Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 22nd 2013 new

GEMCO.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

CELLO gas stations. This is really dating me....but when I was a teen... fuel was around 35 to 36 cents a gallon. However, the station I just mentioned was around 29 cents at that time! Can you believe it?

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: I think BBF has been replaced by BFF.....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

I think BBF has been replaced by BFF.....

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Boy those bring back memories!How about: Hardees, Woolworths' and Motts 5 and 10'...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Boy those bring back memories!

How about: Hardees, Woolworths' and Motts 5 and 10's?

I also don't think there are any more Sinclair gas stations

--hide--

I always liked the green dinasaur from Sinclairs.

How about S&H Green Stamps?

Apr 22nd 2013 new

T G & Y

Baker's Drug

Woolco

Otasco

Humpty Dumpty Grocery Store and Pharmacy

Safeway

Pioneer Pies Restaurant

JJ Tippins Restaurant

Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store

Tony's Italian Restaurants

Steak and Ale

Texaco

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Is TG&Y still in business?How about Ben Franklin?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Is TG&Y still in business?

How about Ben Franklin?

--hide--

There is still a Ben Franklin in tiny Grand Marais, MN, up near the Canadian Border. Besides craft items, up there it sells a lot of outdoor clothing and gear. We also have a couple of Hardee's in the area, although most around here were converted to Arby's.

I remember our downtown in Duluth had a Woolworth's (with the old counter dining area), a Kresge, a Jupiter, a couple of Ben Franklin's, a Montgomery Wards, and the original Oreck's department store ... yes, the vacuum cleaner guy.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

In California - Sambo's Restaurant - talk about being politically incorrect - glad they went away!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Boy those bring back memories!How about: Hardees, Woolworths' and Motts 5 and 10'...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Boy those bring back memories!

How about: Hardees, Woolworths' and Motts 5 and 10's?

I also don't think there are any more Sinclair gas stations

--hide--

I hate to break it to everyone but I live out here in the time warp we call the Great Plains and we still have Sinclair stations, Ben Franklins, Safeways and Hardee's. There are also Texaco gas stations around, as are Piggly Wiggly grocery stores in some places. Of course, there is a fair bit of stuff out this way that might be considered a throw back to a simpler time - not such a bad thing in my opinion.

As far as some of the chains that I no longer see around here: Coast-to-Coast and Gambles - both were kind of a cross between a hardware store and department store (minus clothing and stuff).

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Sambo's!!!! biggrin biggrin

Apr 22nd 2013 new
Howard Brothers K&B Drug stores. (Good IceCream) The Green Stamp store TG&Y A&P Grocery Srore.
Posts 11 - 20 of 200