Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Your Worst Dates.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Give us your worst date stories.sad As for me,Too Many.sorry weeping Please,give us yours.scratchchin

Apr 22nd 2013 new
Oh, come on Brian . . . give us at LEAST one! I need some entertainment.
Apr 22nd 2013 new

Okay I will start ... We met online ... We met for coffee .. It went well ... We progressed to dinner ... Over the course of the meal, I learned that his former spouse had picked the restaurant for him, she had provided him with a coupon ... and she had succeeded in running me off ... not enough separation between their lives for me to have a chance!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Okay Brian, Seems like we've done this thread before...because the one I'm going to tell.....I've told before.

Btw, Since YOU ARE the "resident bad-boy" you must have some to tell!

I don't remember how many times I had been out with this girl but this particular date was the worst or, most embarassing.
She and I had traveled to downtown Dallas to one of the theaters. Back then there was the Tower, The Palace and The Majestic (which was one of the nicest) The movie was "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (I think) We got there early enough...and went to the balcony. The way the balcony was configured....one had to go up the stairs...and turn...next to the railing and then up some more steps. We had deliberately gone up to get two seats BEFORE getting any snacks so that she "K" could save our seats....because the movie was newly released. So we took our seats and she immediately says, "Lets get a LARGE popcorn and drinks and M&Ms" So she stays and I go down to the crowded snack bar, order the 2 large cokes, large bag of popcorn and M&Ms (which I stuff in my pocket) Off I go to the balcony....but this time...the REAL mob had arrived and I was going up the steps with lots of folks. I was making the final turn at the top with the banister of the balcony right there, when someone "banged" into me. Oops! Both large cokes went overboard with a heavy snow of popcorn! The contents seem to splatter forever below! You never heard so many "flopping" seats in your life...coupled with "What the h.....'s" I was mortified...was actually able to conceal myself with the crowd ascending the rest of the steps. "K" raised both hands in disbelief like: "Did you get my instructions wrong"? I sat down and said they were out of drinks and popcorn and that all we would be dining on...was M&M's!
We made it through the movie. Thank God. But upon exciting the theater she saw the fountain working fine and popcorn popping galore. She looked at me like, "Did you lie?" I said, "I'll tell you everything outside" When we arrived at my car I told her the whole story. She died laughing....laughing so hard she fell against the car with tears streaming down her face. I was not. But later we had a big laugh over it....re-telling it over and over~

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Got one. Met for coffee, he was late so I purchased mine and waited 15 minutes until he showed. No explanation. Stilted conversation. Went for a walk around the block. I kept trying to carry the conversation but...it...just...wouldn't....go. I decided to call it good enough and he said, "That's...it?", expecting a kiss or something. I shook his hand and wished him well.

I think it lasted about an hour.

Another was worse. We arranged to meet for coffee, but he went to the wrong place and launched at me for standing him up. I launched at him for standing me up (as I was waiting at the correct coffee shop). But when I realized the error, I apologized and offered to try it again - reiterating the exact time and place... Well, he was mad. He then mentioned he only wanted someone who would carry his frozen embryos to term. Someone responsible who could show up when expected. Surely it was a joke?

I never met the man.

God is good, all the time.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

This is the best one I've every heard. Thanks, Jerry! laughing laughing weeping

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Okay Brian, Seems like we've done this thread before...because the one I'm going to tell....
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Okay Brian, Seems like we've done this thread before...because the one I'm going to tell.....I've told before.

Btw, Since YOU ARE the "resident bad-boy" you must have some to tell!

I don't remember how many times I had been out with this girl but this particular date was the worst or, most embarassing.
She and I had traveled to downtown Dallas to one of the theaters. Back then there was the Tower, The Palace and The Majestic (which was one of the nicest) The movie was "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (I think) We got there early enough...and went to the balcony. The way the balcony was configured....one had to go up the stairs...and turn...next to the railing and then up some more steps. We had deliberately gone up to get two seats BEFORE getting any snacks so that she "K" could save our seats....because the movie was newly released. So we took our seats and she immediately says, "Lets get a LARGE popcorn and drinks and M&Ms" So she stays and I go down to the crowded snack bar, order the 2 large cokes, large bag of popcorn and M&Ms (which I stuff in my pocket) Off I go to the balcony....but this time...the REAL mob had arrived and I was going up the steps with lots of folks. I was making the final turn at the top with the banister of the balcony right there, when someone "banged" into me. Oops! Both large cokes went overboard with a heavy snow of popcorn! The contents seem to splatter forever below! You never heard so many "flopping" seats in your life...coupled with "What the h.....'s" I was mortified...was actually able to conceal myself with the crowd ascending the rest of the steps. "K" raised both hands in disbelief like: "Did you get my instructions wrong"? I sat down and said they were out of drinks and popcorn and that all we would be dining on...was M&M's!
We made it through the movie. Thank God. But upon exciting the theater she saw the fountain working fine and popcorn popping galore. She looked at me like, "Did you lie?" I said, "I'll tell you everything outside" When we arrived at my car I told her the whole story. She died laughing....laughing so hard she fell against the car with tears streaming down her face. I was not. But later we had a big laugh over it....re-telling it over and over~

--hide--

Apr 22nd 2013 new

He didn't ask me a single question.
He talked about his job...and only his job. (And it was such an obscure one that I could not tell you what it actually was.)
When I ventured to volunteer a comment (other than, "I see" or "Aha") he glared at me as if to say, "Who gave you permission to talk?"

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Give us your worst date stories. As for me,Too Many. Please,give us yours.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Give us your worst date stories. As for me,Too Many. Please,give us yours.

--hide--

Well I've had 2. The first (and worst) I had invited a girl out for coffee, and we met, sat down and the first words out of her mouth was "I was talking to my girlfriends today, and we decided we're going to do something tonight, so I only have 20 minutes before they pick me up. I hope you don't mind!" I was trying to be the perfect gentlemen and had even brought flowers, I felt like asking for them back but decided against it. laughing

The other one, I met this girl online (not CM thankfully) and we had been talking for a while, and we went out. The date seemed to go OK, it was no where near my best date, and it lasted longer then 20 minutes so it wasn't my worst either. It was an impromtu date because we were supposed to go out the next day instead, so as I was saying good-bye she said that she'd still like to see me the next day to go to the musseum / lunch as we had discussed. So the next morning I check my e-mail and there is an e-mail from my date saying that she's not feeling well, and cancelling our date for the afternoon. She then goes on and gives me a blow-by-blow list of what went wrong with the date the night before, and all but insinuaiting that I was the worst date she had ever had. rolling eyes So I delete the e-mail and make new plans for the day! Later in the afternoon I get another e-mail from her explaining that I really was a terrible person irked because had I been a gentlemen I would have taken the time to respond to each of the points raised in her earlier e-mail about where the date went wrong. wide eyed laughing

In an effort to get rid of her I did respond to that e-mail and told her I was not the type to beg for affection, and if she felt the date was that bad she should be looking to date other guys, because I clearly was not the right guy for her! Ciao babe! wave laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: This is the best one I've every heard. Thanks, Jerry!
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

This is the best one I've every heard. Thanks, Jerry!

--hide--

Worst date that I ever had was a blind date. The girl was attractive and my best friend's girlfriend set me up with her sister.

We went roller scatting and she picked a fight with a gang of thugs at the roller rink and then told my friend and I that we would have to go and protect her "honor" by getting into a fist fight with them. We were out numbered by about 7 to 1.

After that she complained all night how she couldn't stand Christians as they are all 'idiots."

Yeah I should have married that girl, as she had a lot of class. Wow.

Keith

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: This is the best one I've every heard. Thanks, Jerry!
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

This is the best one I've every heard. Thanks, Jerry!

--hide--
I look back now Alice and laugh laughing but back then....it was mortifying! And that girl and I had more than one incident happen to us. That's why we didn't stay exclusive! Anyway i heard she's married and has 3 or 4 grown kids now~

Posts 1 - 10 of 200