Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: Oh, and once in a while, I gotta have a Vernors ginger ale....thank goodness that is still aro...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

Oh, and once in a while, I gotta have a Vernors ginger ale....thank goodness that is still around!

--hide--

How about Superman ice cream? I was shocked when I found out it's not a national flavor!

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Steve-111719 said: The last (open) Ponderosa I remember see...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Quote:
Steve-111719 said:

The last (open) Ponderosa I remember seeing was when I lived in western NY state southwest of Buffalo. The Ponderosa just outside of Jamestown closed its doors about 4 years ago. I kind of liked them as a kid -- especially the huge salad (and other food) bar.

Ponderosa isn't dead! I am in Delta Skymiles Dining and I get frequent e-mail reminders from them that the Ponderosa in Uniontown, PA (about half an hour from Morgantown) is a participant. The only program participant here in Morgantown is the local IHOP ...

There's also a Ponderosa in Washington, PA, off the I-70/I-79 multiplex, in a shopping area with a whole bunch of other restaurants ....

--hide--

Correction to this post .... I got an e-mail just now from Dividend Miles Dining (which is run by the same company as the Delta Skymiles Dining program, but earns miles for US Airways). The Ponderosa in the program is in Belle Vernon, PA, which is further north.

I know the one in Uniontown used to be a participant. I don't know if it closed or if it just dropped out of the rewards program.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: How about Superman ice cream? I was shocked when I found out it's...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

How about Superman ice cream? I was shocked when I found out it's not a national flavor!

--hide--

highfive I remember having Superman ice cream Superman on trips up north of Port Huron when I was a kid! There was an ice cream parlor near the cottage by the lake where we stayed.

In fact, I can tell you that one of the years we went up there was 1984, because I remember one day we had a newspaper with coverage of the Olympics.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Margaret-20183 said: How about Superman ice cream? I was <...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Quote:
Margaret-20183 said:

I remember having Superman ice cream on trips up north of Port Huron when I was a kid! There was an ice cream parlor near the cottage by the lake where we stayed.

In fact, I can tell you that one of the years we went up there was 1984, because I remember one day we had a newspaper with coverage of the Olympics.

--hide--

www.supermanicecream.com

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: How about Superman ice cream? I was shocked when I found out it's...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

--hide--

Hey, I seem to have found a parlor in Pittsburgh that sells Superman Ice Cream! biggrin I'll have to check them out the next time I go up there.

www.scoopspittsburgh.com

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Heck, I'm right there with you Brian. What about "Vitalis" and "Brylcreem"...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Heck, I'm right there with you Brian. What about "Vitalis" and "Brylcreem" hair dressing? Man that Brylcreem was like putting "Miracle Whip" on your hair!

--hide--

Butch Wax!!! When you really wanted to impress the ladies!

Apr 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Steve-111719 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: I remember Peaches well. But I never went there to shop for music. I ...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: I remember Peaches well. But I never went there to shop for music. I dated their art guy. Well, Peaches no longer exists...and neither does he.

Pittsburgh still has Spaghetti Warehouse.

There sometimes were reasons other than shopping why we went to certain stores, Mary. I understand completely. I remember going to a certain SuperX drug store for just such a reason.

Spaghetti Warehouse is still around, huh?

--hide--
It's been years since I've been to Spaghetti Warehouse. Only knew they still existed because I've seen coupons.

As for Peaches, I was so young when closed their doors. Don't think they existed here too long, but I could be wrong.
Apr 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: A few I didn't see mentioned elsewhere: Burger Chef Children's Palace
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: A few I didn't see mentioned elsewhere:

Burger Chef

Children's Palace

Stride-Rite Shoe Stores

Rinks' Grocery store (though, this may be a local place)

Walden's Books

Linens N Things (not so long ago, but like Border's, I miss it)

Van Leunens (a Cincinnati department store)
--hide--
I miss Linen 'n Things, too. If I could bring back one of these stores, it would be Linen 'n things. laughing
Apr 25th 2013 new

Yeah, that was a nice store.

Apr 25th 2013 new

But there's one thing that hasn't disappeared.....

and that's the joy of locking a thread, especially on a birthday! Happy Birthday!

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200