Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I always liked the green dinasaur from Sinclairs.How about S&H Green Stam...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said:

I always liked the green dinasaur from Sinclairs.

How about S&H Green Stamps?

--hide--
I remember the stamps. And there were also the stores....where you redeemed them!
On Friday nights here in the late 60's after football games it was common to go to a hamburger place where you actually sat down.
No "drive-through" windows except Jack-in-the-Box which were just getting started. The name of the one we frequented was called KIP's
which had this weird looking figure on the lawn holding up a finished burger. And underneath it said, "Kips'....Home of the Big Boy" And they were right! those burgers were huge!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I always liked the green dinasaur from Sinclairs.How about S&H Green Stam...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said:

I always liked the green dinasaur from Sinclairs.

How about S&H Green Stamps?

--hide--

I remember thinking the green dinosaur was cool when my dad bought gas there. Your comment brought back that memory. I once worked at a Hardees. Shopped at McCrory's. Wow time sure flies when you're having fun!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

How about:

Peter Pan Ice Cream
Gambles
Safeway
Ben Franklin

That a few I remember. wink

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Boy those bring back memories!How about: Hardees, Woolworths' and Motts 5 and 10'...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Boy those bring back memories!

How about: Hardees, Woolworths' and Motts 5 and 10's?

I also don't think there are any more Sinclair gas stations

--hide--

Jerry, there are Hardees in Indianapolis.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

Kress's

Apr 23rd 2013 new

For the Detroit Crowd

Federal's Department Stores

Korvett's Department Stores

Red Barn Hamburgers

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) David-567078 said: For the Detroit Crowd Federal's Department Stores Korvett's Department Stores
(Quote) David-567078 said:

For the Detroit Crowd

Red Barn Hamburgers

--hide--

I'm from Detroit originally...and I don't remember any of those! :( I do remember Hudson's though........and Faygo pop...wonder if that is still around?

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) David-567078 said: For the Detroit Crowd Federal's Department Stores Korvett's Department Stor...
(Quote) David-567078 said:

For the Detroit Crowd

Red Barn Hamburgers

--hide--

Ok TAKE TWO......I'm from the Detroit area originally, and I don't remember any of those! :( I do remember Hudson's, though...and Faygo pop....also Jacobson's department stores.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: ... I also don't think there are any more Sinclair gas stations
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

... I also don't think there are any more Sinclair gas stations

--hide--

They've gone the way of the dinosaurs. smile

en.wikipedia.org

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: I do remember Hudson's, though...and Faygo pop....also Jacobson's department stores.<...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

I do remember Hudson's, though...and Faygo pop....also Jacobson's department stores.

--hide--

Hudson's was eaten up by Marshall Fields and then Macys, and Jacobsons bit the dust, but the most important one of all, Faygo, still exists!

I think many of the stores mentioned were regional, or never made it to my area. It's a bit of a shock when you grow up with a certain store and find out not everybody had it as well. We did have Kresges, Sambos, and Woolworths, but Safeway never reared its head. Ben Franklin stores can still be found in smaller communities.

Posts 21 - 30 of 200