Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Do you remember...

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Posting in another thread in the entertainment/humor room brought to mind a question: Are there any old chain stores or restaurants that you remember going to in your youth that no longer exist?

Here are just some from my past -- Do you remember any of these?

Super Duper grocery stores

Gold Circle discount stores

B.B.F. fast food restaurants

Buzzard's Nest record/CD stores (pretty much just an Ohio thing)

Big Bite fast food restaurants (they actually were ahead of their time -- they did "wraps" way back in the early 80's)

Spaghetti Warehouse

Peaches Records and Tapes (OK, so I did a little music shopping back in the day... wink laughing )

Burger Chef fast food restaurants

Lawson's convenience stores

Service Merchandise catalog showrooms (sort of like a department store)

After The Gold Rush nightclubs (they supposedly were nationwide, but I never saw one outside of Columbus, Ohio)

R&R nightclubs

OK, those are some of mine. What defunct chain stores, restaurants, nightclubs, etc. do you remember from way back when? scratchchin

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Posting in another thread in the entertainment/humor room brought to mind a question: Are there a...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

Posting in another thread in the entertainment/humor room brought to mind a question: Are there any old chain stores or restaurants that you remember going to in your youth that no longer exist?

Big Bite fast food restaurants (they actually were ahead of their time -- they did "wraps" way back in the early 80's)

Spaghetti Warehouse

Peaches Records and Tapes (OK, so I did a little music shopping back in the day... )

After The Gold Rush nightclubs (they supposedly were nationwide, but I never saw one outside of Columbus, Ohio)

R&R nightclubs

OK, those are some of mine. What defunct chain stores, restaurants, nightclubs, etc. do you remember from way back when?

--hide--
Boy those bring back memories!

How about: Hardees, Woolworths' and Motts 5 and 10's?

I also don't think there are any more Sinclair gas stations

Apr 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Peaches Records and Tapes (OK, so I did a little music shopping back in the day... ) What defunct ...

Peaches Records and Tapes (OK, so I did a little music shopping back in the day... ) What defunct chain stores, restaurants, nightclubs, etc. do you remember from way back when?

--hide--
I remember Peaches well. But I never went there to shop for music. I dated their art guy. Well, Peaches no longer exists...and neither does he. laughing

Pittsburgh still has Spaghetti Warehouse.
Apr 22nd 2013 new

Things must have been very regional back than, Steve. I can't say I remember even one of your list.

But its a fun topic.....

Scotts 5 and Dime

Embers Restaurants

Texaco gas stations

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Hardees, ....Sinclair gas stations
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Hardees, ....Sinclair gas stations
--hide--
Depends on where you live. Hardees is part of the Carl's Jr. chain now, and the name remains principally in the eastern states. I think I've seen Sinclair in the Great Plains states in recent years.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Is TG&Y still in business?

How about Ben Franklin?

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Posting in another thread in the entertainment/humor room brought to mind a question: Are there a...

Spaghetti Warehouse

Peaches Records and Tapes (OK, so I did a little music shopping back in the day... )

R&R nightclubs

OK, those are some of mine. What defunct chain stores, restaurants, nightclubs, etc. do you remember from way back when?

--hide--
I think BBF has been replaced by BFF.....

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Depends on where you live. Hardees is part of the Carl's Jr. chain now, and the name remains ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Depends on where you live. Hardees is part of the Carl's Jr. chain now, and the name remains principally in the eastern states. I think I've seen Sinclair in the Great Plains states in recent years.

--hide--
Marge, haven't seen a Sinclair down here in years! In fact, one was turned into a restaurant because of it's location. And because they saved a lot of the original stuff on the walls.
''

Apr 22nd 2013 new

KRESGE'S
WOOLWORTHS
MCCRORY'S
CONSUMER DISTRIBUTING
CRAZY EDDIE
TOPS APPLIANCE CITY
ARTHUR TREACHER'S FISH AND CHIPS
CALDOR
GINO'S FRIED CHICKEN

Apr 22nd 2013 new

RCA store (with spotted dog with ear cocked towards victrola) TG&Y Newberry's Murphy's Mom worked at Bon Marche in the 40's and now it's called Macy's Zayre's Scuby Subs Gayfer's Morrison's A&W Suds (root beer) Jitney Jungle Piggly Wiggly Mister Donut Give me a few days I'll think of some more... wink

Posts 1 - 10 of 200