Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 10 new

(Quote) Jason-818994 said: I agree that Reena's post was excellent. The best answer to the OP's initial question is,...
(Quote) Jason-818994 said:

I agree that Reena's post was excellent. The best answer to the OP's initial question is, "God".

What I've been thinking about lately: In God's infinite wisdom, He established marriage as a covenant between the two halves of His Creation. Because men and women are so different in some ways, it can be very difficult to be understanding with each other. (Speaking from personal experience, it can be very difficult just to understand women, period.) But I think God's plan was to embed complementarity within sexual difference, so that we might learn to love someone who is both radically different, but also alike in dignity and equally loved by God Himself.

It's easy to talk about love, but it's very hard to love someone day after day. God foresaw this difficulty, too. Marriage is a school of love, I think, where God teaches us to love selflessly so that we might see His Face in Heaven, the final reward which also happens to require... you guessed it... selfless love. Marriage is God's way of helping us get to Heaven, so if a man's answer to, "What do men really want?" is anything other than, "God," then he might want to keep thinking about who he's called to be.

My challenge to my Catholic brothers: Don't accept the stereotype (largely created on Madison Avenue) that we're all just beer-swilling, mindless skirt chasers destined to sit slack-jawed in front of the World's Biggest Television Set for all of eternity. We're made for God, and many of us are called to help one of our Catholic sisters meet Him, too. Pretty heavy stuff--so don't settle for the watered-down version of masculinity!

--hide--

Thank you, Joan. Thank you, Jason and amen to that highfive

You sound like someone who does not buy into the culture's image of masculinity - thank you for that. It must be so hard for men because of this overly-sexualized culture. I pray that you find your special woman whom God has meant for you Praying

...and if the Holy Spirit happens to bring you out West then feel free to give me a "holla" wave (woah woah woah scratchchin I think I just flirted ...not sure where that came from eyepopping embarassed laughing )

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

May 10 new

(Quote) Kathy-953820 said: Nicole, I wish I knew. I've been on a month and haven't had any luck eith...
(Quote) Kathy-953820 said:

Nicole,

I wish I knew. I've been on a month and haven't had any luck either. Not sure what d to do.

Kathy

--hide--

Ladies Post more. You post and you will at least be seen in the forums. That is a good thing! wave WELCOME!

May 10 new

(Quote) Jason-818994 said: I agree that Reena's post was excellent. The best answer to the OP's initial question is,...
(Quote) Jason-818994 said:

I agree that Reena's post was excellent. The best answer to the OP's initial question is, "God".

What I've been thinking about lately: In God's infinite wisdom, He established marriage as a covenant between the two halves of His Creation. Because men and women are so different in some ways, it can be very difficult to be understanding with each other. (Speaking from personal experience, it can be very difficult just to understand women, period.) But I think God's plan was to embed complementarity within sexual difference, so that we might learn to love someone who is both radically different, but also alike in dignity and equally loved by God Himself.

It's easy to talk about love, but it's very hard to love someone day after day. God foresaw this difficulty, too. Marriage is a school of love, I think, where God teaches us to love selflessly so that we might see His Face in Heaven, the final reward which also happens to require... you guessed it... selfless love. Marriage is God's way of helping us get to Heaven, so if a man's answer to, "What do men really want?" is anything other than, "God," then he might want to keep thinking about who he's called to be.

My challenge to my Catholic brothers: Don't accept the stereotype (largely created on Madison Avenue) that we're all just beer-swilling, mindless skirt chasers destined to sit slack-jawed in front of the World's Biggest Television Set for all of eternity. We're made for God, and many of us are called to help one of our Catholic sisters meet Him, too. Pretty heavy stuff--so don't settle for the watered-down version of masculinity!

--hide--

Jason, Thanks for sharing these excellent thoughts--beautifully stated! You get a Gold Star! clap clap Bow knight-errant thumbsup

May 12 new

Depends on the man. All men are different, and that's the difficult thing about them. But it also goes both ways. Most men are wondering what it takes to get a woman to look at their profile, too.

Posts 91 - 94 of 94