Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

May 08 new

Michael,

I have found, too, that it is hard to find my place in the Church, and I am a devout cradle Catholic. I get involved and have served on several ministries, but when I recently went to a meeting about different groups and how to evangelize, they talked about a youth group, families going camping, senior groups, etc. I felt like saying, "Hold on a minute! There are a ton of us single (for whatever reason: choice, widowed, divorced) people who do not quite fit into the senior or youth group." I held my tongue, but keep thinking about it. I don't want to be in a divorced group since it sounds like counseling or something, and I don't necessarily want to be in a "singles" group, since I am not just interested in meeting a man to marry. I am just getting out of the raising children stage and would like to be with other adults, like a mixed group of people. I wonder if there would be a name for it?

I seem to hang out mostly with a few divorced women friends, because that's who I know best, but I like to be with couples, men, women, young, and old. Any ideas?

Marianne

May 08 new

Caroline,

I hear you!!! I felt like I was constantly changing hats, and never put on the "me" hat. I was compartmentalizing everything and was exhausted most of the time. My kids are mostly grown now, but I still have a lot to do. I really HATE being in charge of every decision and everything that happens with no one to bounce things off of. Having a regular prayer time to talk with God is what me the most. If you have the time to make a consistent adoration time, do it! Better than getting a haircut! I could feel the stress washing off me, I could cry or rage if I needed to, and by the end of my time, I was ready to listen and lean on God. Yeah, I miss the physical hugs, but the blessings are worth it, and I think God sends someone to hug me, whether it was one of my kids or a friend.

And one other thing: I learned that the "happy" label was not necessarily true. Everyone has their struggles, and sometimes your problems are better than theirs. Be grateful and reach out to others for what you need.

Hang in there and keep posting!

Marianne

Posts 51 - 52 of 52