Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Yesterday, the Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan of Aleppo, Yohanna Ibrahim, and the Greek Orthodox Metropolitan of Aleppo, Paul Yagizi, were kidnapped by armed men who attack as they were returning to their home city from Turkey. Their driver was killed in the attack.

www.aleteia.org

Pope Francis responded with intense prayer for their safe release, which, thanks be to God, have been answered since reports are they have been released.

www.catholicnewsagency.com

This once again points out how fragile the situation is becoming in that country for the 10% of the population who are Christian, many of whom escaped from places like Iraq due to persecutions that occured there in the wake of the U.S. invasion of that country in 2003.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

Steven,

Thanks for posting this. The article that I read (from some secular source) simply said that "two bishops" were kidnapped and their driver was killed.

Ed

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Yesterday, the Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan of Aleppo, Yohanna Ibrahim, and the Greek Orthodox M...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Yesterday, the Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan of Aleppo, Yohanna Ibrahim, and the Greek Orthodox Metropolitan of Aleppo, Paul Yagizi, were kidnapped by armed men who attack as they were returning to their home city from Turkey. Their driver was killed in the attack.

www.aleteia.org

Pope Francis responded with intense prayer for their safe release, which, thanks be to God, have been answered since reports are they have been released.

www.catholicnewsagency.com

This once again points out how fragile the situation is becoming in that country for the 10% of the population who are Christian, many of whom escaped from places like Iraq due to persecutions that occured there in the wake of the U.S. invasion of that country in 2003.

--hide--

It is very tenuous over there. The Christians should go to Jordon. It is safer over there. There is a Catholic presence in Jordan.
Syria will never be safe for them again.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: It is very tenuous over there. The Christians should go to Jordon. It is safer over th...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

It is very tenuous over there. The Christians should go to Jordon. It is safer over there. There is a Catholic presence in Jordan.

--hide--

BTW, the reports that the Metropolitans of Aleppo were released the next day are incorrect. They are still missing.

www.zenit.org

Apr 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: It is very tenuous over there. The Christians should go to Jordon. It is safer over there. There ...

--hide--

Christians have been in Syria since the apostolic times. It's particularly hard when it's your home.
Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: BTW, the reports that the Metropolitans of Aleppo were released the next day are incorr...

BTW, the reports that the Metropolitans of Aleppo were released the next day are incorrect. They are still missing.

www.zenit.org

--hide--

That is not a good thing that they are still held captive.

BTW, Steven, how did you get interested in that website, ZENIT? I never even heard of it.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: That is not a good thing that they are still held captive. BTW, Steven, how di...

That is not a good thing that they are still held captive.

BTW, Steven, how did you get interested in that website, ZENIT? I never even heard of it.

--hide--

Zenit is a common Catholic news source. I linked to it through Pewsitter.com.

pewsitter.com

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Zenit is a common Catholic news source. I linked to it through Pewsitter.com. ht...

Zenit is a common Catholic news source. I linked to it through Pewsitter.com.

pewsitter.com

--hide--

You know, Steven, I wonder what else the media is keeping from the world, and what the media has overblown to make
its own point?

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: You know, Steven, I wonder what else the media is keeping from the world, and what the...

You know, Steven, I wonder what else the media is keeping from the world, and what the media has overblown to make
its own point?

--hide--

Here is an article from WND.com. Now, the article, being from a neo-conservative site, does overblow Republican desire to send armed troops into Syria, does make it clear that the Obama administration is supporting groups that are Sunni Islamic jihaddis against Christians and those the Sunni believe are heretical groups of Muslims.

www.wnd.com

Al Kresta has had guests that explain the real nature of Islam. It's not a religion of peace since only those who are exactly Islamic are considered fully human; thus the region has been unstable ever since the Islamic invasions.

old.avemariaradio.net

May 3rd 2013 new

Step 1: whip up radical Muslims funded by wealthy royals from Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states. Make sure they kill or intimidate any priest, bishop, imam or political leader who opposes Saudi-style barbarism. Give radical Muslims chemical weapons and blame Assad for any attacks using those weapons.

Step 2: send US/NATO forces to take over countries destabilized by radical Muslims.

Step 3: build gas pipeline bypassing Russia.

Step 4: $$$$

Posts 1 - 10 of 13