Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: As it relates to the definition of:"Bravery, Courtesy, Honor and Gallantry towards Women&quo...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

As it relates to the definition of:"Bravery, Courtesy, Honor and Gallantry towards Women" I believe it still exists....just maybe not like it was.

Ladies- Can you cite examples you've experienced or witnessed?

Guys: Can you cite INSTANCES....base on YOUR experiences or others?

Okay maybe this will qualify: The other day an elderly lady was walking slowly with a cane towards the door of a convenience store. I was right behind her trying to hurry up. She reached up to get the door and when she did she dropped the cane with the other hand. So I said, "I'll help you maam" I grabbed the cane and gave it to her while getting the door and holding it open. She said, "Oh...thank you young man" (I liked that part!)

--hide--

The guys at work always hold the door for me and wave me in before them. : )

(I work in IT and wear a skirt every day.... I blame it on that)

May 1st 2013 new

Jerry, you certainly are not letting chivalry die. You have many heart warming stories. We need more gentlemen like you. Keep up the good work.

May 2nd 2013 new
I was at the grocery store today to buy a flowering plant for Neill's dental hygienist and we both got to the register at the same time. The person said, "you go ahead, I have all these things". Gratefully, I said thank you as I touched his arm and he said " I am glad to get that out of the way...my good deed".

Yes, chivalry is alive and kicking!

Eileen
May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-636764 said: Jerry, you certainly are not letting chivalry die. You have many heart warming stories. We need m...
(Quote) Carol-636764 said:

Jerry, you certainly are not letting chivalry die. You have many heart warming stories. We need more gentlemen like you. Keep up the good work.

--hide--
Well thank Carol. And welcome to the forums!

May 5th 2013 new

Meant to say "thank you" Sorry~

May 5th 2013 new

Visit the school where I teach and you will see chivalry. I teach my kids as soon as they get in my class that the boys should treat the girls like Mary and the girls should treat the boys like Jesus. The boys open the doors for my girls and let them go first through a door. They aren't perfect but they try. What's funny is it is harder for the girl to be served than it is for the boy to be the servant. :)

May 5th 2013 new
This past winter, it was a very cold day, and the wind was terrible, it was raining and snowing a little, I went shopping for groceries at the market, and came out with the cart and walked to my car, I was freezing and must of looked it, a man was walking behind me and just happened to be parked next to my car, I opened the back up and just reached for a bag, he ran over and said, let me help get these in the car, he was smiling and was very kind. I smiled and thanked him, he said sure thing, it's too cold out here for you. I also had a cold, so it was appreciated.

I often think about the kind things people out of nowhere do for me, and I thank God for the wonderful people I meet along the way.

Funny, they never expect anything in return. So, I pray for their happiness.
May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: This past winter, it was a very cold day, and the wind was terrible, it was raining and snowing a little...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: This past winter, it was a very cold day, and the wind was terrible, it was raining and snowing a little, I went shopping for groceries at the market, and came out with the cart and walked to my car, I was freezing and must of looked it, a man was walking behind me and just happened to be parked next to my car, I opened the back up and just reached for a bag, he ran over and said, let me help get these in the car, he was smiling and was very kind. I smiled and thanked him, he said sure thing, it's too cold out here for you. I also had a cold, so it was appreciated.

I often think about the kind things people out of nowhere do for me, and I thank God for the wonderful people I meet along the way.

Funny, they never expect anything in return. So, I pray for their happiness.
--hide--
Good post Cindy. It is heart warming to know many don't ask.

The other day... I did not see a lady behind me in a parking lot was wanting the place I had just taken. (didn't look in time but DID see her look. OOPS!) So later in the store I encountered her again. I was already in the checkout line in the store and saw her come up behind me. So I said "You move up ma'am...since i took your parking spot" (and smiled) She smiled broadly then and said, "Why thank you!" (at least I redeemed myself!)

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Peter-449116 said: I don't have a Chivalry, I drive a Ford.
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Peter-449116 said:

I don't have a Chivalry, I drive a Ford.

--hide--

Clair said, "Peter, don't you mean Feeord?'

Clair - a Feeord is terrain feature found in Norway.

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Danielle-960603 said: Visit the school where I teach and you will see chivalry. I teach my kids as soon as they get ...
(Quote) Danielle-960603 said:

Visit the school where I teach and you will see chivalry. I teach my kids as soon as they get in my class that the boys should treat the girls like Mary and the girls should treat the boys like Jesus. The boys open the doors for my girls and let them go first through a door. They aren't perfect but they try. What's funny is it is harder for the girl to be served than it is for the boy to be the servant. :)

--hide--

Danielle, I applaud you for teaching your students these skills which will serve them well for the rest of their lives. clap Bow hug highfive

I was talking to a friend last night who just quit her job at a large Catholic grade school. She told me that no respect was being shown to anyone in that school by the students. It was appalling to hear this. She is pulling her girls out & sending them to the public school where she has witnessed a totally different set of attitudes and behaviors which demonstrate respect & courtesy. It's sad to hear that the Catholic school administration, teachers, students & ultimately the parents can't set the higher standard. ashamed eyebrow scratchchin wide eyed surprised sorry

Posts 111 - 120 of 188