Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: Should you move on if you call a woman twice the first date and she doesn't call you back?
(Quote) John-220051 said: Should you move on if you call a woman twice the first date and she doesn't call you back?
--hide--

Keep her on the top list for now, be patient, she might be very busy and not aware of your call yet.

We don't all have the same hours of the day. If you hear from her she will explain the delay. Keep your thoughts positive.

biggrin
Apr 21st 2013 new
@Shara...(smile on my face) spoken as a woman. Time is of the essence. There are more out there if she does not acknowledge you reaching out. @John... (BIG smile on my face) listen to your heart. If it says call one more time then you do so after committing it to God. If she answers then you go from there. If she does not, then you move on for you have done your part as a man and given the chase. No matter the outcome, keep a smile on your face AND heart. It is well. Onome Sunshine
Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I would not. If she has a legitimate excuse ( BIG if) she will call back and apologize for the ...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I would not. If she has a legitimate excuse ( BIG if) she will call back and apologize for the delay. However, busy people who are interested can ALWAYS find time to call someone they are interested in. Trust me.

--hide--

Yes. I agree with you 100%. John, if she recieved your message and is interested, she will not let anything intefere with calling you back promptly, no matter how busy she is. The other two options are she is not interested or she is playing games with you.
Apr 23rd 2013 new

Well, from what I've seen of single women on this site, I believe a large number of them are not willing to call a man under any circumstances, and think that you will magically reach her at a time when she's willing and able to talk. boggled

If you were trying to call me...I would want you to give me three chances. Just in case stuff happened to keep me from getting back to you.

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Dude If you tried twice; And you left a "voice mail" (message) and she doesn't call ...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Dude If you tried twice; And you left a "voice mail" (message) and she doesn't call you back; I might send a e-mail; To see if she replies that way; If not (yeah) move on.

--hide--

I completely agree. I've had problems with my cell phone voicemail before. (new phone & tiny voicemail symbol). Follow up with an email. I've also had problems with getting to my voicemail late at night and I don't like calling people after 9PM since they may be sleeping. Depending on the messages and how close together they were, she may have spaced that she had gotten a call. If she doesn't respond to the email, then she's not interested and not brave enough to tell you.

Apr 24th 2013 new
I decided to move on because she never responded.
Apr 24th 2013 new

--hide--

Hi John,

I'm just going to throw this out there for the sake of it. I agree if you have called twice, left a message and not received a call back, probably move on. . .but having said that :-).

Depending on what kind of job she has, she could simply be out of contact. I spent eleven days in Peru and getting phone calls was nearly impossible. I did manage some internet access. If I had just met you I might not have given you my schedule (Okay that probably doesn't hold true for me, I tend to be really transparent), but I have also spent hours in a Tyvek suit without access to phone calls. I've been up and out before dawn and not back or free to talk until well after dark. And, I was taught not to call before 9AM or after 9PM, so it might be a few days before I felt comfortable or had time to devote to an actual talk. You would more likely get a text from me or an email, but even that isn't always a guarantee. It was after seven before I checked email tonight, just a really busy day.

Having said that lol I think she should have responded by now and I agree I think it is rude not to respond.

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I decided to move on because she never responded.
--hide--
Nuff Said (on that one bro)

Apr 25th 2013 new

--hide--

Did you call her again yet? Did she call you yet?

She might feel funny about calling you. Try to call again.

Apr 25th 2013 new

--hide--

Thanks for the update. A 'one-date wonder?' Hmmmm...have heard of those (long pause...nervous laughter) One look in her medicine cabinet and you probably would have been out of there anyway. Cheer yourself up buddy and do a 500-mile radius search within your age range and look at some of the lovely faces looking back at you and awaiting a message from you.

Posts 11 - 20 of 21