Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 28th 2013 new
I say what I mean and I mean what I say and stick to it. I also fully agree with Marge on what she said.
Apr 28th 2013 new

Fair enough "no"mean "no" and "yes" mean "yes",of course "maybe" mean "maybe".

Apr 28th 2013 new

Well Carl this could be a really loaded question.

For instance in the serious stuff and I am sure you know what I mean, No is definitely NO.

In the case where you want me to go zipcording down a mountainside, my initial no could be a bit wishy washy and with some persistent goading it might become a yes.

Or trying to get me to eat sea urchin sushi or something, that no could probably be overridden after some persuading to at least give it a shot.

Apr 28th 2013 new

Some security expert I think on "Oprah" made an interesting comment:

When a man says "no" it's the end of the conversation. When a woman says "no" it's the beginning of a negotiation.

No truer words were ever spoken!

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Hector-770413 said: Fair enough "no"mean "no" and "yes" mean "yes",of course "maybe&q...
(Quote) Hector-770413 said:

Fair enough "no"mean "no" and "yes" mean "yes",of course "maybe" mean "maybe".

--hide--

Hector, there you go, you have it all figured out!

Welcome here to the fora! Post often, for there are lots of wonderful smart Catholic people here. rose
Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: ....When a man says "no" it's the end of the conversation. When a woman says "no"...
(Quote) Julie-42315 said: ....When a man says "no" it's the end of the conversation. When a woman says "no" it's the beginning of a negotiation.....
--hide--

Good post, Julie.

When a parent says "we'll see" - that means "NO." laughing laughing laughing At least it did in my house. wink

Apr 28th 2013 new

No mean no.

If there's any doubt in your head that it means no, interpret it as no. It's a good way to keep from getting arrested.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: That is the benefit of "maybe" or "let me think about it" depending on the quest...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: That is the benefit of "maybe" or "let me think about it" depending on the question of course. Do you like liver? Yes-- (I happen to like it if cooked right.) Do you want to see my pet boa? -- no --( I have a phobia.) Do you mode if I smoke? Yes, (I really have a problem with it.) Do you want to get a bit to eat? Yes-- (I'm interested in getting to know you) Do you want to go scuba diving? Maybe --(I've never done it and have to think if I feel brave :)) Etc. etc.. Or are you asking something else..... The more we know ourselves the more you will bet a straight answer. I think some might not, and so will consider the answer they think you are asking for to be a pleaser.
--hide--

When you are ready to scuba dive, let me know and I will go with you. I learned to dive in college. Scuba diving has gotten better and better as more equipment is designed for the female form. My kids dive too. fluffy fluffy fluffy

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Good post, Julie. When a parent says "we'll see" - that mea...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Good post, Julie.

When a parent says "we'll see" - that means "NO." At least it did in my house.

--hide--

If my parents had said "we'll see," I would have kept working them until they said no. I have to be told straight out. lol.

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Claudia-964534 said: When you are ready to scuba dive, let me know and I will go with you. I learned to dive in college. ...
(Quote) Claudia-964534 said:

When you are ready to scuba dive, let me know and I will go with you. I learned to dive in college. Scuba diving has gotten better and better as more equipment is designed for the female form. My kids dive too.

--hide--
My son is certified (maybe expired now). not sure I want to try it . .. Would need some to lots of convincing. Maybe one day.
Posts 21 - 30 of 64