Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 28 new
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: how about "maybe"? www.youtube.com
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

how about "maybe"? www.youtube.com

--hide--

Cute laughing
Apr 28 new

(Quote) Robert-803886 said: laughing at the responses that will come from many.
(Quote) Robert-803886 said: laughing at the responses that will come from many.
--hide--

Yes It is good to be lighthearted when one can be...

Apr 28 new

I beleive there have been significant numbers of court cases where a guy was defending himself with the excuse that her saying "No" actually was her being a silly little woman, who actually meant "yes".

No means No.

Any woman who means yes when she says no, needs two things, a kick in the bum from her collective sisters, and a dictionary.

Apr 28 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I beleive there have been significant numbers of court cases where a guy was defending himself wi...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I beleive there have been significant numbers of court cases where a guy was defending himself with the excuse that her saying "No" actually was her being a silly little woman, who actually meant "yes".

No means No.

Any woman who means yes when she says no, needs two things, a kick in the bum from her collective sisters, and a dictionary.

--hide--

Yes this is a very serious matter and can become more serious if it ends up in court, which is often does.

Apr 28 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I beleive there have been significant numbers of court cases where a guy was defending himself with the excuse ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

No means No.

--hide--

Yes, this true, as I was just kidding before, but really Naomi, can you give some examples as to what happened in a court case? I just never heard of this, or can't think of one now.

biggrin
Apr 28 new

How stupid do you think we are, as a sex? irked

Seriously, the problem isn't that women don't say what they mean, the problem is that men don't listen.

Apr 28 new

No, they don't.
Unless you want to count "I'll call you" when they have no intention of doing so.

Apr 28 new

Carl, sugar, any gal who tells you "no" actually meaning "yes" is:
- a liar
- a moron
- more than you can handle. (Trust me, babe...I know what you can handle.)

Apr 28 new
That is the benefit of "maybe" or "let me think about it" depending on the question of course. Do you like liver? Yes-- (I happen to like it if cooked right.) Do you want to see my pet boa? -- no --( I have a phobia.) Do you mode if I smoke? Yes, (I really have a problem with it.) Do you want to get a bit to eat? Yes-- (I'm interested in getting to know you) Do you want to go scuba diving? Maybe --(I've never done it and have to think if I feel brave :)) Etc. etc.. Or are you asking something else..... The more we know ourselves the more you will bet a straight answer. I think some might not, and so will consider the answer they think you are asking for to be a pleaser.
Apr 28 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: That is the benefit of "maybe" or "let me think about it" depending on the quest...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: That is the benefit of "maybe" or "let me think about it" depending on the question of course. Do you like liver? Yes-- (I happen to like it if cooked right.) Do you want to see my pet boa? -- no --( I have a phobia.) Do you mode if I smoke? Yes, (I really have a problem with it.) Do you want to get a bit to eat? Yes-- (I'm interested in getting to know you) Do you want to go scuba diving? Maybe --(I've never done it and have to think if I feel brave :)) Etc. etc.. Or are you asking something else..... The more we know ourselves the more you will bet a straight answer. I think some might not, and so will consider the answer they think you are asking for to be a pleaser.
--hide--

My 'no' means just that. NO. irked

My 'yes' means just that. YES. biggrin

My "maybe' means what Elizabeth explains above. MAYBE. (I need to think about it and will let you know my final answer later.)

It's really simple. Don't assume a different answer is in my head. Stick with my factual words, not your imaginary desired reply.

OF COURSE - (this is where it can get tricky) - as a woman, I reserve the right to change my mind at any given time, too. boggled laughing rolling eyes But IF I do, I WILL let you know my new decision at that time.

Gotta love the English language: no / know, their / there / they're, hear / here, etc - those are all confusing.

No / Yes = not confusing.

Posts 11 - 20 of 64