Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

May 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Jacqueline: I wish I could say that our masses in New York have properly dressed people. I know at...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Jacqueline: I wish I could say that our masses in New York have properly dressed people. I know at the 5:00pm
on Sunday night, I can see that the girls put on shorts and a t shirt over their bathing suits. The shorts are quite short.
They just look inappropriate for Mass.

Then I think to myself, well at least they are coming to Mass. Now a days they don't think to dress properly for Mass.

--hide--

Marianne,

I agree that I prefer to see others dressed for mass more traditionally. But especially the afternoon masses, those I think are expected to be a little lighter in the expectations for dress.

I don't know about bathing suits and a tee-shirt. Perhaps that might be inappropriate dress for mass, but this usually dressed tradition-for-mass lady, has on an occasional Sunday, been happy to be able to wear more comfortable clothing to mass, rather than miss it altogether. Around here in casual So. CA, and depending upon the parish, it is not usual to see many dressed quite casual for mass.
May 2nd 2013 new

Restaurants and other food-vending establishments (i.e. good ol 7-11) have dress codes stemming from the health code, if I understand correctly.

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Don't you have dress codes to get into nightclubs or upscale restaurants there. In...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Don't you have dress codes to get into nightclubs or upscale restaurants there. In NYC, there are plenty of places that one
cannot eat in with sneakers on and Men have to have a dinner jacket also in those restaurants.

That is why prosecuting the Jewish shopowner is a bit odd. Why would dress code be allowed in some businesses and
not in others?

--hide--

One of the marks of Ultra liberals, like Blumberg, is that although they talk about personal freedom a lot,what they mean is that since they know better than us what is good for us, personal freedom means doing it their way. They merely tolerate us peasants if we toe the line as they dictate. Of course, they see no reason why they should have to follow the rules they law down for the rest of us.

Decorum and good taste are only for the elites in their own venues where the rest of us are not allowed to even think of going.

Posts 21 - 23 of 23