Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 25 new

hug hugJackie I am so sorry! It's frustrating at the very least. I agree with the others - start making phone calls, take good notes of every conversation (names, dates, times, etc) and keep calm. It may take a while, but they should be able to work something out. Praying Praying

Apr 25 new
hughug Chicababe! I am so sorry. I know this causes all kinds of stress (as if we don't have enough in this world!)

Certainly offering up prayers for clear answers and less of a bill! Praying Remember, Jesus has got you covered when others don't!
Apr 25 new

Dear Jacqueline: I pray for you and for the solution to your situation. I entrust to St. Jude the Saint of Difficult and Desperate Cases.

Apr 25 new

Jackie: Call the doctor's office and ask for the billing department and tell them that you were not aware of these charges. Tell them that you can only afford to pay them a certain amount each month. Maybe they will lower the price . If the procedure was done at a hospital, sometimes if you cannot afford it, they will just eliminate your bill. Good luck.

Apr 25 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Jacqueline, That's so unfair! The practice of not informing a patient with medical insurance u...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Jacqueline,

That's so unfair! The practice of not informing a patient with medical insurance upfront that they are assigning an anesthesiologist who is not in network is unethical, deceptive, and lacks full disclosure imo. I wouldn't pay any portion of the bill (yet) until you get better advice/have a final agreement (in writing), because I think when you begin making payments it sets a legal precedent that you accept the balance they are demanding. If it were me I'd call the Attorney General's Office for NJ www.state.nj.us and the Dept. of Insurance for NJ www.state.nj.us to obtain guidance on filing a complaint/steps which provide better leverage toward a favorable resolution.

The bottom of this WSJ article provides helpful resource links: guides.wsj.com
--hide--

Jacqueliine,

I believe that Mary gave you some excellent advice! I do have a small concern though about the aging of the payments or non-payments. I'm concerned that after a while, that if you don't make a payment at least every 60 days, the bill may be sent to a collection agency. I would ask the billing manager about their collection practices.

When I get a medical bill, I usually pay $5 a month so that it doesn't get sent to collections! With an $8,000 bill, I would send $25 a month, if able. Of course, before making any payment, take Mary's advice first.

Thankfully, my medical bills total about $750!
Apr 25 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Jacqueline, That's so unfair! The practice of not inf...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:
Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Jacqueline,

That's so unfair! The practice of not informing a patient with medical insurance upfront that they are assigning an anesthesiologist who is not in network is unethical, deceptive, and lacks full disclosure imo. I wouldn't pay any portion of the bill (yet) until you get better advice/have a final agreement (in writing), because I think when you begin making payments it sets a legal precedent that you accept the balance they are demanding. If it were me I'd call the Attorney General's Office for NJ www.state.nj.us and the Dept. of Insurance for NJ www.state.nj.us to obtain guidance on filing a complaint/steps which provide better leverage toward a favorable resolution.

The bottom of this WSJ article provides helpful resource links: guides.wsj.com

Jacqueliine,

I believe that Mary gave you some excellent advice! I do have a small concern though about the aging of the payments or non-payments. I'm concerned that after a while, that if you don't make a payment at least every 60 days, the bill may be sent to a collection agency. I would ask the billing manager about their collection practices.

When I get a medical bill, I usually pay $5 a month so that it doesn't get sent to collections! With an $8,000 bill, I would send $25 a month, if able. Of course, before making any payment, take Mary's advice first.

Thankfully, my medical bills total about $750!
--hide--
Thanks for bringing that up, Helen. I made the assumption that she would be cognizant and mindful of the due-date/time-line while quickly garnering expert advice. While my concern is that you don't want to set a legal precedent or jeopardize your case by starting payments on a grossly disputed balance/demand, she'll need legal advice what to do in the meantime. When we make payments on bills, it's on mutually-accepted charges. These are grossly disputed. Perhaps, upon the date of formally filing a complaint the due date is suspended? I don't know. These are questions a lawyer will need to answer. If she feels compelled to make very small payments in the interim, at a bare minimum, I would suggest attaching a letter with each payment specifically stating that in no way should this interim payment constitute an agreement of disputed charges.

Oh, dear, is there a licensed lawyer in the house to weigh in on what Jacqueline should do?

May dear St. Anthony find you the right help/advice and a good solution. Praying
Apr 25 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Please pray for a situation, I receive...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

Please pray for a situation, I received a huge anesthesiology bill from an endoscope and colonoscopy from a year ago! Well it turns out the anesthesiologist wasn’t even in network and they are not paying him, I had no control as to who he was since I was given my appointment at my doctor’s office and the procedure was done by her in her office, she’s in NETWORK…now I’m saddled with an 8k bill I can’t afford to pay…I called my carrier and they attempted to do something online but my only other alternative was to appeal it which I sent them paperwork to get done. Go figure, had I known he wasn’t covered, I wouldn’t have had it done or would have gone elsewhere, their mess up and I’m left paying the piper…Thank you all.

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart hug Sorry to hear that Jacqueline: I hope you can set the record straight; Keep us posted when ya can. Take care (of your health) Mike "Peace"!!

Apr 25 new

Definitely prayers Jacqueline and keep after them and if you end up still having to pay part of this refuse to pay all of that they will discount it to a ridiculously small amount for insurance companies argue for that as well. I am so sorry this is happening to you, have been there and done that. Hugs, it will all work out.

Apr 25 new

Praying

Apr 25 new

Praying

Posts 11 - 20 of 39