Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Blake-808613 said: I am sorry to hear you are having this problem but I am glad to know its more than just an idaho problem...
(Quote) Blake-808613 said: I am sorry to hear you are having this problem but I am glad to know its more than just an idaho problem lol... I have been on here for a few months now and haven't received a response to any of my messages, nor have I received any messages from women as of yet:(... As to your question of what men really want, I would prefer that a women take the reigns with the online dating and make the first move. I know it sounds a bit cowardley but to avoid the feelings of being perceived as desperate or creepy it would be nice if you made the first move. Pictures are a must and preferably full body images, at least one recent photo helps. In the real world I have no problems making the first move but online it just seems different... Thanks for the topic and I hope to hear some thoughts from the women readers on this...
--hide--

The man has a point. There's always the question of "OK. How do I make sure to NOT sound like an axe murderer?"

But hopefully some of the awkwardness will wear off with time. I am fortunate that I had a wonderful and decent lady to chat with early on. No, it didn't lead to anything, but she is a friend and I am thankful. And there's other awesome women I've met. Hurrah. After enough experience, it won't seem so intimidating to make the first move. But this IS one place where men are as scared of the women (being judged by women as creeps) as women are of men.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Nicole-958786 said: What do men really want???
(Quote) Nicole-958786 said:

What do men really want???

--hide--

I want...everything.

Is that specific enough?

Apr 28th 2013 new

Sometimes it's just that men haven't gotten to your profile yet. Men are not complicated. IF they want a woman, they will find a way to let her know.

Apr 28th 2013 new

Typo. I meant If, instead of IF.

Apr 28th 2013 new

I agree wholeheartedly with Kristine. You may have a part to play too, other than just setting up your profile.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said:2. What do men want? Drinks, snacks, and don't block the TV.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

2. What do men want? Drinks, snacks, and don't block the TV.

--hide--

Marge, men are not complicated at all. They have their needs in order, and drinks, snacks and TV come into play only after the most important needs are met.

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Jim-397948 said: You are awesome. I wish my job did not keep me in NYC for the next two years
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

You are awesome. I wish my job did not keep me in NYC for the next two years
--hide--

So meet me for a drink in DC . . . you do go to DC don't you?
Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: So meet me for a drink in DC . . . you do go to DC don't you?
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

So meet me for a drink in DC . . . you do go to DC don't you?
--hide--

Yeah, baby!!!

Jim, meet her for a drink. Do it, Jim! Do it!!! DC is a lovely area and a great place for a drink. Go for it, man!

Apr 29th 2013 new

Hi Nicole,

I'll echo what some others said. You have a nice photo but as guys we are visual, so more helps. The guy who loves you will do so not despite but because of your looks. More photos makes a guy more sure. Guys are rarely going to inititiate contact unless they feel confident, so more pictures will get more looks and contacts.

Also post in the forums.

I agree that having 5/7 on Church teaching means you'll get less traffic than 7/7, but you will get those of us who have "accept most of the teachings" on our filter.

Also, sending an emoticon to a guy with phrase helps.

Here's where I think you are hurting yourself- your intro paragraph is very weak. Your picture and your first two lines are where you get a gents attentio, so say something that attracts attention- either a cute pick up line, or something that you are passionate about. Then add details about your hopes, dreams and goals. Your point is adding material is to give a guy somethingto respond too. If a gent likes you and thinks your cute, but has nothing he can start a conversations with he'll likely not start that converstation. Basically make yourself easiy to approach and have a conversation with.

Also, in the seeking section don't beg. If you want a guy that is intelligent and humorous and honest and faithful, then make that a requirement. (in fact, honesty and faithfulness are far more important to a successful relationship than intelligence and humor)

Hope that helps!

Peace,

Matt

Apr 29th 2013 new

We want the same things you ladies want,being happy in life,there is always a lot of pro and cons in every human endeavour,is all about fine tuning.

Posts 41 - 50 of 94