Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

If she doesn't call you back

Apr 21st 2013 new
Should you move on if you call a woman twice the first date and she doesn't call you back?
Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Should you move on if you call a woman twice the first date and she doesn't call you back?
(Quote) John-220051 said: Should you move on if you call a woman twice the first date and she doesn't call you back?
--hide--

Did you mean after you had the first date or before you set up the first date?

In my opinion, it's just rude to not respond to a phone call especially if you have made some kind of connection to meet/have met -- male or female. I do think, however, it is very difficult to tell someone you don't really want to meet/continue meeting. Most people don't like hurting someone's feelings & just don't know how to say it kindly. But there are also people who are rude & disrespectful. If you know some detail about that woman's personal life such as she travels a lot for business or is some other way unable to return a phone call within a reasonable time frame, then wait a bit more. But I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Apr 21st 2013 new

--hide--

Yes, if she was busy and for some reason didn't return the call, she will contact you and apologize and explain the reason. Then you will know she is interested in dating you further, otherwise she is not.

Apr 21st 2013 new

If you left a voicemail asking for a return phone call, then it is rude for her to not return your phone calls. You lobbed the ball over the net and she stopped playing. If you feel there are extenuating circumstances that merit extra lattitude (e.g.; travel, hectic period, etc.), by all means try again. Listen to your gut.

However, if you called but did not leave a message, the ball's still in your court. For many people this may seem obvious, but I've known a number of people both in business and my personal life who don't seem to understand that you have to leave a message.

Apr 21st 2013 new

What's the time frame? If we're talking twice in one day that looks creepy. If we're talking twice over a couple of days, she could geniunally be very busy. If we're talking twice in one week, well, she could be horrendously busy or something may hae happened..... or she could just have decided she doesn't want to progress.

Leave her be for the next few days, and if there's no response I'd say it might be time to move along.

Apr 21st 2013 new

--hide--

What has been the primary mode of communication between you and her leading up to your date? Has she ever called you on the phone? There are some very traditional women still out there that may not actually call you until after several dates. Is there a big age difference? She may be just mulling it over. You obviously like her and...nothing ventured, nothing gained. Give it another shot...one more message in the manner by which you have communicated with her the most won't push you into either the 'Pathetic' or 'Potential Psychotic' territories...just plain old interested. Good luck.

Apr 21st 2013 new

--hide--

I would not. If she has a legitimate excuse ( BIG if) she will call back and apologize for the delay. However, busy people who are interested can ALWAYS find time to call someone they are interested in. Trust me.

Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I would not. If she has a legitimate excuse ( BIG if) she will call back and apologize for the ...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I would not. If she has a legitimate excuse ( BIG if) she will call back and apologize for the delay. However, busy people who are interested can ALWAYS find time to call someone they are interested in. Trust me.

--hide--

I would not call her back either. We all have the same hours in the day and we all make time for what is most important to us.
Apr 21st 2013 new

--hide--
Dude If you tried twice; And you left a "voice mail" (message) and she doesn't call you back; I might send a e-mail; To see if she replies that way; If not (yeah) move on.

Apr 21st 2013 new
John, I would move on. Live your life. If she calls you back, you can decide what to do from there. But twice is sufficient to show your continued interest in her. She should call you back regardless of how she feels about another date; however, many people (men and women) don't have the spine to do that. They figure silence is the best way to convey non-interest. It only leaves people somewhat confused. That being said, she may have had things come up suddenly in her life. If she does call you back, you are due a good explanation.
Posts 1 - 10 of 21