Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Quotations

Apr 24th 2013 new

I think this thread was started before, but I couldn't find it to add on to it so...

You deserve someone who would jump fences to be with you not someone who is on the fence about being with you.

Imagine meeting someone who understood even the dustiest corners of your mixed-up soul.

God knows who belongs in your life and who doesn't. Trust and let go. Whoever is meant to be there will still be there.

Apr 24th 2013 new

Here's a moving quotation: ( smile)

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. - Julius (Groucho) Marx

Apr 24th 2013 new

Yes, Kevin, we do need levity, too!

Apr 24th 2013 new

It seems I'm being reminded today in various ways to "Let go & let God". Here's one from Tony Evans:

Hope is confident expectation that God is going to do what He says he will do. Never give up. He's got it.

Apr 24th 2013 new

My quotation is from the T.V. show Mad Men.

Joan Harris to Don Draper: "My husband served me with divorce papers, as if he has the moral highground to do so. "

Don Draper: Well congratulations.

Joan Harris: For what?

Don Draper: For getting divorced. Nobody ever realizes how bad it has to get for that to happen. You'll meet somebody better.

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Yes, Kevin, we do need levity, too!
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Yes, Kevin, we do need levity, too!

--hide--

I never heard that quotation before. smile

Apr 25th 2013 new

If you put your heart heartbeat in God's hands,He will put your heart heart in the hands of a worthy person.

If you're going to love lovestruck! . then you also have to be open to getting hurt and being disappointed. sad

May 25th 2013 new
You must do the thing you think you cannot do. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

And the trouble is, if you dont risk anything, you risk even more. (Erica Jong)

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. (Helen Keller)

Look twice before you leap. (Charlotte Bronte)

Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation! (Jane Austen)

Part of the trouble is that Ive never properly understood that some disasters accumulate, that they dont all land like a child out of an apple tree. (Janet Burroway)

Trouble is a part of your life, and if you dont share it, you dont give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough. (Dinah Shore)

The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. (Martha Washington)

Some thingsarrive on their own mysterious hour, on their own terms and not yours, to be seized or relinquished forever. (Gail Godwin)

Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life. (Sophia Loren)

That is the bestto laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny. (Gloria Vanderbilt)

A difference of taste in jokes is a great strain on the affections. (George Eliot)

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head. (Sally Kempton)

Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstonebut not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding. (Bette Davis)

Love from one being to another can only be that two solitudes come nearer, recognize and protect and comfort each other. (Han Suyin)

One of the oldest human needs is having someone to wonder where you are when you dont come home at night. (Margaret Mead)

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you dont try. (Beverly Sills)

One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done. (Marie Curie)

We dont see things as they are; we see things as we are. (Anais Nin)

Dont compromise yourself. You are all youve got. (Janis Joplin)
May 26th 2013 new
Lina, Thanks for all the quotations--they were wonderful!

Here's one I found on Pinterest yesterday but there was no source listed:

As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that will make you happier than you originally planned. That's what you call God's Will!

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life.
May 27th 2013 new
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." --Doug Larson
Posts 1 - 10 of 14