Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 29 new

(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: A friend of the family complained to me that she couldn't stand reading the dating encounters in t...
(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: A friend of the family complained to me that she couldn't stand reading the dating encounters in the Dating Lab or something in the Washington Post. She was really tired that most people end the relationship after one date because there is no chemistry. She asked what was wrong with being friends first and then later seeing if it could develop into more. On the one hand, I could understand not being interested in even pursuing a friendship with someone who just watched tv or sat at a computer, if you were a very active type. On the other hand, if you appear to share the same values, the same faith and shared an interest in some activities, why not be friends and hang out and do things together? As you get to know someone, you might find the person more interesting than you realized. What do you all think?
--hide--

I think chemistry is important but it can be overrated. Sometimes it just takes sometime, but if you aren't feeling it after a month or so, it may be time to break it off. I actually think women tend to look for sparks right away more than men. I can't tell you how many dates I have had where I thought they went well for a first date - only to have the women think something totally different.

What can you do????? Just keep trying... only gotta get it right once....

Apr 29 new

I would have to give them four or five dates; I think that is reasonable. I wouldn't expect someone to be comfortable "being themselves" on the first encounter. Chemistry grows over time, and I am almost always wary when there is a lot from the get - go!

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: Yes, i agree, instant gratification is an ugly quality. I also think it is self-centered and superfici...
(Quote) Claudia-960515 said: Yes, i agree, instant gratification is an ugly quality. I also think it is self-centered and superficial.
--hide--

So will this be tied into basing whether or not to continue getting to know someone , on "spark"? I still am a little confused about what this is exactly. I hear people say "He/she is a nice person, good looking too and xyz but there's no spark." boggled Is it really reason enough to not pursue it? Is "spark" the same as chemistry? How does it tie in to an enduring and sacrificial love?

I remember reading about the woman behind the movie " The Vow". She said that she never got her memory back but she made the choice to love her husband. It sounds like a decision she made beyond "good feelings" associated with falling , being and staying in love.

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: (Quote) Claudia-960515 said: A friend of the family complained to me that she c...
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

Quote:
Claudia-960515 said: A friend of the family complained to me that she couldn't stand reading the dating encounters in the Dating Lab or something in the Washington Post. She was really tired that most people end the relationship after one date because there is no chemistry. She asked what was wrong with being friends first and then later seeing if it could develop into more. On the one hand, I could understand not being interested in even pursuing a friendship with someone who just watched tv or sat at a computer, if you were a very active type. On the other hand, if you appear to share the same values, the same faith and shared an interest in some activities, why not be friends and hang out and do things together? As you get to know someone, you might find the person more interesting than you realized. What do you all think?

I think chemistry is important but it can be overrated. Sometimes it just takes sometime, but if you aren't feeling it after a month or so, it may be time to break it off. I actually think women tend to look for sparks right away more than men. I can't tell you how many dates I have had where I thought they went well for a first date - only to have the women think something totally different.

What can you do????? Just keep trying... only gotta get it right once....

--hide--

I think it might be able to develop over time.

Apr 30 new
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: In my opinion and experience, "chemistry" as sexual attraction can d...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

In my opinion and experience, "chemistry" as sexual attraction can develop over time...espeically in a woman when the gentleman is persistent enough. I don't know about the other way around.

--hide--

It seems like more men are interested in initial chemistry than women. Like Reena mentioned, initial chemistry seems far away from an enduring and sacrificial love.

Thank God, not all men/women are the same. You know a real gem when you run into one.
Apr 30 new

I have only had one relationship in which it started with physical chemistry pretty quickly, but then, sadly, other important qualities for marriage were not there. The best relationship did not start with chemistry or sparks. The chemistry came later as I was learning about my man...he is such a gentlemen, devoted to his faith, takes care of himself, etc. I don't think the chemistry would have ever occurred without first having many of the qualities I was seeking...in particular, a man who places his faith first in his life. When a man places his faith first and really makes the effort to live it out in all aspects of his life, and a woman is on the receiving end of that life, chemistry develops. That type of relationship is not easily found, but when it is, you really feel as though that is the man that God wants you to be with.

Posts 21 - 26 of 26