Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 13th 2013 new
Aren't we all! scratchchin
Jul 13th 2013 new
Hi Judi,

I saw your post and although I'm not quite in the age bracket you mention I wanted to share my experience. I've been on here for about 9 months and I have to admit, that since my annullment is still in process, I'm not looking to date at this time but I have had a really nice time communicating with some really great people. I see you're from Arizona as am I. I've attended two member meet-ups in Phoenix one last fall and the latest this spring. I had a wonderful time at both. It was tremendously refreshing meeting some new friends who are solidly connected to thier faith. We had great fellowship and had some wonderful conversations. I do hear of people meeting potential mates on here but I don't know how frequently it happens. I guess I feel that the interaction with other Catholics whose faith is important to them is enough value for me. In reality, God is ultimately going to provide what's best for us at any given time and in His time, not ours. At least that's the way I look at it. It certainly can't hurt to be cruising around on here. At the very least, we'll get the opportunity to correspond with some good Catholic individuals.

Oh, in case you might be interested, there's a member meet-up in Orange County, CA in August. I'm going and I believe some of the members who attended the Phoenix events will be there as well. Great people! You should consider joining us. There were a couple of gentlemen close to your age at the Phoenix spring event. Check the Orange County event out under the "more" tab and click on events. Lots of great activities being planned by Janet who was at both Phoenix events. Sorry for such a long reply.

God bless you Judi,

Dan

Jul 14th 2013 new
I am 70 years young. I too sometimes wonder if all men in the age bracket I am interested in (67-76) are just interested in either a younger woman, or a live-in situation rather than marriage (remarriage). As I write this, as someone who has been divorced twice, annulled once, I find myself often drawn to profiles of men who are widowed...no particular reason why. Yet I understand that probably a widower would be wary of a relationship with a divorced woman, as most likely that has not been part of his life experience.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
Leslie, glad you wrote. I am 69 yr. young widow, one of those who narrows the search to widowers only. One of my daughters questioned this saying I was narrowing the pool of possibilities. Well I was going for the familiar. Is this wrong? If a man never married and he is in his late sixties, why? There is most likely a reason. A divorced man could invite more problems with possible baggage. And like someone said, no annulment, what? And why? A Catholic friend of mine, a widow in her early 70's met and married a Catholic widower on another dating site and found happiness in 2010. They worked out the distance issue and it is working. They are moving to FL in Oct. Her grown children and grandchildren are here too. She said they can visit me in FL. She said....time marches on and why not go for happiness?
Aug 6th 2013 new
Carol,
I was reading all the posts after you said "LDR." Thought I was just not "getting it." Light bulb went off...is it long distance ride? LOL. I think distance is an issue. In this day of the high cost of gasoline, driving over an hour is troubling for many. Back in the 60's when I dated my husband gas was cheap. Today it is unthinkable for some to even try to make it work. My grown children drive their kids all over and it is an issue. I feel bad, so I agreed to meet halfway for a date that was over an hours drive. That might help. We had a second date that involved lots of walking on a hot afternoon, I was so exhausted and he had to drive all the way back home. Haven't heard back from him.
Guess it was way too much to expect it not to matter. Finding someone in your own backyard is not going to happen, so prayers to find a way is the answer. Somehow those that belong together will find one another. It will take work. It is in HIS hands!
Aug 12th 2013 new
Thanks for your company Fran. I was thinking I was the oldest lady here. The Lord bless.
Aug 12th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-981059 said: Thanks for your company Fran. I was thinking I was the oldest lady here. The Lord bless.
Mary, you are certainly NOT the oldest lady on this site. I believe in God's perfect plan for each of us. And some of us have actually found a sweetheart here.
There are many older men on this site, so keep contacting those who sound interesting. theheart
Aug 12th 2013 new
(quote) Regina-949796 said: Leslie, glad you wrote. I am 69 yr. young widow, one of those who narrows the search to widowers only. One of my daughters questioned this saying I was narrowing the pool of possibilities. Well I was going for the familiar. Is this wrong? If a man never married and he is in his late sixties, why? There is most likely a reason. A divorced man could invite more problems with possible baggage. And like someone said, no annulment, what? And why? A Catholic friend of mine, a widow in her early 70's met and married a Catholic widower on another dating site and found happiness in 2010. They worked out the distance issue and it is working. They are moving to FL in Oct. Her grown children and grandchildren are here too. She said they can visit me in FL. She said....time marches on and why not go for happiness?
Regina, I have had conversations with other divorced women regarding dating divorced men vs. widowed men (or even those who have never married eyebrow) What we have come to believe is that not all marriages are perfect & who can really tell whether a widowed person had an unsatisfactory marriage or was a perfect partner? On the other hand, a divorced person may have been most willing to be the best partner but their spouse may have been difficult. Just my humble opinion.
Aug 13th 2013 new
Carol,
I would agree with your consensus that not all marriages are perfect. As a widow of a 40 year marriage, I am testament to that. I attempted to make my marriage work because I took my weddding vows seriously. I see so many of you on CM comment how truly wonderful your marriage was despite the normal trials of life. I may never have the joy of being a recipient of that kind of affection but hope that one day I might.
Aug 15th 2013 new
Mary - I was not married as long as you were but otherwise we are two peas in a pod. I too tried and tried. I am happy for those who had perfect or near perfect marriages, really I am, but it does hurt a little bit that I have never known that happiness. I hope and pray that you and I both will find what we seek "the second time around".
Posts 21 - 30 of 37