Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Reading about going to a movie theater on a date, brings to mind, the time I had a date with this guy fr...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Reading about going to a movie theater on a date, brings to mind, the time I had a date with this guy from Lebonon. He worked at same place I did, he was a lifeguard, and didn't know much about the area. So After work we went to the movie, and as we walked down the ailse to find a seat, we entered in the row, he went in first, then I went in and sat down, I turned my head to look at him, and there he was, seating on top of the seat, smiling at me. It was naturally dark in there, I said what are you doing? He said , I am sitting here. I said You can't sit there like that, you have to put the seat down, he didn't understand, so, I asked him to get up, and I showed him how to do that. Well, I didn't have much to say except just look at him for minute, wondering about him. I am not sure if he understood the movie either, now I can't remember which movie it was.

After the movie we bought a large pizza and took it to my mother's house, my aunts and uncles were visiting, We started to eat the pizza, and he took a slice, and started to fold it all up, everybody sat there watching him, and he would look at them and give a big smile. He was so funny!

Later on that evening he was writing to me on paper, in Arab, then he wanted us to get married, and go back to his country to live in his villa.

I explained that we are just friends, and I couldn't leave the country. He was a peice of work.
--hide--

That guy from Lebanon sure moved fast, Cindy. One date and he was already talking marriage??? eyepopping

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: That guy from Lebanon sure moved fast, Cindy. One date and he was already talking marria...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

That guy from Lebanon sure moved fast, Cindy. One date and he was already talking marriage???

--hide--
I'll say! Between PIZZA and MOVIES we have some nightmare dates in this thread!

Apr 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Steve-111719 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Reading about going to a movie theater on a date, brings to mind, th...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: Reading about going to a movie theater on a date, brings to mind, the time I had a date with this guy from Lebonon. He worked at same place I did, he was a lifeguard, and didn't know much about the area. So After work we went to the movie, and as we walked down the ailse to find a seat, we entered in the row, he went in first, then I went in and sat down, I turned my head to look at him, and there he was, seating on top of the seat, smiling at me. It was naturally dark in there, I said what are you doing? He said , I am sitting here. I said You can't sit there like that, you have to put the seat down, he didn't understand, so, I asked him to get up, and I showed him how to do that. Well, I didn't have much to say except just look at him for minute, wondering about him. I am not sure if he understood the movie either, now I can't remember which movie it was.

After the movie we bought a large pizza and took it to my mother's house, my aunts and uncles were visiting, We started to eat the pizza, and he took a slice, and started to fold it all up, everybody sat there watching him, and he

would look at them and give a big smile. He was so funny!

Later on that evening he was writing to me on paper, in Arab, then he wanted us to get married, and go back to his country to live in his villa.

I explained that we are just friends, and I couldn't leave the country. He was a peice of work.

That guy from Lebanon sure moved fast, Cindy. One date and he was already talking marriage???

--hide--

Honestly! I managed to get away fast. I couldn't even imagine what it would of been like to be married to him. He was a piece of work....but a very friendly, nice guy, just didn't understand much, as how to sit in the seats in the theater, and how to eat pizza, who knows what else.

laughing
Apr 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I'm learning tactics here, Joanna...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

I'm learning tactics here, Joanna...

--hide--

I was a lot more bolder in my younger years wink
Apr 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Joanna, kudos to you. That took guts, and I'm glad he acted like a ge...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

Joanna, kudos to you. That took guts, and I'm glad he acted like a gentleman about the bill, because it's terrible to ask a girl out then make her spend the entire date alone!

--hide--

After I came to terms with the situation, I actually enjoyed myself, chatted with the wait staff and relished the champagne. I don't think we talked more than a few words, but sometimes you just got to accept that some people are seriously lacking in the social graces department.
Apr 24th 2013 new

Hi Lauren!

Now that's funny! I can just see the burrito falling all over your white shorts! laughing laughing

Apr 24th 2013 new

[quote]Josephine- he admitted to me that he was MARKED FOR A HIT! In other words, there was a contract on his life- in other words people wanted to KILL him!

LOL Oh my goodness, Josephine! And I thought I had my hands full with the nut-job ex-con that I told about! At least I was in a little better control of the situation. I just had to remain calm, keep him in my sights and be ready for whatever psycho behavior might ensue - but there you were thrown into possibly an incredibly dangerous position from any direction from an unknown person or persons. Eeek!! eyepopping You poor thing!

Apr 24th 2013 new

Nah. Just means he hasn't been on a date recently enough to remember it. mischievous

Apr 24th 2013 new

That's because you've never gone out with ME. Battling eyelashes

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: Hi Lauren!Now that's funny! I can just see the burrito falling all over your whit...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Hi Lauren!

Now that's funny! I can just see the burrito falling all over your white shorts!

--hide--

It is pretty funny now but at the time I was mortified lol. . .and my white shorts were totally ruined LOL

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200