group going. (...see what I mean? )

--hide--
Caroline-I do the exact same thing. I have always enjoyed setting up business networking groups and groups of friends to do things but I am finding more and more, I need less and less of that. By myself is good, with the social interaction in between. Eventually though I hope much of the 'by myself' will include someone who is like a kindred spirit...a best friend...a spouse. We'll see what God has in mind....
Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: Hello fellow divorced or annulled brothers and sisters. I went to a special event at our paris...

Hello fellow divorced or annulled brothers and sisters. I went to a special event at our parish tonight - praise and worship, speaker, adoration. I was reminded how lonely it can be to have a wonderful spiritual encounter with the Lord, but yet not to be able to reach out and hold hands with a special someone who also shares that encounter. I find myself sad when I see happy couples together in mass, or parents with children at mass who have the luxury of being able to tag-team it with the cranky ones. Balancing housework, homework, car repair, job stress, school meetings, etc. is just NOT meant to be done alone.

Looking for tips to battle the lonely times and stay hopeful in God's plan for us. God bless you!

--hide--

[quote]

Hi, Caroline! Just want to cheer you up with this....

"If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.

He sends you flowers every spring. He sends you a sunrise every morning. Face it, friend - He is crazy about you!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

theheart hug Praying

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: MIchael, I can't believe how many there are...every interest under the sun...or one can start ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

MIchael, I can't believe how many there are...every interest under the sun...or one can start one. Maybe you could start one for those with your schedule....Seriously,,,,one never knows.
--hide--

Meg - that's a great idea - Michael isn't alone there are tons of shift workers - Go for it Michael!!!

Susie

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: Hello fellow divorced or annulled brothers and sisters. I went to a special event at our paris...

Hello fellow divorced or annulled brothers and sisters. I went to a special event at our parish tonight - praise and worship, speaker, adoration. I was reminded how lonely it can be to have a wonderful spiritual encounter with the Lord, but yet not to be able to reach out and hold hands with a special someone who also shares that encounter. I find myself sad when I see happy couples together in mass, or parents with children at mass who have the luxury of being able to tag-team it with the cranky ones. Balancing housework, homework, car repair, job stress, school meetings, etc. is just NOT meant to be done alone.

Looking for tips to battle the lonely times and stay hopeful in God's plan for us. God bless you!

--hide--

Caroline,

I think every divorced person feels that loss at one time or another. I found with time the loss I felt wasn't so much for me but the loss I felt for my son - I hurt knowing we couldn't sit in church together as a "family" - that he "lost" that family unit. My sister and I are very close and she told me I should "redefine family" for now to help lessen the feelings. I can get the tasks and monotonous aspects of life done solo but it's those special moments that really hit home - those rare moments when it would mean so much more to be shared. There's no magic wand to wave it away - time, prayer, patience and trying to decipher and follow the path God has for you are the best I can suggest! :)

Apr 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Caroline, I think every divorced person feels ...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said:

Caroline,

I think every divorced person feels that loss at one time or another. I found with time the loss I felt wasn't so much for me but the loss I felt for my son - I hurt knowing we couldn't sit in church together as a "family" - that he "lost" that family unit. My sister and I are very close and she told me I should "redefine family" for now to help lessen the feelings. I can get the tasks and monotonous aspects of life done solo but it's those special moments that really hit home - those rare moments when it would mean so much more to be shared. There's no magic wand to wave it away - time, prayer, patience and trying to decipher and follow the path God has for you are the best I can suggest! :)

--hide--

Yes, I especially feel for the children of divorce, whether young, teenage, or grown. My grown children took it very hard.
Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Yes, I especially feel for the children of divorce, whether young, teenage, or grown. My grown chi...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Yes, I especially feel for the children of divorce, whether young, teenage, or grown. My grown children took it very hard.
--hide--

I, too, feel so badly for any child of divorce because it is confusing for them. But of all the age groups, I agree that grown children really don't know what to make of this new situation! They more than likely have exerienced a fairly long home life with 2 seemingly happy parents, then all of a sudden, everything just blows up! Mom is crying all the time; dad is with someone new OR vice versa. sad irked sorry sorry surprised wide eyed Just not easy for anyone!

Apr 24th 2013 new

Mich- I was married for 40 years and lost one of my daughters, to suddenly just start living alone, divorce is like a death in the family one just has to believe that you are not alone and god will not abandon you. You just have to trust in him and believe, he will talk to you and show you the way. It has been hard. Nights of crying, forceing my self trying to stay away from depression medication because of the sideeffects of the meds. My daughter left when she had her baby a month later, she had just had an angel a year before. These angels were the ones that litterly made me make a decision of becoming stronger and believe that he is with me and all my family. Just now after 7 years of all this loss i am able to see the light with the grace of god. His blessings are all around me and i have handed everthing to him. My refuge is the blessed sacrament and when possible daily mass. Most of all confession and forgiveness. Just belive he does wonders trust me.
Mary

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-961675 said: Mich- I was married for 40 years and lost one of my daughters, to suddenly just start living alone...
(Quote) Mary-961675 said:

Mich- I was married for 40 years and lost one of my daughters, to suddenly just start living alone, divorce is like a death in the family one just has to believe that you are not alone and god will not abandon you. You just have to trust in him and believe, he will talk to you and show you the way. It has been hard. Nights of crying, forceing my self trying to stay away from depression medication because of the sideeffects of the meds. My daughter left when she had her baby a month later, she had just had an angel a year before. These angels were the ones that litterly made me make a decision of becoming stronger and believe that he is with me and all my family. Just now after 7 years of all this loss i am able to see the light with the grace of god. His blessings are all around me and i have handed everthing to him. My refuge is the blessed sacrament and when possible daily mass. Most of all confession and forgiveness. Just belive he does wonders trust me.
Mary

--hide--

Welcome to the forums Mary... Praying hug Praying

Hope you post often. It's a great bunch of people here... rose

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: but the loss I felt for my son - I hurt knowing we couldn't sit in church together as a "...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said:

but the loss I felt for my son - I hurt knowing we couldn't sit in church together as a "family"

--hide--

Agreed - my 5 year old daughter keeps bringing up dad and me and marriage, like it's going to happen still. She has it all backwards, and I sat her down the other day to give her the $.01 version, and she cried terribly. She was only 5 months old when I left him, and has never known what it's like to live with two married parents. I pray to God that she eventually gets to experience that with a stepfather who is a God-fearing man.

Apr 25th 2013 new

scratchchin Where can I get this video? I am experiencing the pain right now

Posts 21 - 30 of 52