Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Fractured Foot

Apr 25th 2013 new

weeping

Well, being a runner for years and years, I've never been injured FROM RUNNING. But a rock found its way between my foot and the ground late last year and has resulted in a fractured metatarsal and probably other issues. After 1 month of running following a 3 month break, it is apparent the injury is not healed and a second set of x-rays today show a fracture (not apparent earlier.)

So... I'm laid up from running again for probably another 3-4 months. The local running group was my only social activity. So I'm worried about loneliness again that has plagued me for the past year. I only recently started with the running group, and it was helping me climb out of severe loneliness/isolation that had become crippling since moving to Tampa from the other side of Florida last year.

Please pray for this stupid injury to heal, so that I can return to enjoy running and social interaction with other runners. My goal was to run the Boston marathon in 2015, after qualifying in February of next year. (Was to have qualified in 2010 but was snowed out, then in 2012 but was unemployed... so having a tough time making it to the starting line...)

Thanks, all.

Michael

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Well, being a runner for years and years, I've never been injured FROM RUNNING. Bu...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

Well, being a runner for years and years, I've never been injured FROM RUNNING. But a rock found its way between my foot and the ground late last year and has resulted in a fractured metatarsal and probably other issues. After 1 month of running following a 3 month break, it is apparent the injury is not healed and a second set of x-rays today show a fracture (not apparent earlier.)

So... I'm laid up from running again for probably another 3-4 months. The local running group was my only social activity. So I'm worried about loneliness again that has plagued me for the past year. I only recently started with the running group, and it was helping me climb out of severe loneliness/isolation that had become crippling since moving to Tampa from the other side of Florida last year.

Please pray for this stupid injury to heal, so that I can return to enjoy running and social interaction with other runners. My goal was to run the Boston marathon in 2015, after qualifying in February of next year. (Was to have qualified in 2010 but was snowed out, then in 2012 but was unemployed... so having a tough time making it to the starting line...)

Thanks, all.

Michael

--hide--

Prayers Michael and hugs!! Hope it heals swiftly. Could you ride a bike along side the runners to keep the social aspect, or be in charge of the water breaks or something??

Apr 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Well, being a runner for years and years, I've never been injured FROM RUNNING. But a r...

Thanks, all.

Michael

--hide--

Sorry to hear this news! Praying for your "stupid injury" to heal ; )

Praying
Apr 25th 2013 new

Prayers for healing and asap return to your running group - maybe God wants you all to Himself for awhile :)

Apr 25th 2013 new

Praying hug Praying your injury heals as quickly as possible. Sometimes when God closes a door, he opens up a window. Could be CM or something at Church. We never know. God Bless you, Michael.

Apr 25th 2013 new

Praying

Apr 26th 2013 new

Praying Praying hug

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Well, being a runner for years and years, I've never been injured FROM RUNNING. Bu...

Thanks, all.

Michael

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying

Apr 26th 2013 new

Praying Praying

Apr 26th 2013 new

Praying

Posts 1 - 10 of 38