Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I have two worst date stories. Date One: The nephew of the man putting in our he...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I have two worst date stories.

Date One: The nephew of the man putting in our heating and air conditioning system when I was 17 or so, asked for my number and called and we set up a date. No sooner had we set up a day and time, did he start calling back asking why I would want to go out with him, etc etc. Finally, the day arrives and he shows up at the house. And, has nothing planned, so I suggest we go to Shotgun Sam's pizza. Fine he says, but doesn't know where it is, do I mind if I drive. Sure I say. We get to the restaurant and order a pizza and sit down. Now mind you, all the way there he has continued going on about how he couldn't believe I would go out with him. Despite my attempts to reassure him and change the subject to anything else, he continues. Finally the pizza comes and we each grab a piece and then he says to me, "I think you're a wine girl." I said "excuse me" and he says, I think you're a wine girl so I have a bottle in the trunk of my car we can have when we go back to your house." I put my pizza down, went to the counter and asked for a box, went back boxed up the pizza and said let's go. He followed me quickly to the car no doubt thinking I am eager to get to the bottle of wine he has in his trunk, mind you in Oklahoma summer heat. I get in, drive straight home, get out of the car, grab the pizza (I'd paid for it) and walked straight into the house. I didn't even say good bye to him. Then I told my brothers they should probably tell him the date is over, which they gleefully did. Start to finish 45 minutes!!

Date Two: About a year before that. One of the guys who worked at Shotgun Sam's Pizza asks for my number and I give it. He calls and we have some nice conversations then he asks me out. He doesn't have a car so do I mind picking him up after work one evening. No problem, lots of people didn't have cars back then or had to share them. I wait for him at a table and when he comes out and takes off his cowboy hat (part of the uniform) he is balding. He asks if I can swing him by his apartment to change and I say sure, but I am starting to wonder just how old this guy is. So he gives me directions to his apartment and it is in an old motel. I stay in the car and wait while he changes. Then he wants to stop at the 7-11, so I do and he comes out with a big bottle of beer and I am really starting to get uncomfortable. So, of course this guy has nothing planned either. I take him by my house, thinking my father will take one look at this guy and tell him to hit the pavement, but he doesn't. Instead, he tells me to run him to his uncle's house, which ended up being on the other side of town. As soon as that guy hit the front door I drove away and left him. By then I was really not comfortable. I went straight home and told my dad about the whole thing and from that point on we had an agreement that I would tell my dad I needed to talk to him for a minute and then I could tell him in private what was making me uncomfortable. I wish that had been the end of it, but a couple of weeks later the guy shows up in our front yard and asks to speak to me, then he starts yelling at me and calling me all sorts of names. Then my dad took care of him. He came flying out the front door and backed him off the porch and sent him packing. That was scary.

--hide--
My word Lauren! Is that Shotgun Sam's still open?

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: My word Lauren! Is that Shotgun Sam's still open?
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

My word Lauren! Is that Shotgun Sam's still open?

--hide--

LOL I know, I was thinking the same thing as I was writing it. Nope there were two and they both closed, but it was where we always went, sometimes on the weekends they would have live music. And, we always went there after ball games and for youth group events lol. We went to the other one farther north in the city for my sixteenth birthday and one of my friend's older brothers was sent to get us because bad weather had come in and we spent the rest of the night under the crawl space of their house because of tornados lol. . .

Apr 22nd 2013 new

This story seems rather bland compared to the rest of your experiences.

There was a young man in our neighborhood who had a crush on me & wanted to take me out. It turned out that I had to drive us into Chicago (from the NW corner of IN--not too far, really) in my father's car. I wanted to see a special horse show & we needed tickets to actually get a seat which apparently he couldn't afford, so we STOOD outside the gates for a while, could hardly see anything but the tops of people's heads. What a waste of time! He was very shy, to boot, so we didn't even have a good conversation that day. At Christmas time, he sent me a very elaborate card. I just rolled my eyes.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Oh my Carol....I'm sorry. Though it IS funny! lol!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: LOL I know, I was thinking the same thing as I was writing it. Nope there were two and ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

LOL I know, I was thinking the same thing as I was writing it. Nope there were two and they both closed, but it was where we always went, sometimes on the weekends they would have live music. And, we always went there after ball games and for youth group events lol. We went to the other one farther north in the city for my sixteenth birthday and one of my friend's older brothers was sent to get us because bad weather had come in and we spent the rest of the night under the crawl space of their house because of tornados lol. . .

--hide--
Yeah Lauren I was thinking... Whoa! They don't screen their employees to well! lol!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

This boggles my mind. boggled
Did HE tell you all this? (Could a man be that stupid?) Or did she show up and tell you herself? wide eyed

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Hey, the only reason I'm here is to shoot off my mouth. biggrin

Apr 22nd 2013 new

You're a good man, dude. I would have been tempted to send HER a blow-by-blow dissection of HER performance as a date.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-958996 said: Whoa! Those (!) are bad...
(Quote) Thomas-958996 said:

Whoa! Those (!) are bad...

--hide--

Yep, forgot to add that the second guy was in his thirties and the motel was a halfway house for parolees LOL. He had said he was 19 and until he took his hat off he looked it LOL. After that the rule was that they had to come to the house and meet my parents before I could go out with them and absolutely no honking the horn for me to come out. One boy tried that and got my dad instead, never saw him again lol.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

I'm dying to know what the fellow's parents said in the morning.

Posts 41 - 50 of 200