Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jun 06 new
I take "in process" to mean that one is seeking annulment discernment now. It really means "unsure" until discerned, but shows due dilligence on the person's part. This is basically a "no" to me (erring on the side of caution), but it gives a bit more information about their particular situation.

"Unsure" to me means that the discernment process has not begun and that the person has done little work and does not have a clear answer. This needs more particular initiative, from my perspective. If I noticed someone to have an "unsure" status for more than one month, I would interpret that person as a PLAYER here. Yeah, that's just me :)

So, I feel that I can only freely approach the "yes". Those I trust, but before entering into a relationship one is entitled to verify :) since it has been pointed out that not all yeses are really a yes, either.
Jun 06 new
(quote) John-971967 said: I take "in process" to mean that one is seeking annulment discernment now. It really means "unsure" until discerned, but shows due dilligence on the person's part. This is basically a "no" to me (erring on the side of caution), but it gives a bit more information about their particular situation.

"Unsure" to me means that the discernment process has not begun and that the person has done little work and does not have a clear answer. This needs more particular initiative, from my perspective. If I noticed someone to have an "unsure" status for more than one month, I would interpret that person as a PLAYER here. Yeah, that's just me :)

So, I feel that I can only freely approach the "yes". Those I trust, but before entering into a relationship one is entitled to verify :) since it has been pointed out that not all yeses are really a yes, either.
John, your well stated response/post is why I have a problem with the "Free To Marry" question being answered by four choices ...too many words to say "yes" or "no". wide eyed

"Yes" is clear! "No" may need to be qualified depending on the respondent.

"In Process" is clear but still "No". "Unsure" is not as clear but is most likely a "No", too.

"Unsure"(A) could be taken as "I don't know if my annulment has finally come through yet because I haven't received notification".

"Unsure"(B) because you don't understand the question and/or have no idea what "Free To Marry" means is not a good answer!!

My solution...add a dropdown expansion for "No". Choices would be "In Process" or "Unsure"
Jun 13 new
In Process also serves as a clear signal that one understands that the annulment process is necessary. Think of it as a good way to spot persons who accept the Church's teaching on the subject.
Jun 13 new
I found much wisdom in the comments above. I can only add, the stack of questionnaires I was handed would have intimidated Aquinas. So I take "in process" to mean, I'm running around gathering documents, filling out questionnaires, answering questions more difficult than final exams my senior year at college, calling my parish I attended when age 1/2 for my birth certificate, and the parish at age 12 for my confirmation certificate (after I finally found them), and so on.

I mean, annulment can be a lengthy process. I know. Worthwhile, but tedious and lengthy.

Good luck. God bless.
Jun 13 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said:  I can only add, the stack of questionnaires I was handed would have intimidated Aquinas. So I take "in process" to mean, I'm running around gathering documents, filling out questionnaires, answering questions more difficult than final exams my senior year at college.

laughing ^truth
Jun 14 new
Thank you for your Post...
For anyone who has not done the process...it is VERY difficult. In my Diocese...you literally have to write a book.
I bought a "throw away" laptop to work on my annulment at work....
For some it can be emotionaly exhausting.

I am turning mine in next week...I literally shelved the thing because I was so frustrated with the process..
I was only married a short while and divorced civilly...So I would literally skip a few years and get to it again.

I say..in process because I am sure mine will be granted.
I have a cannon lawyer working on mine...and has worked on the tribunal before.

Jun 14 new
Amen to that! faint
Jun 14 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said: I found much wisdom in the comments above. I can only add, the stack of questionnaires I was handed would have intimidated Aquinas. So I take "in process" to mean, I'm running around gathering documents, filling out questionnaires, answering questions more difficult than final exams my senior year at college, calling my parish I attended when age 1/2 for my birth certificate, and the parish at age 12 for my confirmation certificate (after I finally found them), and so on.

I mean, annulment can be a lengthy process. I know. Worthwhile, but tedious and lengthy.

Good luck. God bless.
Amen to that! faint
Sorry about the double post...I'm a newbie rolling eyes
Jun 14 new
(quote) AnnMarie-978607 said: Thank you for your Post...
For anyone who has not done the process...it is VERY difficult. In my Diocese...you literally have to write a book.
I bought a "throw away" laptop to work on my annulment at work....
For some it can be emotionaly exhausting.

I am turning mine in next week...I literally shelved the thing because I was so frustrated with the process..
I was only married a short while and divorced civilly...So I would literally skip a few years and get to it again.

I say..in process because I am sure mine will be granted.
I have a cannon lawyer working on mine...and has worked on the tribunal before.

Welcome to the forums Ann Marie!! hug

And Praying as you finish and turn in your annulment work. Yes, it's exhausting, but worth the process!!
Jun 15 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: Welcome to the forums Ann Marie!!

And as you finish and turn in your annulment work. Yes, it's exhausting, but worth the process!
Thank you! biggrin

It is very intimidating! eyepopping
Posts 11 - 20 of 24