Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:
--hide--

I cannot speak for all women (some of us are idiots too), but when I say "NO" I mean NO!
Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Melanie-364556 said: If my parents had said "we'll see," I would have kept worki...
(Quote) Melanie-364556 said:

If my parents had said "we'll see," I would have kept working them until they said no. I have to be told straight out. lol.

--hide--
In my house (raising the boys) it meant "If you are good....it is a yes" Course many times they'd mess up and it was a NO.
But the younger one (when he was perhaps five) put a positive spin on it. One time the older one was asking me about something and I said, "We'll have to see" The younger one piped up: "That usually means a yes!" (i was laughing privately)

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Good post, Julie. When a parent says "we'll see" - that mea...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Good post, Julie.

When a parent says "we'll see" - that means "NO." At least it did in my house.

--hide--

Mine too!

"not now" was usually a permanent "no" too!

Apr 28th 2013 new

faint No means NO. Yes might happen, however, not when you hear, "No!". highfive

Apr 28th 2013 new

Yes, Carl NO means NO and YES means YES. very clear biggrin For all types of relationships! Now between fathers and daughters (mine in particular) when he said NO it meant to my sis and I "maybe"...if I bug him enough it will be a yes :) But don't feel too sorry for him because he learned not to say NO to us he just said "tomorrow, daughter, tomorrow" ...we could never argue with that!

Apr 28th 2013 new

When I say yes, I mean YES! I try to make my words reflect who I am.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said:...When a woman says "no" it's the beginning of a negotiation.
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:...When a woman says "no" it's the beginning of a negotiation.
--hide--
Only to men who don't listen.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: Some security expert I think on "Oprah" made an interesting comment: When a man s...
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

Some security expert I think on "Oprah" made an interesting comment:

When a man says "no" it's the end of the conversation. When a woman says "no" it's the beginning of a negotiation.

No truer words were ever spoken!

--hide--

That's quite interesting! scratchchin

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said:
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:
--hide--

Are you kidding me?! NO means NO....'nuf said!

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:
--hide--

Hi Carl,

At first I thought this was a joke or something, but now I am wondering to what are we saying no or yes to? You mean for anything?

Could you please give some examples?
Posts 31 - 40 of 64