Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 01 new
Very true Ann. No matter where we go we will find there are nice...value-oriented people with manners and a sense of caring. And sadly, we'll find rude people as well.
Jul 01 new
(quote) John-917143 said: Sadly, I'd have to say that my experience with chivalry and women on here has been interesting to say the least. Most of the time, it wasn't really appreciated or noticed by women that I've gone on dates with which came as a surprise to me. I remember on one date, one gal looked at me weird because I held the door for her and pulled out her chair for her. Later on in the evening, she remarked that she wasn't used to being treated that way. Another woman I went on a date with told me that it made her feel like she wasn't independent enough to do things on her own.
Sorry to hear John. But I'd like to believe there are more appreciative folks...than unappreciative ones...so don't stop what you are doing. You probably didn't go out with either one again....right? (one and done!)
Jul 01 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Sorry to hear John. But I'd like to believe there are more appreciative folks...than unappreciative ones...so don't stop what you are doing. You probably didn't go out with either one again....right? (one and done!)
Yeah, I would hope so, too! biggrinNo, I didn't go out with either one of them again. Haha.
Jul 02 new
(quote) John-917143 said: Yeah, I would hope so, too! No, I didn't go out with either one of them again. Haha.
There you go! By the way is Stafford, Tx down there by Houston?
Jul 02 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: There you go! By the way is Stafford, Tx down there by Houston?
Yessir it is! Stafford is a small city in between Sugarland, Missouri City, and Houston.
Jul 28 new
Chivalry is jot dead in my book, just would be nice if more people read the same book, lol.
Jul 29 new
(quote) Justin-949667 said: Chivalry is jot dead in my book, just would be nice if more people read the same book, lol.
Very well put Justin!
Jul 29 new
In MO most people still have basic manors but I see that slipping with the younger crowd.
Jul 29 new
Yes, to Chivalry!! It does still exist- and truly is a blessing in so many ways. When men are chivalrous, it really allows for that complimentary exchange between men & women--its the best feeling when on a date, or just going about the day at work etc..it allows us to receive as ladies and naturally for men to lead..it feels natural and right! ;) It also extends a foundation of kindness and openness, gratitude. I really do appreciate the masculine & feminine contrast--and the things that encourage the beauty of the differences.. :) JMJ+ Lisa
Jul 30 new
I have to say that I'm amazingly spoiled when it comes to chivalry! I go to Spirit and Truth, a group for young adult Catholics to grow in their faith while meeting others the same age. Every time I go, I always have doors opened for me, and one of my guy friends even opens the car door for me! We are only friends, but it shows others that he cares enough to open doors even for his friends! And of course I always say thank you, so he knows I'm not taking the kindness for granted! :)
Posts 171 - 180 of 188