Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Hello, I was wondering is it possible for people to hide their profiles from general searching so they don't show up?

Apr 25th 2013 new

That's a fascinating question. Now you've got me wondering, too. wide eyed

Does this mean all the good ones are being held in reserve somewhere and the rest of us are just so much chopped liver? laughing

Apr 25th 2013 new

I think it's people who don't want to be messaged so there may be an option to set themselves unfindable. I don't know. I can't find any documentation on this.

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Raphael-888821 said: Hello, I was wondering is it possible for people to hide their profiles from general searching ...
(Quote) Raphael-888821 said:

Hello, I was wondering is it possible for people to hide their profiles from general searching so they don't show up?

--hide--

No we do not have that feature. If you have a profile then you are visible in search.

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Raphael-888821 said: Hello, I was wondering is it possible for people to hide their profiles from general searching ...
(Quote) Raphael-888821 said:

--hide--

It's important to distinguish Match and Search results. Since some people confuse the terms I will cover both as best I can; I'm sure Debbie or Nathan will keep me honest in the morning. biggrin

If your profile status is anything other than Active (i.e., on Vacation, Seeking Friendship only, Engaged, or In a Relationship) it will not be included in Search results and will not be matched to other users.

Members who have not completed the match profile will not show up in Match results. I believe those whose profile is Active but who are divorced without an annulment or otherwise indicate the are not free to marry in the Church will show up in Search results but will not be matched.

Apr 26th 2013 new

You got it Jerry. Those with a profile status of anything other than active are not currently included in search results or match lists, however, the profile can still be accessed through other means, such as a direct member number search, clicking on the person's photo or name in the inbox, or through any of the community features (forums, chat rooms, events, trivia)

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: It's important to distinguish Match and Search results. Since some people confuse the...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

It's important to distinguish Match and Search results. Since some people confuse the terms I will cover both as best I can; I'm sure Debbie or Nathan will keep me honest in the morning.

If your profile status is anything other than Active (i.e., on Vacation, Seeking Friendship only, Engaged, or In a Relationship) it will not be included in Search results and will not be matched to other users.

Members who have not completed the match profile will not show up in Match results. I believe those whose profile is Active but who are divorced without an annulment or otherwise indicate the are not free to marry in the Church will show up in Search results but will not be matched.

--hide--

Spot on Jerry, I was reffering to the fact that we do not have a feature where users can purposely hide themselves in results or viewing their profile and continue to use the site. When someone has their profile status to On Vacation they are precluded form using the site until they change their status.

Apr 26th 2013 new

Jerry beat me to the punch on this one. I only knew the answer because when setting my profile to seeking friendship only once it alerted me that I would not show up in matches or searches.

May 2nd 2013 new

Brain, so if I indicate in a relationship and have not paid for current subscription, what access do I have to the site? I gather others will not be able to search for me and I wil not receive email if not current member. But I like the blogs and forums and are these still accessable to non paying member?

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: Brain, so if I indicate in a relationship and have not paid for current subscription, what acc...
(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said:

Brain, so if I indicate in a relationship and have not paid for current subscription, what access do I have to the site? I gather others will not be able to search for me and I wil not receive email if not current member. But I like the blogs and forums and are these still accessable to non paying member?

--hide--

Non-paying members can receive emails and emotes, but they are unable to read the content until they subscribe.

Non-paying members can read the blogs and forums (except the gender-specific forums) but they are able to post only in Community Help.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11