Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: But...how do you know it's not gas? or a twitch?!
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

But...how do you know it's not gas? or a twitch?!

--hide--

Jacqueline, one easy way is if you faint after it happens it's PROBABLY gas, and a bad sign! laughing laughing

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: In re: cooking for a man I do agree that many men are very accomplished cooks. However, in my opi...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

In re: cooking for a man I do agree that many men are very accomplished cooks. However, in my opinion, those who have lost a wife might really miss having a meal prepared for them. Perhaps their repetroire of what to cook is limited & they might appreciate a meal cooked by someone who is showing their care, kindness & maybe even their willingness to move to the next level. And, oh yes, it is SO nice to share the prep work, to work side by side in the kitchen!

--hide--

Carol, it's also not near as much fun to eat alone, so having someone to share a meal with is nice. I like to think I can cook, no one has ever faint or weeping after a meal I've cooked, but I find it boring to cook for myself, and tend to get into a rut. When I was cooking for 2 it tended to be enjoyable, in part because I always got a "thanks dear" at the end of the meal.

Of course my "little man" thinks I should be cooking for 2, but he's short on words and just sits and begs for food instead of saying "thanks 'daddy'". Shesh some puppies! rolling eyes

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: 4. Competition is good.
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

4. Competition is good.
--hide--

I don't disagree that competition is good, but if you make it too much of a competition, or too much of a challange some guys are going to assume you're not interested and will quickly loose interest.

The puppy dog guys will sit and beg hoping you'll throw them a bone , but there are others that are going to lose interest and look for somewhere else to 'play'.

Apr 29th 2013 new

In highschool, when I wanted a boyfriend I got out of the friendzone with flirting, initially, and then just being blunt about it if he didn't purse it further. It worked out for me most of the time. The times it didn't, I still remained friends with the guys and it wasn't a big deal. When you act like it is a big deal, or you have made the friend into an idol, then it becomes problematic if they don't feel the same way.

Anyhow, it has always worked for severely introverted me. Good luck to you!

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Ellen-813688 said: Is the way to a man's heart really through his stomach? I find that hard to swallow A guy I k...
(Quote) Ellen-813688 said:

Is the way to a man's heart really through his stomach? I find that hard to swallow A guy I know said the very same thing to me today. Is his stomach simply a way to lure him, or to keep him, or both? In many of the couples I know, the men are the more accomplished cooks. I would guess that being kind and faithful would be the more long-term qualities a man might cherish. Of course, being kind does include sharing the cooking, etc. Just wondering...

--hide--

Let me put it this way, it's part of the equation. It's not the only way to a man's heart, but it helps. When the woman who at the time I was friends with and still am, eventhough we dated and it broke off. When she made that pizza, it honored me. I felt honored that she would take the time, energy and effort to make something for myself and do so with a smile. She seemed happy to be making it and that just added to it all. It wasn't a chore for her and it showed me that she cared. Men like a woman who can handle herself in a kitchen and although, I too have seen where the men in the relationship are the better cook, it's always heartening when she does cook. Like I say, it's honoring.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: One of our age old topics here is our dismay at being put in "The Friend Zone." (Cue the appropr...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: One of our age old topics here is our dismay at being put in "The Friend Zone." (Cue the appropriate music. )

I don't want to discuss that... the futility of the struggle to get out of it (I don't believe it is a futile effort), or that "Men always.... Women always...." etc. etc. etc.

Instead, I'd like to know how does one suggest to a friend the desire to turn it into a romance as well? What works?

Of course we could just ask the other party, right? But let's be realistic... that's not what we'd really like to do. First, we're scared of losing the good friendship. Second, do we really believe that the other will be inspired to think romantically about us if we say, "I've been thinking about our friendship lately, and I really think we ought to give dating a shot. What do you think?"

So, dear Sirs, how should a female friend, who would like to inspire you to think romantically about her, behave? What behaviors, attitudes, actions, and words might change your perception of her so that you would desire to pursue her in a romantic sense?

So, gentle Ladies, how might a male friend who has been entertaining romantic notions about you suggest to you that dating him might be a good idea? What ways could he woo you from seeing him as a denizen of The Friend Zone and more of a romantic hero?
--hide--

Oh yes, the friends zone. Once someone is my friend, I usually just leave at that. That is why I like this site. I can get right to chase... we either date or wish each other a nice life....

Posts 31 - 36 of 36