Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Worst date that I ever had was a blind date. The girl was attractive and my best friend&#...
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

Worst date that I ever had was a blind date. The girl was attractive and my best friend's girlfriend set me up with her sister.

We went roller scatting and she picked a fight with a gang of thugs at the roller rink and then told my friend and I that we would have to go and protect her "honor" by getting into a fist fight with them. We were out numbered by about 7 to 1.

After that she complained all night how she couldn't stand Christians as they are all 'idiots."

Yeah I should have married that girl, as she had a lot of class. Wow.

Keith

--hide--
OMG! I'm sorry...have to laugh at this one laughing laughing laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: Well I've had 2. The first (and worst) I had invited a girl out for coffee, and ...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

Well I've had 2. The first (and worst) I had invited a girl out for coffee, and we met, sat down and the first words out of her mouth was "I was talking to my girlfriends today, and we decided we're going to do something tonight, so I only have 20 minutes before they pick me up. I hope you don't mind!" I was trying to be the perfect gentlemen and had even brought flowers, I felt like asking for them back but decided against it.

The other one, I met this girl online (not CM thankfully) and we had been talking for a while, and we went out. The date seemed to go OK, it was no where near my best date, and it lasted longer then 20 minutes so it wasn't my worst either. It was an impromtu date because we were supposed to go out the next day instead, so as I was saying good-bye she said that she'd still like to see me the next day to go to the musseum / lunch as we had discussed. So the next morning I check my e-mail and there is an e-mail from my date saying that she's not feeling well, and cancelling our date for the afternoon. She then goes on and gives me a blow-by-blow list of what went wrong with the date the night before, and all but insinuaiting that I was the worst date she had ever had. So I delete the e-mail and make new plans for the day! Later in the afternoon I get another e-mail from her explaining that I really was a terrible person because had I been a gentlemen I would have taken the time to respond to each of the points raised in her earlier e-mail about where the date went wrong.

In an effort to get rid of her I did respond to that e-mail and told her I was not the type to beg for affection, and if she felt the date was that bad she should be looking to date other guys, because I clearly was not the right guy for her! Ciao babe!

--hide--

Wow, what a nightmare man.

I forgot I had one other nightmare date. I had gone out with this gal a couple of times. She was nice looking but a little snotty and I attributed that to nerves on her part. So I picked her up on Valentines Day and took her to dinner. Since it was Valentine's day I bought her a very generic "Happy Valentine's day" card. Basically said, "Happy Valentine's day" and I signed it, "Keith." That's it.

She then went on to rant at me how she didn't know me and how inappropriate it was for me to buy her a card. That I was not her boyfriend and that the card really "spooked her."

I turned the car around and she asked me where we were going and I simply saidk, "I'm taking you home." She asked me why and I said, "Because your attitude sucks." She then proceeded to call me names and say that I was a jerk and slammed the car door when I dropped her off. Good riddens.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I look back now Alice and laugh but back then....it was mortifying! And that girl and I had more ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I look back now Alice and laugh but back then....it was mortifying! And that girl and I had more than one incident happen to us. That's why we didn't stay exclusive! Anyway i heard she's married and has 3 or 4 grown kids now~

--hide--

I'm sure it was horrendous, Jerry, and I'm truly sympathetic. Not laughing at you, just laughing near you. And taking notes on these!

We have enough "how to build a fantastic relationship" books. How about one entitled, "How to Alienate the Opposite Sex"? I'm sure it would be a best-seller!

laughing laughing laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: Well I've had 2. The first (and worst) I had invited a girl out for coffee, and ...

Well I've had 2. The first (and worst) I had invited a girl out for coffee, and we met, sat down and the first words out of her mouth was "I was talking to my girlfriends today, and we decided we're going to do something tonight, so I only have 20 minutes before they pick me up. I hope you don't mind!" I was trying to be the perfect gentlemen and had even brought flowers, I felt like asking for them back but decided against it.

The other one, I met this girl online (not CM thankfully) and we had been talking for a while, and we went out. The date seemed to go OK, it was no where near my best date, and it lasted longer then 20 minutes so it wasn't my worst either. It was an impromtu date because we were supposed to go out the next day instead, so as I was saying good-bye she said that she'd still like to see me the next day to go to the musseum / lunch as we had discussed. So the next morning I check my e-mail and there is an e-mail from my date saying that she's not feeling well, and cancelling our date for the afternoon. She then goes on and gives me a blow-by-blow list of what went wrong with the date the night before, and all but insinuaiting that I was the worst date she had ever had. So I delete the e-mail and make new plans for the day! Later in the afternoon I get another e-mail from her explaining that I really was a terrible person because had I been a gentlemen I would have taken the time to respond to each of the points raised in her earlier e-mail about where the date went wrong.

In an effort to get rid of her I did respond to that e-mail and told her I was not the type to beg for affection, and if she felt the date was that bad she should be looking to date other guys, because I clearly was not the right guy for her! Ciao babe!

--hide--

Peter, maybe they know each other? Gee, everyone's a critic! laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Wow, what a nightmare man. I forgot I had one other nightmare date. I had gone ou...

I forgot I had one other nightmare date. I had gone out with this gal a couple of times. She was nice looking but a little snotty and I attributed that to nerves on her part. So I picked her up on Valentines Day and took her to dinner. Since it was Valentine's day I bought her a very generic "Happy Valentine's day" card. Basically said, "Happy Valentine's day" and I signed it, "Keith." That's it.

She then went on to rant at me how she didn't know me and how inappropriate it was for me to buy her a card. That I was not her boyfriend and that the card really "spooked her."

I turned the car around and she asked me where we were going and I simply saidk, "I'm taking you home." She asked me why and I said, "Because your attitude sucks." She then proceeded to call me names and say that I was a jerk and slammed the car door when I dropped her off. Good riddens.

--hide--

Keith, I also wonder if the roller derby queen and your Valentine knew each other. OUCH.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I'm sure it was horrendous, Jerry, and I'm truly sympathetic. Not laughing a...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

I'm sure it was horrendous, Jerry, and I'm truly sympathetic. Not laughing at you, just laughing near you. And taking notes on these!

We have enough "how to build a fantastic relationship" books. How about one entitled, "How to Alienate the Opposite Sex"? I'm sure it would be a best-seller!

--hide--
It was....but nowadays I probably would have laughed it off. But when you're a teenager....well...everyone knows how that can be.

And NO I don't care if you laugh at me....because when you think about it....it WAS hysterical! I mean the fluid from those drinks seem to "swoosh" forever. I remember one guy going "heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy! with his voice getting louder and louder. He must have been drenched! laughing laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: He didn't ask me a single question.He talked about his job...and only his job. (And it wa...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

He didn't ask me a single question.
He talked about his job...and only his job. (And it was such an obscure one that I could not tell you what it actually was.)
When I ventured to volunteer a comment (other than, "I see" or "Aha") he glared at me as if to say, "Who gave you permission to talk?"

--hide--

Marge, who gave you permission to speak! Go back to the Pink Room! duck I'm kidding! I'm kidding!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: Wow, what a nightmare man. I forgot I had one other nightmare date. I had gone ou...

--hide--

ROTFLMHO!! OMG!! What a nut...first you had guts asking her out on Valentine's Day, ok, let's all have a show of hands as to how many of us would have wanted to have even a coffee date for VDay?! wave and she made a big issue because YOU GAVE HER A CARD?! Man, I would have loved to smack her upside the head! Sheesh...I was thinking...we all should just date and marry everyone in here, problems solved! Because we all have sucky date stories and KNOW...what the deal is...and at least we have our faith in common as well!! Just saying! scratchchin laughing wink

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: It was....but nowadays I probably would have laughed it off. But when you're a teenager....we...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

It was....but nowadays I probably would have laughed it off. But when you're a teenager....well...everyone knows how that can be.

And NO I don't care if you laugh at me....because when you think about it....it WAS hysterical! I mean the fluid from those drinks seem to "swoosh" forever. I remember one guy going "heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy! with his voice getting louder and louder. He must have been drenched!

--hide--

And that right there - TEENAGER - explains the whole nervy thing. You poor boy. Lucky you didn't get beat to a pulp.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

--hide--
Oh my! What a nightmare!

Posts 11 - 20 of 200