Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Steven-924301 said: Clair said, "Peter, don't you mean Feeord?' Clai...
(Quote) Steven-924301 said:

Clair said, "Peter, don't you mean Feeord?'

Clair - a Feeord is terrain feature found in Norway.

--hide--

Thanks Steven, I had no idea how to spell it. It looks like communication happened anyway :very happy:
May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Danielle-960603 said: Visit the school where I teach and you will see chivalry. I teach my kids as soon as they get ...
(Quote) Danielle-960603 said:

Visit the school where I teach and you will see chivalry. I teach my kids as soon as they get in my class that the boys should treat the girls like Mary and the girls should treat the boys like Jesus. The boys open the doors for my girls and let them go first through a door. They aren't perfect but they try. What's funny is it is harder for the girl to be served than it is for the boy to be the servant. :)

--hide--
Danielle, that is outstanding! Thank you for sharing~

May 7th 2013 new

These opportunities present themselves all the time: I was flying back from S. Texas and the flight was delayed an hour. All who boarded including (yours truly) were tired...or at least looked that way. (I was!) I had taken my customary aisle seat and was about to "buckle up" A lady of perhaps 50...maybe younger was going to take the seat across the aisle from me. She was dragging a carry-on...as well as her purse. She DID indeed look tired herself....especially when she looked down and thought of "hoisting" this bag in one of the overhead bins. So I got up and said, "Here, let me get that for you" "Oh gosh, thank you so much...careful it's heavy" So I picked it up...OOPS! Was it ever heavy! (started to ask her if she was in the BRICK business!) I stowed it away and said, "You're welcome" When the plane landed....I looked across the aisle and she was looking at me ha! I knew then I would be getting it down for her...and did. "You are a life saver...thank you!" she said. How this petite lady was "lugging" this heavy item around was beyond me...unless others helped her or, she had a WHOLE LOT more strength earler...but whatever the case...that's what happened!~

May 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: These opportunities present themselves all the time: I was flying back from S. Texas and the flight was delayed...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

These opportunities present themselves all the time: I was flying back from S. Texas and the flight was delayed an hour. All who boarded including (yours truly) were tired...or at least looked that way. (I was!) I had taken my customary aisle seat and was about to "buckle up" A lady of perhaps 50...maybe younger was going to take the seat across the aisle from me. She was dragging a carry-on...as well as her purse. She DID indeed look tired herself....especially when she looked down and thought of "hoisting" this bag in one of the overhead bins. So I got up and said, "Here, let me get that for you" "Oh gosh, thank you so much...careful it's heavy" So I picked it up...OOPS! Was it ever heavy! (started to ask her if she was in the BRICK business!) I stowed it away and said, "You're welcome" When the plane landed....I looked across the aisle and she was looking at me ha! I knew then I would be getting it down for her...and did. "You are a life saver...thank you!" she said. How this petite lady was "lugging" this heavy item around was beyond me...unless others helped her or, she had a WHOLE LOT more strength earler...but whatever the case...that's what happened!~

--hide--

Your being put on the top of the list, #1 for performing the Works of Mercy! You get a Gold Star!
May 7th 2013 new

Awww.....thanks Cindy. I really don't know why this happens...but it seems to find me...or, I'm just there at the right time and see these things/opportunities as they happen. I will say I'm "alert" to them. As far as lists....I don't want to be on anyone's list other than Christmas lol laughing
I've been on some folks' lists but I can't mention them here....it's a Catholic site! embarassed

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Felicity-929402 said: The guys at work always hold the door for me and wave me in before them. : ) (...
(Quote) Felicity-929402 said:

The guys at work always hold the door for me and wave me in before them. : )

(I work in IT and wear a skirt every day.... I blame it on that)

--hide--
Felicity...I guess "chivalry" is ALIVE and WELL where you live! Thanks so much for sharing with us~

May 7th 2013 new

Okay this might make some of you laugh and I am in no way negating the importance of chivalry. I have two dogs, about four years old, both boys and litter mates. I know as pack leader I am supposed to go in and out of doorways first. BB who is the dingiest of the two, usually barges out the door, then stops like ohhhh ooops and looks at me until I tell him he can go lol. Rusty always stops at every door and waits for me to go through first and I always tell him what a gentleman he is :-) makes me feel appreciated even if it is just the canine way lol.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Okay this might make some of you laugh and I am in no way negating the importance of chivalry. I...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Okay this might make some of you laugh and I am in no way negating the importance of chivalry. I have two dogs, about four years old, both boys and litter mates. I know as pack leader I am supposed to go in and out of doorways first. BB who is the dingiest of the two, usually barges out the door, then stops like ohhhh ooops and looks at me until I tell him he can go lol. Rusty always stops at every door and waits for me to go through first and I always tell him what a gentleman he is :-) makes me feel appreciated even if it is just the canine way lol.

--hide--
laughing How cute! Maybe "Rusty" KNOWS he's Catholic.....but BB doesn't know what he is!!laughing jk!

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: How cute! Maybe "Rusty" KNOWS he's Catholic.....but BB doesn't know what he is!...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

How cute! Maybe "Rusty" KNOWS he's Catholic.....but BB doesn't know what he is!! jk!

--hide--

LOL No Jerry there is some truth in that lol. BB is very sweet but you can tell he is not the brains of the operation lol. he runs headlong into everything and then prances around so proud of himself. Rusty hangs back, scopes it all out and saunters into the fray lol

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: LOL No Jerry there is some truth in that lol. BB is very sweet but you can tell he is n...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

LOL No Jerry there is some truth in that lol. BB is very sweet but you can tell he is not the brains of the operation lol. he runs headlong into everything and then prances around so proud of himself. Rusty hangs back, scopes it all out and saunters into the fray lol

--hide--
LOL! Hmmmm....does "BB" stand for anything? What's the old saying? "Bean Br..."? I AM just kidding now! But I DID have a full-blooded Weimareiner. And although we named her "Heidi" we COULD have named her something along those lines. She would do just as your "BB" would do....plunge head-long into everything. One time she tore her ear trying to get under my next door neighbors chain-link fence. I don't (for the life of me) know why...he didn't have a pet...she just wanted on that side! After we took her to the animal hospital the vet said "She'll be all right..but you are going to laugh when you see her" Out walked "Heidi" with that one ear fully bandaged...but sticking straight out! She looked like she was making a left turn!! laughing Anyway she bounded out like nothing had ever happened! How did this happen? I got WAY off tangent herelaughing

Posts 121 - 130 of 188