Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Glad it's of assistance, Dawn (aka Purveyor of Posititivity). One other item that I've remembered...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Glad it's of assistance, Dawn (aka Purveyor of Posititivity). One other item that I've remembered. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. She invited me over for the Super Bowl and made a homemade pizza, plus snacks. Let's just say I was impressed and she started to look a whole lot more attractive to me. Granted she was wearing jeans for the first time and I did look. Sorry, but it's hard not to look and I didn't stare. Anyway, that was a one-two combo with food and sex as she sat right by me on the couch and actually leaned on me, which I enjoyed........a lot. Like I say, it started out as a friendship, but through her efforts, I did start to see her in a different manner and developed romantic feelings for her. So, it can be done, but like I say you have to look for the signs from him that he'd be interested in being more than friends.

--hide--

Dan, don't apologize to me for noticing that a woman is a woman and that she is attractive. Looking is a good thing, as long as you don't stare and you don't objectify. And I don't think you do, sir. knight-errant

<---- Taking notes: baking food, dress in a feminine manner that shows a woman is a woman, include casual proximity and touch (in an affectionate, but innocent way.)
Apr 29th 2013 new

Hey Dawn,

I've had a few lady friends who I realized after a while that I was interested in. Things that got in the way were irregular contact and being overly obvious about being interested in me...

Regular contact is the first step, the second is to be pretty and lady like, and the last is to let him know what a great guy he is. And bat your eyelashes. But don't seem too obvious. Just let a gut now that he might be the right guy. If a guy has zero interest he will drop it, but if there is something there the fact that you make him feel like a man may allow you to that that leap.

Also, feel free to pay attention to other guys. Nothing gets a guys attention like competition. Plus it may get a different guy wink cupid

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Hey Dawn, I've had a few lady friends who I realized after a while that I was interested in. T...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Hey Dawn,

I've had a few lady friends who I realized after a while that I was interested in. Things that got in the way were irregular contact and being overly obvious about being interested in me...

Regular contact is the first step, the second is to be pretty and lady like, and the last is to let him know what a great guy he is. And bat your eyelashes. But don't seem too obvious. Just let a gut now that he might be the right guy. If a guy has zero interest he will drop it, but if there is something there the fact that you make him feel like a man may allow you to that that leap.

Also, feel free to pay attention to other guys. Nothing gets a guys attention like competition. Plus it may get a different guy

--hide--

wave Hi Matt! Great ideas, as always. Thank you! rose

1. Keep up the contact.(Out of sight IS out of mind!)

2. Be a lady in appearance and actions.

3. Make him feel like a man!

4. Competition is good.
Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Hi Matt! Great ideas, as always. Thank you! 1. Keep up the contact.(Out of sight IS out o...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

Hi Matt! Great ideas, as always. Thank you!

4. Competition is good.
--hide--

This is awesome information . Thank you for Dawn for starting this and thank you gentlemen for your input and feedback - keep them coming. I really need to work on the flirt and food department. scratchchin Praying

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Hi Matt! Great ideas, as always. Thank you! 1. Keep up the contact.(Out of sight IS out o...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

Hi Matt! Great ideas, as always. Thank you!

4. Competition is good.
--hide--

It seems as if the competition aspect worked in my situation. heartbeat

Apr 29th 2013 new

Is the way to a man's heart really through his stomach? I find that hard to swallow scratchchin A guy I know said the very same thing to me today. Is his stomach simply a way to lure him, or to keep him, or both? In many of the couples I know, the men are the more accomplished cooks. I would guess that being kind and faithful would be the more long-term qualities a man might cherish. Of course, being kind does include sharing the cooking, etc. Just wondering...

Apr 29th 2013 new

In re: cooking for a man Chef stir the pot! Its getting cold! I do agree that many men are very accomplished cooks. However, in my opinion, those who have lost a wife might really miss having a meal prepared for them. Perhaps their repetroire of what to cook is limited & they might appreciate a meal cooked by someone who is showing their care, kindness & maybe even their willingness to move to the next level. And, oh yes, it is SO nice to share the prep work, to work side by side in the kitchen!

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I think there is a special smile that guys use for women they want to have a relationship with....
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

I think there is a special smile that guys use for women they want to have a relationship with. If I see that smile, it gives me "permission" to re-think our "friendship."
--hide--

But...how do you know it's not gas? or a twitch?! eyepopping boggled laughing wink tongue wave

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Hey Dawn, I've had a few lady friends who I realized after a while that I was interested...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Hey Dawn,

Regular contact is the first step, the second is to be pretty and lady like, and the last is to let him know what a great guy he is. And bat your eyelashes. But don't seem too obvious. Just let a gut now that he might be the right guy. If a guy has zero interest he will drop it, but if there is something there the fact that you make him feel like a man may allow you to that that leap. DUDE YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO A FRIEND OF MINE....HE NEEDS THOSE CLUES (before I deck him big time!!)

Also, feel free to pay attention to other guys. Nothing gets a guys attention like competition. Plus it may get a different guy

--hide--

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

--hide--

ACK...I added something to someone else's posting and it didn't work, I was liking someone's advice and saying that a friend of mine NEEDS TO HEAR THESE CLUES!!

Posts 21 - 30 of 36