Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Catholic University of San Diego (California) Hosts 2nd Drag Show, Claims it’s Consistent with Church Teaching

"Openly lesbian USD Religious Studies professor Evelyn Kirkley, who serves as faculty adviser to the Pride group, justified the University drag show in a position paper. Kirkley wrote":

"Because a drag show is entertaining, it can reach a wider audience of students who might not ordinarily attend a speaker or workshop… It enables students to become more educated and aware of the fluidity of gender identity and expression…Transgressing gender norms, such as cross-dressing, can trigger cultural anxieties, but can also be seen as entirely ‘normal.’ " wide eyed

Full Story here www.cardinalnewmansociety.org

04/22/2013 new

Related Stories:

Openly homosexual SEIU boss to address Most Holy Redeemer Sat. On being Catholic:

cal-catholic.com

Homosexual youth events this week at California State Capitol Training a cadre cal-catholic.com

Boy Scouts of America announce new homosexual policy Youth yes, adults no cal-catholic.com

04/22/2013 new

Fortunately I think many have become aware of the "Catholic schools" scam and are going to public schools that cost a lot less.

04/22/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Catholic University of San Diego (California) H...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Catholic University of San Diego (California) Hosts 2nd Drag Show, Claims it’s Consistent with Church Teaching

"Openly lesbian USD Religious Studies professor Evelyn Kirkley, who serves as faculty adviser to the Pride group, justified the University drag show in a position paper. Kirkley wrote":

"Because a drag show is entertaining, it can reach a wider audience of students who might not ordinarily attend a speaker or workshop… It enables students to become more educated and aware of the fluidity of gender identity and expression…Transgressing gender norms, such as cross-dressing, can trigger cultural anxieties, but can also be seen as entirely ‘normal.’ "

Full Story here www.cardinalnewmansociety.org

--hide--

Thanks, Bernard. How can this stuff keep happening, its disgusting.

Apr 26 new

eyepopping weeping

Yikes! USD is so terribly expensive too - I wonder if parents know what kind of school they are spending their hard-earned money on.

I often go to student Mass there (the only place in town you can go to Mass at 9 pm), but have learned not to go to the "special" last Mass of the school year - one year they had liturgical dancers during Mass, dressed in ballet-type leotards, "perform" their routines down the center aisle of the church. Before then I had only read of liturgical dancers on online forums. So USD doesn't seem any more Catholic than the state university I went to.

San Francisco Most Holy Redeemer - everyone there knows the reputation of that church, so no surprises there What I can't figure out is, why is their Archbishop allowing this? I thought he was a very good, conservative archbishop who doesn't hesitate to speak out against gay marriage - why doesn't he put a stop to this at this church?

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: Yikes! USD is so terribly expensive too - I wonder if parents know what kind of school the...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

Yikes! USD is so terribly expensive too - I wonder if parents know what kind of school they are spending their hard-earned money on.

I often go to student Mass there (the only place in town you can go to Mass at 9 pm), but have learned not to go to the "special" last Mass of the school year - one year they had liturgical dancers during Mass, dressed in ballet-type leotards, "perform" their routines down the center aisle of the church. Before then I had only read of liturgical dancers on online forums. So USD doesn't seem any more Catholic than the state university I went to.

San Francisco Most Holy Redeemer - everyone there knows the reputation of that church, so no surprises there What I can't figure out is, why is their Archbishop allowing this? I thought he was a very good, conservative archbishop who doesn't hesitate to speak out against gay marriage - why doesn't he put a stop to this at this church?

--hide--
That's a good question.People have been asking that same question about many events going on in the Church for the past 40 plus years.Where is the Bishop?

Apr 26 new

Archbishop Cordileone was just installed as Archbishop of the San Francisco in October of 2012. I suspect that as he settles into his new position, there may be some very significant changes in some of the parishes in SF. I don't know him, but he seems like a very good bishop... and he does not appear at all bashful to stand up for the teachings of the Catholic faith.

Here is a bit about him:
www.sfarchdiocese.org

I thought that you may find this article to be interesting....

Archbishop Cordileone states case against gay marriage
www.usatoday.com

Ed

Posts 1 - 7 of 7