Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Hi All

Are there many registered members in 65-79 age range in USA ? What is the average length of time someone generally uses this site? I realize God not us in charge of our future but are the odds so low it is not a good use of our time and finances? I have tried this site and two others and think these sites may be best for those 50 and under, based on few responses. Most just seem to be lookers not seekers. l I would like folks in this age group to reply. Just asking your opinions. Just Curious
Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Judi-872097 said: Hi All Are there many registered members in 65-79 age range in USA ? What is the average le...
(Quote) Judi-872097 said:

Hi All

Are there many registered members in 65-79 age range in USA ? What is the average length of time someone generally uses this site? I realize God not us in charge of our future but are the odds so low it is not a good use of our time and finances? I have tried this site and two others and think these sites may be best for those 50 and under, based on few responses. Most just seem to be lookers not seekers. l I would like folks in this age group to reply. Just asking your opinions. Just Curious

--hide--

For males in the United States:

65 - 512
66 - 524
67 - 354
68 - 321
69 - 305
70 - 315

71-74 - 865
75-79 - 609

Total - 3,805 (if I did the arithmetic correctly)

Apr 27th 2013 new

Thanks for providing those statistics.

It helps all of us who are in that age group assess whether being on a site such as this is truly a waste of time or whether it may garner some results in the long run.

I feel very fortunate that I did find a good man here in the right age group. We'll see what happens down the road--it's in God's hands right now.

Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Thanks for providing those statistics. It helps all of us who are in that age group as...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Thanks for providing those statistics.

It helps all of us who are in that age group assess whether being on a site such as this is truly a waste of time or whether it may garner some results in the long run.

I feel very fortunate that I did find a good man here in the right age group. We'll see what happens down the road--it's in God's hands right now.

--hide--
The Good Lord handed you an opportunity -- now it's up to you and your gentleman friend to give it your best shot. We hope things turn out well for both of you.

Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Judi-872097 said: Hi All Are there many registered members in 65-79 age range in USA ? What is the average le...
(Quote) Judi-872097 said:

Hi All

--hide--
You're likely to see fewer members in the "mature" age brackets. One reason is that some don't have computers; many are leary of the internet and online dating sites; and it could be that most of them are still married. Lastly, some might not want to be available because of personal circumstances, such as health issues, and so on.

Nevertheless, there are many members in different age groups on CM, including several in our age group. They are making their presence known by using the "tools" in the CM "tool kit", which includes messaging capabilities, chatting, emotes, profiles, and the forums (and more). Be involved -- it will help you get acquainted.

Apr 27th 2013 new

Yeah, but how many were active in the last 14 days?

I suspect that, regardless of age, most people take the short subscription to "give it a try" and then walk away. surprised

Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Yeah, but how many were active in the last 14 days?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Yeah, but how many were active in the last 14 days?

--hide--

65-69 - 629

70-79 - 539

Apr 28th 2013 new
For sure there are plenty of men here in your age range. There shouldn't be a problem in finding them.

Good luck.
Apr 28th 2013 new

I have found the biggest problem on here it that there are not any men in my area in my age bracket. I have dated one guy from this site, but we were not a good match, and he had a 6 1/2 hour drive to see me. I am dating someone now, but he is not from this site.

May 4th 2013 new
Hi Jerry, Can you tell us what the numbers are for the 50-55 age bracket? Thanks!
Posts 1 - 10 of 37