Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 22nd 2013 new
I am so enjoying this thread! laughing laughing laughing
Apr 22nd 2013 new
Yikes! Amazing story indeed.
Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Okay Brian, Seems like we've done this thread before...because the one I'm going to tell....
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Okay Brian, Seems like we've done this thread before...because the one I'm going to tell.....I've told before.

Btw, Since YOU ARE the "resident bad-boy" you must have some to tell!

I don't remember how many times I had been out with this girl but this particular date was the worst or, most embarassing.
She and I had traveled to downtown Dallas to one of the theaters. Back then there was the Tower, The Palace and The Majestic (which was one of the nicest) The movie was "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (I think) We got there early enough...and went to the balcony. The way the balcony was configured....one had to go up the stairs...and turn...next to the railing and then up some more steps. We had deliberately gone up to get two seats BEFORE getting any snacks so that she "K" could save our seats....because the movie was newly released. So we took our seats and she immediately says, "Lets get a LARGE popcorn and drinks and M&Ms" So she stays and I go down to the crowded snack bar, order the 2 large cokes, large bag of popcorn and M&Ms (which I stuff in my pocket) Off I go to the balcony....but this time...the REAL mob had arrived and I was going up the steps with lots of folks. I was making the final turn at the top with the banister of the balcony right there, when someone "banged" into me. Oops! Both large cokes went overboard with a heavy snow of popcorn! The contents seem to splatter forever below! You never heard so many "flopping" seats in your life...coupled with "What the h.....'s" I was mortified...was actually able to conceal myself with the crowd ascending the rest of the steps. "K" raised both hands in disbelief like: "Did you get my instructions wrong"? I sat down and said they were out of drinks and popcorn and that all we would be dining on...was M&M's!
We made it through the movie. Thank God. But upon exciting the theater she saw the fountain working fine and popcorn popping galore. She looked at me like, "Did you lie?" I said, "I'll tell you everything outside" When we arrived at my car I told her the whole story. She died laughing....laughing so hard she fell against the car with tears streaming down her face. I was not. But later we had a big laugh over it....re-telling it over and over~

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: He didn't ask me a single question.He talked about his job...and only his job. (And it wa...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

He didn't ask me a single question.
He talked about his job...and only his job. (And it was such an obscure one that I could not tell you what it actually was.)
When I ventured to volunteer a comment (other than, "I see" or "Aha") he glared at me as if to say, "Who gave you permission to talk?"

--hide--

laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: This was not my worst first date but my best friend Steve's worst date. I kid you not...
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

This was not my worst first date but my best friend Steve's worst date. I kid you not. This was talked about in the neighborhood for years. My friend Steve and a friend of his went to go see a girl that Steve liked and she was babysitting for a couple at their house. Steve and the gilr were talking and all of a sudden she said to Steve and his friend said, "Oh they're pulling back up, they must have forgotten something."

The babysitter told Steve and his buddy to hide in the closet and they did hide in the closet in the master bedroom. Steve told me that the next thing that he heard was the wife saying to the girl, "Thanks Shelly, we'll call you tomorrow, we'll pay you for the night."

Steve and the other guy were stuck in the closet in this couple's bedroom. Steve told me that it took him over an hour to slowly open the closet door so he could swing it open and run out of the house. He said the couple got into an argument and while they were arguing the man began to open the closet door and Steve put a coat over his head and just sat there. The man closed the door and they turned out the lights. Steve finally got the closet door open far enough to slide it open and him and his friend bolted out of the house. He found out that the man was a cop the next day.

Needless to say that Steve never spoke to the girl ever again as he said he was really mad that she left him and his friend in that position. True story. Steve is still one of my best friends to this day. I still laugh to this day when I press him to tell it to someone.

--hide--
OMG! ROFL!! Keith...btw, welcome to the fora! You are already contributing mightily! These stories are hysterical!
Glad to see someone else in here from Big D! YUH!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: OMG! ROFL!! Keith...btw, welcome to the fora! You are already contributing mightily! These storie...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

OMG! ROFL!! Keith...btw, welcome to the fora! You are already contributing mightily! These stories are hysterical!
Glad to see someone else in here from Big D! YUH!

--hide--

Ditto that. Welcome!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Give us your worst date stories. As for me,Too Many. Please,give us yours.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Give us your worst date stories. As for me,Too Many. Please,give us yours.

--hide--

I have two worst date stories.

Date One: The nephew of the man putting in our heating and air conditioning system when I was 17 or so, asked for my number and called and we set up a date. No sooner had we set up a day and time, did he start calling back asking why I would want to go out with him, etc etc. Finally, the day arrives and he shows up at the house. And, has nothing planned, so I suggest we go to Shotgun Sam's pizza. Fine he says, but doesn't know where it is, do I mind if I drive. Sure I say. We get to the restaurant and order a pizza and sit down. Now mind you, all the way there he has continued going on about how he couldn't believe I would go out with him. Despite my attempts to reassure him and change the subject to anything else, he continues. Finally the pizza comes and we each grab a piece and then he says to me, "I think you're a wine girl." I said "excuse me" and he says, I think you're a wine girl so I have a bottle in the trunk of my car we can have when we go back to your house." I put my pizza down, went to the counter and asked for a box, went back boxed up the pizza and said let's go. He followed me quickly to the car no doubt thinking I am eager to get to the bottle of wine he has in his trunk, mind you in Oklahoma summer heat. I get in, drive straight home, get out of the car, grab the pizza (I'd paid for it) and walked straight into the house. I didn't even say good bye to him. Then I told my brothers they should probably tell him the date is over, which they gleefully did. Start to finish 45 minutes!!

Date Two: About a year before that. One of the guys who worked at Shotgun Sam's Pizza asks for my number and I give it. He calls and we have some nice conversations then he asks me out. He doesn't have a car so do I mind picking him up after work one evening. No problem, lots of people didn't have cars back then or had to share them. I wait for him at a table and when he comes out and takes off his cowboy hat (part of the uniform) he is balding. He asks if I can swing him by his apartment to change and I say sure, but I am starting to wonder just how old this guy is. So he gives me directions to his apartment and it is in an old motel. I stay in the car and wait while he changes. Then he wants to stop at the 7-11, so I do and he comes out with a big bottle of beer and I am really starting to get uncomfortable. So, of course this guy has nothing planned either. I take him by my house, thinking my father will take one look at this guy and tell him to hit the pavement, but he doesn't. Instead, he tells me to run him to his uncle's house, which ended up being on the other side of town. As soon as that guy hit the front door I drove away and left him. By then I was really not comfortable. I went straight home and told my dad about the whole thing and from that point on we had an agreement that I would tell my dad I needed to talk to him for a minute and then I could tell him in private what was making me uncomfortable. I wish that had been the end of it, but a couple of weeks later the guy shows up in our front yard and asks to speak to me, then he starts yelling at me and calling me all sorts of names. Then my dad took care of him. He came flying out the front door and backed him off the porch and sent him packing. That was scary.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Steve has to win the award for the Best Worst Datelaughing laughing

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

--hide--
I know Sandra laughing pretty pitiful huh? Well, this inspires another one...and YES same girl (geez if this girl and I had hooked up I'd have been dead years ago!)
We were in her (2) man sailboat. Now granted, I had never been in ANY kind of sailboat in my life...but it was a gorgeous day and she wanted us to take it to White Rock Lake right here in Dallas. She puts yours truly back there (at the tiller) and she sort of lays back facing me. The wind was up that day and pushed the tiny boat through the water at a good speed. So she, "K" is sitting there facing me "sunning"with the nose of the boat above her head. She only mentioned ONE time for me to keep my hands on the tiller (so she said...I don't believe I heard her say it) But even if she did I didn't know what would happen if you let go. So I saw a fish or something jump right next to our boat and pointed and said, "Look!" while letting go of the tiller with the other hand too. She saw what I did and was a moment late in saying "Grab the tiller Jerry, grab it!!!"
Well Jerry didn't respond fast enough and the little craft turned over! Oops! Capsized! It dumped the contents including our ice chest me and of course "K" who was livid! Anyway...she was SO ANGRY she refused to swim. So I at least WAS a decent swimmer and grabbed the rope and swam the boat and her in. She was just hanging on to the back with this "I'm gonna kill you look"! We got it in...where she just SAT on the shore. I...on the other hand knew the lake was shallow and swam while she was saying "What the h... are you doing?" I had the rope with me and swam to the approximate area we dumped the ice chest. I found it with my feet since visibility at the lake is zero. I then dove down (was only about 4 to 5 feet and tied the rope on one of the handles. I swam till I could touch bottom and pulled the chest in. Guess what the only stroke of luck was that day? It had landed sitting upright! No contents had dumped out. "K" never did thank me for that...but I learned some lessons that day~

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I have two worst date stories. Date One: The nephew of the man putting in our he...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I have two worst date stories.

Date One: The nephew of the man putting in our heating and air conditioning system when I was 17 or so, asked for my number and called and we set up a date. No sooner had we set up a day and time, did he start calling back asking why I would want to go out with him, etc etc. Finally, the day arrives and he shows up at the house. And, has nothing planned, so I suggest we go to Shotgun Sam's pizza. Fine he says, but doesn't know where it is, do I mind if I drive. Sure I say. We get to the restaurant and order a pizza and sit down. Now mind you, all the way there he has continued going on about how he couldn't believe I would go out with him. Despite my attempts to reassure him and change the subject to anything else, he continues. Finally the pizza comes and we each grab a piece and then he says to me, "I think you're a wine girl." I said "excuse me" and he says, I think you're a wine girl so I have a bottle in the trunk of my car we can have when we go back to your house." I put my pizza down, went to the counter and asked for a box, went back boxed up the pizza and said let's go. He followed me quickly to the car no doubt thinking I am eager to get to the bottle of wine he has in his trunk, mind you in Oklahoma summer heat. I get in, drive straight home, get out of the car, grab the pizza (I'd paid for it) and walked straight into the house. I didn't even say good bye to him. Then I told my brothers they should probably tell him the date is over, which they gleefully did. Start to finish 45 minutes!!

Date Two: About a year before that. One of the guys who worked at Shotgun Sam's Pizza asks for my number and I give it. He calls and we have some nice conversations then he asks me out. He doesn't have a car so do I mind picking him up after work one evening. No problem, lots of people didn't have cars back then or had to share them. I wait for him at a table and when he comes out and takes off his cowboy hat (part of the uniform) he is balding. He asks if I can swing him by his apartment to change and I say sure, but I am starting to wonder just how old this guy is. So he gives me directions to his apartment and it is in an old motel. I stay in the car and wait while he changes. Then he wants to stop at the 7-11, so I do and he comes out with a big bottle of beer and I am really starting to get uncomfortable. So, of course this guy has nothing planned either. I take him by my house, thinking my father will take one look at this guy and tell him to hit the pavement, but he doesn't. Instead, he tells me to run him to his uncle's house, which ended up being on the other side of town. As soon as that guy hit the front door I drove away and left him. By then I was really not comfortable. I went straight home and told my dad about the whole thing and from that point on we had an agreement that I would tell my dad I needed to talk to him for a minute and then I could tell him in private what was making me uncomfortable. I wish that had been the end of it, but a couple of weeks later the guy shows up in our front yard and asks to speak to me, then he starts yelling at me and calling me all sorts of names. Then my dad took care of him. He came flying out the front door and backed him off the porch and sent him packing. That was scary.

--hide--

Whoa! Those (!) are bad...

Posts 31 - 40 of 200