Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Do you ever wonder about..?

Apr 27th 2013 new

This is a conversation starter:

If you have starred a "favorite" profile, maybe one that you have exchanged emotes or messages, do you ever wonder what they are doing if you see that they are online?

If you are a frequent forum poster you know already that you are quite visible- but what about everyone else? I just saw that there was about 740 men online. Wow. What are they doing?

I notice that many more women post on the threads as opposed the the guys.

Do you have a favorite Forum?

Apr 27th 2013 new
One thing I think people are doing on line is nothing as they are not really on line--they just forgot to log out, or thought they did. That has happened to me many times. Another thing they might be doing is reading the posts in the fora, but not posting themselves. Each of the forums provide some helpful insight, or a good chuckle.
Apr 27th 2013 new
i think if they have smartphones or tablets they forget to log out! i think.
Apr 27th 2013 new

True about reading threads. and I did forget about logging out. For me, as soon as I click off my browser, I'm off. I didn't think about how others may have there computers set up.

I see so many complaints here about "where are the good ones.." or " about not having any emotes or messages- not meeting anyone..." Well profiles only say so much.. very minimal at that. How else is one going to get to know someone else if they don't communicate? It is true that many times I will be reading a thread and found someone else say exactly what I would so what else can I do but hit the thumbs up.

And I am not talking about those who post. Sometimes we just have to start a thread. I wonder if there is a topic search for past conversations? Anyway maybe half or more of those people have left CM.

Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Helena-961554 said: And I am not talking about those who post. Sometimes we just have to start a thread. I wonder if...
(Quote) Helena-961554 said:

And I am not talking about those who post. Sometimes we just have to start a thread. I wonder if there is a topic search for past conversations? Anyway maybe half or more of those people have left CM.

--hide--

I agree with you about the ease of having a topic search for past conversations.

Apr 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Helena-961554 said: This is a conversation starter: If you have starred a "favorite" profile, maybe one t...

This is a conversation starter:

If you have starred a "favorite" profile, maybe one that you have exchanged emotes or messages, do you ever wonder what they are doing if you see that they are online?

If you are a frequent forum poster you know already that you are quite visible- but what about everyone else? I just saw that there was about 740 men online. Wow. What are they doing?

I notice that many more women post on the threads as opposed the the guys.

Do you have a favorite Forum?

--hide--

Yes, I have spent time reading fora from several years back..I find some of my favorite posters even if they were before my time here, follow their history and then read the threads I find interesting or humorous. I don't have favorite fora I don't think. Some nights I am in the mood to play games (ban is always good) or find new songs or share mine or to be serious and read those kind of topics...

I am very grateful the ad for Catholic Match was in our parish bulletin. I so enjoy this site and its members! biggrin hug
Apr 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Helena-961554 said: True about reading threads. and I did forget about logging out. For me, as soon as I click off my browser, I...

True about reading threads. and I did forget about logging out. For me, as soon as I click off my browser, I'm off. I didn't think about how others may have there computers set up.

I see so many complaints here about "where are the good ones.." or " about not having any emotes or messages- not meeting anyone..." Well profiles only say so much.. very minimal at that. How else is one going to get to know someone else if they don't communicate? It is true that many times I will be reading a thread and found someone else say exactly what I would so what else can I do but hit the thumbs up.

--hide--

Maybe they left because they found a match.

lovestruck! smile
Apr 27th 2013 new

I notice a pretty high proportion of people who do the polls and chat, but never use any other site features.

Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I notice a pretty high proportion of people who do the polls and chat, but never use any other si...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I notice a pretty high proportion of people who do the polls and chat, but never use any other site features.

--hide--

I agree and that is why I like to invite someone that I might be interested in to join the forums and join in the conversations. I know of many people that have meet through the forums and are now married.

The polls are a safe way just to quickly do something but does not have any commitment. The chats to me seem to be fun but not much time or thought go into the conversation compared to on the forums.

For me I like to check out the hot topics and then the posts that I have started or have posted in. For me I also like to look at my searches and so that might take some of my time.

Apr 27th 2013 new
I actually stopped logging out and I have been leaving a connection open most of the time I am home in hopes that someone will notice me, write to me, and marry me. It has to start somewhere.

I have noticed that some people seem to be on a lot, and others are hardly on at all. I suspect that many of those who are connected are actually doing nothing at all. At least, they aren't doing anything useful, anyway. I guess we're all just staring at one another.
Posts 1 - 10 of 19