Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 26th 2013 new

I am such a people watcher - even during mass. During the Eucharist I am amazed at how many men to not allow their wives to go ahead of them inthe communion line. When I see a husband step into the isle and make room for his wife to go ahead of him it makes my heart go pity-pat! I can only pray that I find a man with that much respect for me someday. clap heartbeat

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: I went to a Grocery store; And i'am goin down one isle; And a elderly lady about maybe late 70...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

I went to a Grocery store; And i'am goin down one isle; And a elderly lady about maybe late 70's (give or take) now she is petite (short) and i see her struggling to get some kind of "energy kind" of drink (bottles ) thank God they were plastic i walk down i said to her " can i help ya"? she said i think i got it; well i stood behind her; and she was tryin to put the bottle back on the top shelf; and she almost lost her blance; i quickly caught her i said to her" that shelf is a little akward even for me; she said to me after she said thank you! (to me) she said to me those (darn) energy drinks all look the same to me lol lol i said are they for you? she said heck no! there for my "grand kids" we both had a little chuckle out of it; so then she found the right drinks for her grand kids they were eye level; God love that woman had strength too!! (just couldn't reach the top shelf ) thats it!

--hide--
Sorry I missed this one brother! You did great. Good feeling isn't it?

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-805954 said: I am such a people watcher - even during mass. During the Eucharist I am amazed at how many men to ...
(Quote) Jan-805954 said:

I am such a people watcher - even during mass. During the Eucharist I am amazed at how many men to not allow their wives to go ahead of them inthe communion line. When I see a husband step into the isle and make room for his wife to go ahead of him it makes my heart go pity-pat! I can only pray that I find a man with that much respect for me someday.

--hide--
Sorry that it is that way sometimes Jan. Some guys either don't get it or they are too preoccupied. I hope you find that guy you are looking for~

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I don't have a Chivalry, I drive a Ford.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I don't have a Chivalry, I drive a Ford.

--hide--
I drive a Chivy

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-805954 said: During the Eucharist I am amazed at how many men to not allow their wives to go ahead of them inthe...
(Quote) Jan-805954 said:

During the Eucharist I am amazed at how many men to not allow their wives to go ahead of them inthe communion line.

--hide--

Then again maybe he's trying to keep a clean mind before going to receive the Blessed Sacrament. I heard one guy say he likes going to Mass with his dates, and always lets her go up first because he gets to check out her butt while she's walking, and it can be done so descretly and she never knows. Just sayin'! scratchchin shhh

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I drive a Chivy
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I drive a Chivy

--hide--
I wouldn't admit to that in public, Jerry! laughing

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: Then again maybe he's trying to keep a clean mind before going to receive the Bl...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

Then again maybe he's trying to keep a clean mind before going to receive the Blessed Sacrament. I heard one guy say he likes going to Mass with his dates, and always lets her go up first because he gets to check out her butt while she's walking, and it can be done so descretly and she never knows. Just sayin'!

--hide--
Hey Peter, I'll bet you're that "one guy!" laughing

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Hey Peter, I'll bet you're that "one guy!"
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Hey Peter, I'll bet you're that "one guy!"

--hide--

Peter, you're just trying to stir the pot! Its getting cold! ! Honest not me ... someone said that to me once!

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-805954 said: I am such a people watcher - even during mass. During the Eucharist I am amazed at how many men to ...
(Quote) Jan-805954 said:

I am such a people watcher - even during mass. During the Eucharist I am amazed at how many men to not allow their wives to go ahead of them inthe communion line. When I see a husband step into the isle and make room for his wife to go ahead of him it makes my heart go pity-pat! I can only pray that I find a man with that much respect for me someday.

--hide--

Jan, I agree. It is nice when a gent allows us to go first in the communion line. My Dad always did that for my Mom or for me - whichever of us was next to him in mass. heart That man consistently showed me how to be treated like a lady, God rest his soul.

Elevators are another place I notice chivalry - but I've heard two variations of what should be done. scratchchin Perhaps someone can clear this up. boggled

- One - the gent gets on FIRST and puts his hand across the door to keep it open for the lady. (That way he is on board near the buttons should the doors start to close anyway.)

- Or Two - the gent allows the lady to get on first, holding the door with his arm, then he follows her.

Exiting the elevator seems to be the same - he lets her off the elevator first - standing just inside with his hand holding the doors open. biggrin

Just today I was in and out of several doors with my mother, who uses a walker and moves REAL slow. I could hold the first door for her into the lobby, but there was always someone who jumped ahead to hold the second one for both of us. Men and women BOTH did this. Since Jerry started this thread - I'm noticing chivalry all over the place! YAY! hug rose

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Jan, I agree. It is nice when a gent allows us to go first in the communion line. My Dad ...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Jan, I agree. It is nice when a gent allows us to go first in the communion line. My Dad always did that for my Mom or for me - whichever of us was next to him in mass. That man consistently showed me how to be treated like a lady, God rest his soul.

Elevators are another place I notice chivalry - but I've heard two variations of what should be done. Perhaps someone can clear this up.

- One - the gent gets on FIRST and puts his hand across the door to keep it open for the lady. (That way he is on board near the buttons should the doors start to close anyway.)

- Or Two - the gent allows the lady to get on first, holding the door with his arm, then he follows her.

Exiting the elevator seems to be the same - he lets her off the elevator first - standing just inside with his hand holding the doors open.

Just today I was in and out of several doors with my mother, who uses a walker and moves REAL slow. I could hold the first door for her into the lobby, but there was always someone who jumped ahead to hold the second one for both of us. Men and women BOTH did this. Since Jerry started this thread - I'm noticing chivalry all over the place! YAY!

--hide--
Mary I did that just today. I rarely go in the office on Fridays but went in....today. The way I do it....and did it was I held my hand across the door while she stepped on. When she exited on my floor....I held it open while she stepped off first. She politely thanked me..and then asked me where a certain office was on my floor. She thanked me again as I smiled and said, "You're welcome"

Posts 51 - 60 of 188