Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Apr 22 new
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: When I was in 8th grade Leonardo DiCaprio was all the rage.
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: When I was in 8th grade Leonardo DiCaprio was all the rage.
--hide--
Yeah, that's true.. I was in the 5 th grade when Leonardo de Caprio was booming.. Haha.. I was one of his big fan.. Watching Titanic over and over.. Oh.. And Kate Winslet was a real star.. And Bieber is just phenomenal now.. Lol..
Apr 22 new

--hide--
Well Paul....he's still kinda the rage. He is getting all kinds of parts....and I think the young man is a "better than average" actor. Just my two cents

Apr 22 new

I think contraception is a major factor. There are studies that show that women who are on oral contacetives prefer "boyish" men over masculine men.

Here's a (secular) article about it:

www.dailymail.co.uk

Apr 22 new
(Quote) Tom-54311 said: this may be the key to men finally understanding women!Sorry if this has been a topic before.From ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

this may be the key to men finally understanding women!

Sorry if this has been a topic before.

From the male perspective he seems to have absolutely nothing going for him.

--hide--

It's all how you are "marketed" by your handlers. I seem to recall Donny Osmond being a heart throb to young girls and then there was the guy who played in the Partridge Family. I'll think of his name later. He will be on one of those programs in about 5 years, "do you remember . . . and where they are now."

. . . oh and YOU are buying the beer laughing
Apr 22 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: From a female perspective he has nuttin going for him. (well from this female perspective anyway)...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

From a female perspective he has nuttin going for him. (well from this female perspective anyway)

Besides, I like MEN, not feminine boys.

--hide--

Thanks, Linda. At least I understand one woman!!

Still don't understand how any woman of any age would be attracked to this nothing-to-offer little twirp.

Apr 22 new

(Quote) John-471315 said: I think contraception is a major factor. There are studies that show that women who are on oral co...
(Quote) John-471315 said:

I think contraception is a major factor. There are studies that show that women who are on oral contacetives prefer "boyish" men over masculine men.

Here's a (secular) article about it:

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--

Hhmmm very interesting John. That may be part of the puzzle.

You are pretty smart for a Canadian!! wink

Keep posting. We still got a ton of snow on the ground, how is it up there? Snowmobiler?

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: to me young women means anyone between about 10 years old and 40 years old!!
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

to me young women means anyone between about 10 years old and 40 years old!!

--hide--

I have daughters in their 40s and they dont know who he is other than "some kid". I have daughters in their 30s and they think he's someone silly; a joke on their younger siblings. I have daughters in their 20s and they laugh when you mention him. My 18 year old son said "he's someone the girls in middle school like. He's a dork".
I have a grandaughter in the 7th grade and she is going to marry him. I think the biggest appeal to her is that he is theoretically a possible date, but since he is a "star" he is a safe and distant romantic fantasy object - one such as most of us of the female persuasion have had since time began. (Boys tend to go for the more obvious sexual fantasy objects such as can be found in Victoria Secret catalogs). Now that he is facing legal charges for abuse I think he has beome less of a romantic icon.

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: It's all how you are "marketed" by your handlers. I seem to recall Donny Osmond b...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

It's all how you are "marketed" by your handlers. I seem to recall Donny Osmond being a heart throb to young girls and then there was the guy who played in the Partridge Family. I'll think of his name later. He will be on one of those programs in about 5 years, "do you remember . . . and where they are now."

. . . oh and YOU are buying the beer
--hide--
Joanna, you must be talking about David Cassidy

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: It's all how you are "marketed" by your handlers. I seem to recall Donny Osmond b...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

. . . oh and YOU are buying the beer
--hide--

No problem, how about a good Minnesota beer, like Pigs Eye, or Summit?

I definitely think you are onto something....marketing......I am still in love with Marie Osmond!! wink

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: I have daughters in their 40s and they dont know who he is other than "some kid". I...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

I have daughters in their 40s and they dont know who he is other than "some kid". I have daughters in their 30s and they think he's someone silly; a joke on their younger siblings. I have daughters in their 20s and they laugh when you mention him. My 18 year old son said "he's someone the girls in middle school like. He's a dork".
I have a grandaughter in the 7th grade and she is going to marry him. I think the biggest appeal to her is that he is theoretically a possible date, but since he is a "star" he is a safe and distant romantic fantasy object - one such as most of us of the female persuasion have had since time began. (Boys tend to go for the more obvious sexual fantasy objects such as can be found in Victoria Secret catalogs). Now that he is facing legal charges for abuse I think he has beome less of a romantic icon.

--hide--

Thanks, Joan, just the type of comments I was hoping to get...insightful. Your 18 year old son nailed it, he is a dork!!

BTW, how many daughters do you have?? eyepopping

Posts 21 - 30 of 41