Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 23 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: "The controversial moment SWAT teams order...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

"The controversial moment SWAT teams ordered innocent neighbors out of their houses at GUNPOINT during door-to-door searches for the Boston bomber"

"Officials used Dumitru Ciuc's home as a staging area, taking out the windows and ripping down curtains and window blinds to monitor the boat."

"'They didn't say nothing,' about why they were there."

"'They just said leave the house and go up the street.'"

"While the circumstances clearly led many to be sympathetic to the needs of the police, now that the manhunt is over, critics are fearful of the consequences of such cooperation in the future."

"The specific concerns stems from the rejection of the Fourth Amendment, which protects citizens from unreasonable searches and seizures."

Video at bottom of page. www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--

And if they didn't force people out of their houses and the kid started shooting before they moved in to grab him, there would have been no end to the number of lawyers parachuting into that town to sue for the failure of the authorities to protect the citizenry from an armed and dangerous suspect.

Apr 23 new

(Quote) William-607613 said:And if they didn't force people out of their houses and the kid started shooting before they mo...
(Quote) William-607613 said:
And if they didn't force people out of their houses and the kid started shooting before they moved in to grab him, there would have been no end to the number of lawyers parachuting into that town to sue for the failure of the authorities to protect the citizenry from an armed and dangerous suspect.

--hide--

Agreed. In order to clear a house you need to make sure all of the innocent people are walked out. That way, if there's someone in there with a WMD, it will minimize the loss of life in case it goes off.

Same goes for them using the house for getting a good firing line on the guy in the boat. At that point no one knew if he had a WMD strapped to his body or not. And who knows if there was a can of gas in the boat as well. Typical to have a 5 gallon external fuel tank(s) on boats like that one. So, imagine the spray of fuel/oil that would have resulted if that were combined with what suspect #1 had strapped to himself. Especially if there are then heating oil fuel tanks in the garage, or gas mains along the house. This could have played out far far worse than it did. These guys did a helluva job protecting the citizens.

Apr 23 new

From what I know of this at this time, I don't think that this situation tramples on the 4th amendment (of unreasonable search and seizure).

The threat was very imminent, very grave and very well defined.... So I would argue that what they were doing was not "unreasonable". Probably just about everyone living in that neighborhood was tuned into the actions of the police on their TV or radio. It should have been no mystery why the police were at the door. The officers were not entering the homes to go on a fishing expedition. They were looking for a very specific terrorist and any associated weapons. This would be a different story if the police had entered one of the homes in search of the terrorist, found no terrorist, but found illegal drugs (of the homeowner's)..... Then later tried to prosecute the homeowner because of the illegal drugs that they inadvertently found in the process of searching for the terrorist. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think those charges would hold up in court. Ed

Apr 23 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: From what I know of this at this time, I don't think that this situation tramples on the 4th amen...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

From what I know of this at this time, I don't think that this situation tramples on the 4th amendment (of unreasonable search and seizure).

The threat was very imminent, very grave and very well defined.... So I would argue that what they were doing was not "unreasonable". Probably just about everyone living in that neighborhood was tuned into the actions of the police on their TV or radio. It should have been no mystery why the police were at the door. The officers were not entering the homes to go on a fishing expedition. They were looking for a very specific terrorist and any associated weapons. This would be a different story if the police had entered one of the homes in search of the terrorist, found no terrorist, but found illegal drugs (of the homeowner's)..... Then later tried to prosecute the homeowner because of the illegal drugs that they inadvertently found in the process of searching for the terrorist. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think those charges would hold up in court. Ed

--hide--
True, Ed. This was not a "search & seizure" situation. The purpose of commandeering the home was to set up a nearby command post in quick order, having acted upon reliable evidence that the suspect was nearby. The actions of law enforcement were to protect innocent citizens from harm, not to search a family's home or effect arrests of that family's members.

The search and seizure concept wouldn't seem to apply in this scenario.

That being said, I hope they rehung the draperies for those folks....

Apr 23 new

"The controversial moment SWAT teams ordered innocent neighbors out of their houses at GUNPOINT during door-to-door searches for the Boston bomber"

"Officials used Dumitru Ciuc's home as a staging area, taking out the windows and ripping down curtains and window blinds to monitor the boat."

"While the circumstances clearly led many to be sympathetic to the needs of the police, now that the manhunt is over, critics are fearful of the consequences of such cooperation in the future."

"The specific concerns stems from the rejection of the Fourth Amendment, which protects citizens from unreasonable searches and seizures."

--hide--
Bernie -- come out with your hands up and surrender peacefully. laughing

Apr 23 new

--hide--

Yeah...two of the trained Islamofascist attack dogs got on the loose, so the whole city had to be shut down. Meanwhile, a town blew up in Texas but the focus is still on Boston. The "establishment" certainly knows how to manipulate media!

What's next? An invasion of the Caucasus region of Russia to stop the Islamofascists NATO put there in the first place? What a joke.

Apr 23 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said:
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--
Liberal lawyers,of course.On the other hand,unless a Policeman is in "hot pursuit",he needs a warrant to enter a house.

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Liberal lawyers,of course.On the other hand,unless a Policeman is in "hot pursuit",he n...

Liberal lawyers,of course.On the other hand,unless a Policeman is in "hot pursuit",he needs a warrant to enter a house.

--hide--
There are exceptions, of course.

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Liberal lawyers,of course.On the other hand,unles...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

There are exceptions, of course.

--hide--
Like...?

Apr 24 new

--hide--

Of course these are valid concerns , however; I support the decision of the Law Enforcement Agencies on this one. They are actually protecting the people but it's so unfortunate how some fuss about it.

Posts 11 - 20 of 61