Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Has anone heard about this? What are your thoughts on the FCC alowing non-sexual nudity or isolated expletives.

apps.fcc.gov

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Kate-806727 said: Has anone heard about this? What are your thoughts on the FCC alowing non-sexual nudity or isolate...
(Quote) Kate-806727 said:

Has anone heard about this? What are your thoughts on the FCC alowing non-sexual nudity or isolated expletives.

apps.fcc.gov

--hide--

That was done a long time ago.

If I am not mistaken, the current action is to review its policies with an eye towards make the regulations on this more restritive than they have been. At least that is what has been reported.

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: That was done a long time ago. If I am not mistaken, the current action is to revi...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

That was done a long time ago.

If I am not mistaken, the current action is to review its policies with an eye towards make the regulations on this more restritive than they have been. At least that is what has been reported.

--hide--

My understanding from reading the public notice is that they are looking to make the regulations more relaxed because the number of violations created a huge backlog. They ended up dismissing many of the violations because they were beyond the statue of limitations and were not worth pursuing. I am a member of One Million Moms, a group that while is a little more conservitive than I am, is encouraging people to urge the FCC not to change their standards.

I get that times have changes, but I'm against my son seeing and hearing anything on TV, especially in the name of comedy, that will get me a call from the school!

Apr 24 new
(Quote) Kate-806727 said: My understanding from reading the public notice is that they are looking to...

My understanding from reading the public notice is that they are looking to make the regulations more relaxed because the number of violations created a huge backlog. They ended up dismissing many of the violations because they were beyond the statue of limitations and were not worth pursuing. I am a member of One Million Moms, a group that while is a little more conservitive than I am, is encouraging people to urge the FCC not to change their standards.

I get that times have changes, but I'm against my son seeing and hearing anything on TV, especially in the name of comedy, that will get me a call from the school!

--hide--
Hi Kate, Thank you for your thread. A while back someone offered a detailed post about the proposed changes. Their helpful suggestions are as follows: www.catholicmatch.com

"The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced it is considering dropping current broadcast decency standards that ban explicit profanity and "non-sexual" nudity.

You can read the press release from the FCC

transition.fcc.gov

Please send in complaint by following the below steps, that they do not drop the old standards.

Thanks,

Brandon

Specifically, if enacted, the new FCC policy would allow network television and local radio stations to air the f-word, the s-word and to allow programs to show frontal female nudity, even during hours when they know children will be watching and listening.

It is accepting comments on the proposal from the viewing public until the end of April.

Current broadcast decency law prohibits expletives and nudity, even if brief or "fleeting." The Supreme Court has upheld the law as constitutionally enforceable by the FCC, despite lawsuit attempts by networks NBC and FOX to overturn it.

TAKE ACTION

Submit your comments to the FCC, urging it to reject any changes to the current policy.

The FCC will not accept general email comments. To be valid, you are required to file a formal comment via the FCC's website.

Please follow these instruction carefully, to insure your comment is accepted by the FCC:

1. Go to apps.fcc.gov

2. Enter the code "13-86" in the "Proceeding Number" box and fill out the few remaining required fields.

3. Enter your comment in the text box provided and click "Continue."

4. From there, review your comment and click "Confirm."

Here is a sample comment you may submit:

I oppose any changes to the current FCC indecency standards that would allow television and radio stations to broadcast expletives and nudity on the public airwaves, even if brief or "fleeting."

The Supreme Court has confirmed the FCC&'s authority to enforce policies regarding expletives and nudity, especially during times when children are likely to be watching or listening.

Relaxing the current policy would not serve the public interest and I urge the FCC to reject all proposals that would allow for the broadcast of expletives and nudity on FCC-licensed stations."
Apr 24 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Hi Kate, Thank you for your thread. A while back someone offered a detailed post about the proposed chang...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Hi Kate, Thank you for your thread. A while back someone offered a detailed post about the proposed changes. Their helpful suggestions are as follows: www.catholicmatch.com

"The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced it is considering dropping current broadcast decency standards that ban explicit profanity and "non-sexual" nudity.

You can read the press release from the FCC

transition.fcc.gov

Please send in complaint by following the below steps, that they do not drop the old standards.

Thanks,

Brandon

Specifically, if enacted, the new FCC policy would allow network television and local radio stations to air the f-word, the s-word and to allow programs to show frontal female nudity, even during hours when they know children will be watching and listening.

It is accepting comments on the proposal from the viewing public until the end of April.

Current broadcast decency law prohibits expletives and nudity, even if brief or "fleeting." The Supreme Court has upheld the law as constitutionally enforceable by the FCC, despite lawsuit attempts by networks NBC and FOX to overturn it.

TAKE ACTION

Submit your comments to the FCC, urging it to reject any changes to the current policy.

The FCC will not accept general email comments. To be valid, you are required to file a formal comment via the FCC's website.

Please follow these instruction carefully, to insure your comment is accepted by the FCC:

1. Go to apps.fcc.gov

2. Enter the code "13-86" in the "Proceeding Number" box and fill out the few remaining required fields.

3. Enter your comment in the text box provided and click "Continue."

4. From there, review your comment and click "Confirm."

Here is a sample comment you may submit:

I oppose any changes to the current FCC indecency standards that would allow television and radio stations to broadcast expletives and nudity on the public airwaves, even if brief or "fleeting."

The Supreme Court has confirmed the FCC&'s authority to enforce policies regarding expletives and nudity, especially during times when children are likely to be watching or listening.

Relaxing the current policy would not serve the public interest and I urge the FCC to reject all proposals that would allow for the broadcast of expletives and nudity on FCC-licensed stations."
--hide--

That looks like the e-mail that I received from One Million Moms. I have already voiced my opinion on the subject. I was just curious as to what others thought about this and also to raise awareness about the other issue. I apparently missed the other CM thread.

Apr 24 new

(Quote) Kate-806727 said: My understanding from reading the public notice is that they are looking to ...

--hide--

Guess I did not read the article properly when I saw it or am remembering something from way back when community standards really existed. Thanks for the info.

Apr 24 new
(Quote) Kate-806727 said: That looks like the e-mail that I received from One Million Moms. I have a...

That looks like the e-mail that I received from One Million Moms. I have already voiced my opinion on the subject. I was just curious as to what others thought about this and also to raise awareness about the other issue. I apparently missed the other CM thread.

--hide--
It's great you are bringing awareness to this subject. I completely agree with you.
Apr 24 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Guess I did not read the article properly when I saw it or am remembering something from ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Guess I did not read the article properly when I saw it or am remembering something from way back when community standards really existed. Thanks for the info.

--hide--

No problem Paul. If you haven't already voiced your opinion on this potential chance, Mary posted a link to the FCC website where you can weigh in on the issue.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8