Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Apr 25th 2013 new
I can sympathize. I dont have any advice other than try to do some spiritual warfare. I read the Healing of Families and went to Fr. Ssmemakula's seminar. It was very, very helpful!
Apr 25th 2013 new

I am dealing with a "double jeopardy" of sorts. I am both a widow (4 years ago next month) and a divorced person (Feb. 5, 2013). Lonliness can be very overwhelming for me at times, especially in social situations. I am doing my best to walk the path God is guiding me on and there are times He literally must carry me through the rough spots. Getting back into the social scene has been frustrating but rewarding at the same time. Frustrating in that as a human being I long for the companionship I so desperately miss with my late husband ,is very difficult to find, and not all persons out there have your best interest or wellbeing at heart. A blessing because these last few months since my divorce I have been able to renew my Catholic faith in all areas, especially devotion to Our Blessed Mother, and I have been able to rekindle my relationship with my kids and grandkids. They are my treasure here on earth. I know God has a very special plan for my life, and He has blessed me so much, especially in the last two months, with a new residence and new job. He has someone special out there for me, I have faith in His promises! When I get feeling low or sorry for myself I turn it over to God..." Lord I can't do this anymore, You take over." I always have a feeling of peace and hope when I do that.

Blessings and prayers for you all! Kim

Apr 28th 2013 new
I found comfort in my own difficult situation by reading about yall folks. I have my son full time and i needed to see other people out there with much heavier crosses then I have to carry . I thing praying for others and good works can make the pain of loneliness greatly diminish.
Apr 28th 2013 new
Three Hail Mary's for all who have posted to thread...
Apr 28th 2013 new

[quote]Mary-961675 said:

Mich- I was married for 40 years and lost one of my daughters, to suddenly just start living alone, divorce is like a death in the family one just has to believe that you are not alone and god will not abandon you. You just have to trust in him and believe, he will talk to you and show you the way. It has been hard. Nights of crying, forceing my self trying to stay away from depression medication because of the sideeffects of the meds. My daughter left when she had her baby a month later, she had just had an angel a year before. These angels were the ones that litterly made me make a decision of becoming stronger and believe that he is with me and all my family. Just now after 7 years of all this loss i am able to see the light with the grace of god. His blessings are all around me and i have handed everthing to him. My refuge is the blessed sacrament and when possible daily mass. Most of all confession and forgiveness. Just belive he does wonders trust me.
Mary

The death of my daughter has brought me much loneliness, suffering but the thought that of being there for my two little angeles has giving me much strenght. I suffer just by seeing them alone without their mom. But i know that through this sufferring my blessed mother is always there protecting them. Please pray the the angels protect where ever they are. ]

Apr 29th 2013 new

Myrna 853769

It's to pray.

It's to keep busy

It's to go before the Blessed Sacrament as often as possible

It's to go to confession as often as possible

It's to receive communion as often as possible

To do the stations of the Cross almost daily

Apr 29th 2013 new

I feel that same lonlieness when I see couples together. I too long for someone to share my faith, my good times and my bad. I use prayer to comfort me and remind myself tht God ahs plan for me in "his" time and not mine.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Diane-925819 said: Where can I get this video? I am experiencing the pain right now
(Quote) Diane-925819 said:

Where can I get this video? I am experiencing the pain right now

--hide--

brotherssoundlab.com

Apr 30th 2013 new

Here is a quote fr0m Anne Lamott in her book Operating Instructions:

"...but the aloneness was here, too, and it seemed to want to be felt. I was reminded once again that the people closest to me, including my therapist, function as my pit crew, helping me to fix blown-out tires and swabbing me off between laps, and the consensus, among those individuals who make up my pit crew, was that I was probably just going to have to go ahead and feel the aloneness for a while. So I did, and I tell you it didn't feel very good. But somehow I was finally able to stand in that huge open wound and feel it and acknowledge it because it was real, and the fear of the pain of the wound turned out to be worse than the actual pain. As I said, though, it didn't feel very good, and it brought me up against that horrible hateful truth -- that there wasn't anything outside myself that could heal or fill me and that everything I had been running from and searching for all my life was within. So I sat with those things for a while, and the wounds began to heal..."

Remember that God will bind up our wounds & He will never leave us or forsake us.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: truth -- that there wasn't anything outside myself that could heal or fill me and that everyt...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

truth -- that there wasn't anything outside myself that could heal or fill me and that everything I had been running from and searching for all my life was within.

--hide--

That's a good quote. I've been in that place, but perhaps its a place that needs to be revisited...and let go of, AGAIN. Thanks.

Posts 31 - 40 of 52