Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: ROTFLMHO!! OMG!! What a nut...first you had guts asking her out on Valentine's Day,...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

ROTFLMHO!! OMG!! What a nut...first you had guts asking her out on Valentine's Day, ok, let's all have a show of hands as to how many of us would have wanted to have even a coffee date for VDay?! and she made a big issue because YOU GAVE HER A CARD?! Man, I would have loved to smack her upside the head! Sheesh...I was thinking...we all should just date and marry everyone in here, problems solved! Because we all have sucky date stories and KNOW...what the deal is...and at least we have our faith in common as well!! Just saying!

--hide--

Amen sistah!

Apr 22 new

Sophomore in college...met a Freshman from the dorms during Little Sister Rush at our frat. Took her to an Elvis Costello concert in SF with a frat bro driving. We met my frat bro's friend in SF and she flirted with him the whole night. After the concert (and several drinks), she decides she wants to be dropped off at her ex.-boyfriend's house on our drive home (her ex's parents' house being located in the East Bay Area). The last thing I remember is her climbing inside her ex.-boyfriend's bedroom window of his parents' house at 1:00 a.m. as we drove away back to campus. The scariest part is that she actually sent me a card to the frat a few days later saying, 'Hi! Haven't heard from you? Stop by or give me a call....'

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Claudia-964534 said: Okay I will start ... We met online ... We met for coffee .. It went well ... We progressed to ...
(Quote) Claudia-964534 said:

Okay I will start ... We met online ... We met for coffee .. It went well ... We progressed to dinner ... Over the course of the meal, I learned that his former spouse had picked the restaurant for him, she had provided him with a coupon ... and she had succeeded in running me off ... not enough separation between their lives for me to have a chance!

--hide--
Sounds like she was trying to marry him off ,and save money so he would have more left over to pay child support. eyebrow

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Sheesh...I was thinking...we all should just date and marry everyone in here, problems solved! ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

Sheesh...I was thinking...we all should just date and marry everyone in here, problems solved! Because we all have sucky date stories and KNOW...what the deal is...and at least we have our faith in common as well!! Just saying!

--hide--

Great idea Jacqueline! wave laughing

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Peter, maybe they know each other? Gee, everyone's a critic!
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Peter, maybe they know each other? Gee, everyone's a critic!

--hide--

"roller derby queen." Lol. That's funny.

No the indicents were a few years apart. It happened in my late 20's. They should have been sisters though. Two peas in a pod.

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Thomas-958996 said: The scariest part is that she actually sent me a card to the frat a few days later saying, '...
(Quote) Thomas-958996 said:

The scariest part is that she actually sent me a card to the frat a few days later saying, 'Hi! Haven't heard from you? Stop by or give me a call....'

--hide--

So what happened when you called?? laughing laughing laughing faint Curious minds want to know! scratchchin

Apr 22 new

That's right, Brian. We need to hear yours!

I think I, myself, was a "worst" date. Freshman year in college. It might've even been my second or third date of my life. A quiet guy from Cinema class invited me to a Pat Metheny concert. I don't remember the drive to & from, but once in the concert hall, we were rather untalkative. The music was great, but the venue was overwarm, and I had to fight off falling asleep. Once we got back to my house (I still lived with my parents), he discovered his car had a flat tire. I went into the house & told my mother, who forbade me from going back out there and at least keeping him company. She then made me give him back the cost of the concert ticket the following Monday in class. embarassed

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I look back now Alice and laugh but back then....it was mortifying! And that girl and I had more ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I look back now Alice and laugh but back then....it was mortifying! And that girl and I had more than one incident happen to us. That's why we didn't stay exclusive! Anyway i heard she's married and has 3 or 4 grown kids now~

--hide--

This was not my worst first date but my best friend Steve's worst date. I kid you not. This was talked about in the neighborhood for years. My friend Steve and a friend of his went to go see a girl that Steve liked and she was babysitting for a couple at their house. Steve and the gilr were talking and all of a sudden she said to Steve and his friend said, "Oh they're pulling back up, they must have forgotten something."

The babysitter told Steve and his buddy to hide in the closet and they did hide in the closet in the master bedroom. Steve told me that the next thing that he heard was the wife saying to the girl, "Thanks Shelly, we'll call you tomorrow, we'll pay you for the night."

Steve and the other guy were stuck in the closet in this couple's bedroom. Steve told me that it took him over an hour to slowly open the closet door so he could swing it open and run out of the house. He said the couple got into an argument and while they were arguing the man began to open the closet door and Steve put a coat over his head and just sat there. The man closed the door and they turned out the lights. Steve finally got the closet door open far enough to slide it open and him and his friend bolted out of the house. He found out that the man was a cop the next day.

Needless to say that Steve never spoke to the girl ever again as he said he was really mad that she left him and his friend in that position. True story. Steve is still one of my best friends to this day. I still laugh to this day when I press him to tell it to someone.

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: So what happened when you called?? Curious minds want to know!
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

So what happened when you called?? Curious minds want to know!

--hide--

Never called, never stopped by her dorm room. First and last date...always cracks me up! Too many nice girls on the campus to even consider taking that one to a McDonald's - with a coupon. Oddly, at a small school never even bumped into her again until 1 1/2 years later. Just smiled and kept walkin'...

Apr 22 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: So what happened when you called?? Curious minds want to know!
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

So what happened when you called?? Curious minds want to know!

--hide--

Never called, never stopped by her dorm room. First and last date...always cracks me up! Too many nice girls on the campus to even consider taking that one to a McDonald's - with a coupon. Oddly, at a small school never even bumped into her again until 1 1/2 years later. Just smiled and kept walkin'...

Posts 21 - 30 of 200